Thread: New MC owner

Default New MC owner

I just got my MC last weekend. Adjusted the strut to 1/8 up and neutral angle. Ran a GR 42/55 and got 37mph out of her on gps. This week I changed out the rudder to the speedmaster with the water pickup,sharpened and rounded and raised the strut to 3/16 with a couple degrees up in back. 39mph. Switched to the Octura m445 and holy crap did this thing wake up. 44mph and is super stable. Motor temp at 130,speed control at 96. Only problem was the stock batt connectors were 215 degrees. I'm switching them out to 6mm bullets tonight. Just wondering if the connector change will net me any mph gains? This boat is a blast and I couldn't believe the prop change results. Lovin it.

Two things you are not saying. Was the GR 42/55 sharpened and balanced? Also for the 215 degrees how long was your run time?

Jim
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Prop was SB. Probably about a 4min balls out run. 2 2c 6000 70c (supposedly) packs. I'm not complaining about anything,just wondering if the connector change will net just a little more power.
    I'm not new to r/c boats,just the whole electric in a boat thing. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    Two things you are not saying. Was the GR 42/55 sharpened and balanced? Also for the 215 degrees how long was your run time?

Jim

Just put my MC together with a new motor, esc, & props. Just wondering how you made out with your connector change?