Thread: swordfish 300amp pro + vs seaking 180amp esc

Default swordfish 300amp pro + vs seaking 180amp esc

So I recently changed to a swordfish 300a pro + from a hobbyking 180a. After I gps'ed the boat today, Its seems I have lost about 5mph just from switching escs. I did not make any changes to the boat at all. Same batteries. same props and the same water conditions. Any thought?

If anything the SF300 will give you more power.

Unless SF300 ESC firmware settings are different and set to give you less power (set Motor Timing to Auto), etc.

That's the wierd part. I adjusted the swordfish setting as close as i could to the settings of the Hobbyking 180a with no luck
    Last edited by twonb1; 10-24-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Throttle calibration?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    If anything the SF300 will give you more power.

Unless SF300 ESC firmware settings are different and set to give you less power (set Motor Timing to Auto), etc.
    Can you explain how it would give more power??

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Throttle calibration?
    Throttle calibration was done correctly per instructions.

After u calibrate speed control go back in to ur radio and turn throttle end point up to 125%

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    After u calibrate speed control go back in to ur radio and turn throttle end point up to 125%
    Calibrate at 100% and then up it to as high as it will go. This will solve the problem.

any other answers

I've about thrown in the towel on the 300. I have two. One does exactly as you discribed. The other doesn't fire at all. Frustrating.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by twonb1 View Post
    So I recently changed to a swordfish 300a pro + from a hobbyking 180a. After I gps'ed the boat today, Its seems I have lost about 5mph just from switching escs. I did not make any changes to the boat at all. Same batteries. same props and the same water conditions. Any thought?
    You mention you have a Pro + which includes data logging
    A few years ago my CC LV240 exploded and I switched to a SF 240 with the data logger. I lost 4 mph and was never able to get it back.
    Keith Bradley notes on his site that the Data Logger does have an undesirable effect on performance. http://keithbradleyboats.com/product...swordfish-300/

Thank you,
    Michael

ok thanks I will be looking into this link you provided as soon as I break free from work

427srule, if you think datalogging is the issue you can try lowering the data logging refresh interval setting in the SF firmware software change the default to log once every 5+ seconds and see if that makes any performance improvements for you.

But either way, it might have something to do with the efficient design of the controller.

What do you have the timing set to? Did you see this thread? https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...fyi&highlight=

[QUOTE=dmitry100;676232]427srule, if you think datalogging is the issue you can try lowering the data logging refresh interval setting in the SF firmware software change the default to log once every 5+ seconds and see if that makes any performance improvements for you.

But either way, it might have something to do with the efficient design of the controller.[/QUOTE

Dmitry - Thanks for the tip
    I will have to give it a try