Thread: ProBoat Programming Module question

Default ProBoat Programming Module question

Hello,
    I want to use lipo's with my bj26. Can anyone please tell me, if i need to progrem the esc with the programming module only once or every time i open the power on.
    Thanks' guys.

Once. But for my own piece of mind, I program every 4 or 5 times or so.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Manual is available online here.

http://proboatmodels.com/ProdInfo/Fi...ing_Module.pdf

As a side note, make sure you set the programing card to high voltage cutoff.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Thanks' a lot.

No problem! That's what this forum is for.

Default Help

I am trying to set up my BL with my new set of lipos. I get the single beep when I turn on with the program card and when I plug esc back into the tx in channel 2 I dont get any throttle. I can stear and that is all. I just put in a new ESC and I am getting nothing.

PLEASE HELP !!

Is it the same brand ESC? Try flipping the connector that goes in the receiver.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

it is a new stock ESC

Try simple diagnostics first...
    I had a similar problem when I first got mine. The PB reciever went bad after one run. Channel 2 (throttle) died. Unplug, your steering servo and plug your ESC into Ch 1. Power it up and move the steering (wheel or stick) on the controller and see if the motor spins.

I actually talked to the ProBoat guys about this a while back, and he said that it was normal and you just need to unplug batts and then plug back in for throttle and steering. Sounded weird to me, but it works every time and he said it was just the way it is. Go figure.

Andre

Question when using lipos is it best to run on soft timmimg or hard timming?? i am running soft timing?