Thread: Proboat recoil 17 brushless boat

Default Proboat recoil 17 brushless boat

I kind of looked for a thread started but could not find one. I picked one up for mostly family members to use if they want to go with me to the pond, what would be a good prop to replace the plastic one?

Members of our club just purchased 15 Recoils. Our first week info seems to be.
    1. Only 1300 or 1400 mah bats. 2200 mah bat weighs 3 ounces more flips too easily. Bat aft port side. Tabs ALL the way up. Fins OK. Have not found a better prop.
    Driving is a skill. Boat is over torqued so must ease into the throttle. We had eight running at the same time today!! We have boats up to 80mph but we are having a ball with these. Don't expect to run full throttle until you get steering set up and then, only when you want to squeeze it. Expect 3 mins run time. 6-8 hours charge time. We just got these and have extended tabs, strut etc but come back to basic set up.
    Have Fun
    Gary

I have not really been impressed with the boat for the price it is, I am very disappointed in the run times, if I knew it was that bad I would have not gotten it, I don't want to carry half a dozen batteries for 18 minutes of fun, even the kids get mad after it dies right after they get started.

i use 1500mah lipo's and have put the esc on the right side so the boat is more balanced in the water but still turns when upside down
    1500mah gives a decent runtime
    agree with the fact that the boats is over torqued , you need to pull the trigger with some feeling!
    fun little boat indeed

I am one of the guys in salty7067's club. Just for kicks we are trying to race these boats in a small triangular course. Hardly anyone can keep this thing in a straight line. Above 3/4 throttle the thing runs wet, chine walks, hooks, rolls over, flips, and submarines. Sure, it's good for laughs with 6 to 10 in the water together. But, otherwise, it is just a kid's toy boat.

Sorry Gary.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

This seems to be almost the same as the barbwire, yet the barbwire seems to be a better boat and long run times and better handling. I wonder if a motor change would do anything. These boats also have no resell value.

remove the last half of the strakes near the transom , so you remove a bit of the lift
    it makes the handling a bit better but will not solve the things you mention completely
    have to say that in calm water i can run full throttle but not when there is some chop ( boat is a lot faster but chine walks and hooks at full throttle) even with the removed strakes near the transom

i've been thinking to put the solid axle 1mm higher at the transom : will create less lift at the transom ( smaller angle)and will reduce the "over torqued effect" ( less prop in the water )
    but to do this i will have to heat up the axle so the glue comes loose , no time for this right now

Quote Originally Posted by iop65 View Post
    remove the last half of the strakes near the transom , so you remove a bit of the lift
    it makes the handling a bit better but will not solve the things you mention completely
    have to say that in calm water i can run full throttle but not when there is some chop ( boat is a lot faster but chine walks and hooks at full throttle) even with the removed strakes near the transom

i've been thinking to put the solid axle 1mm higher at the transom : will create less lift at the transom ( smaller angle)and will reduce the "over torqued effect" ( less prop in the water )
    but to do this i will have to heat up the axle so the glue comes loose , no time for this right now
    Interesting ideas. Our group was going to keep the boats stock. If I try your suggestions, That will be Plan B. Otherwise, the guys might want to disqualify my boat.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/