Thread: self-righting with no flood chamber

Default self-righting with no flood chamber

Winter project; I went looking and googled about every thing. I was reading or read on a different forum where they move every thing around and etc. I wonder if anyone has pictures and info of which I could get such described items. I could pay for info or send me in the right direction. I have to my boats done but something different would make day and some FUN! Thanks ahead of time! Have a god day!

I think somebody put out a lid for the Spartan a couple years ago that made it self righting. Looked like some Narwhale kinda thing. Great big bubble on top.

This boat is about to be released.
    It's roll over ability is designed into the shape of the deck & the cowling.
    sounds like a great boat for wave jumping at the beach.

But there are enough images here to be able to give you some ideas on making a lid, & reshaping a deck,for an existing hull if you want.

https://www.monkeyhobby.com/vector-s...etCurrencyId=2
    Last edited by 785boats; 10-21-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    This boat is about to be released.
    It's roll over ability is designed into the shape of the deck & the cowling.
    sounds like a great boat for wave jumping at the beach.

But there are enough images here to be able to give you some ideas on making a lid, & reshaping a deck,for an existing hull if you want.

https://www.monkeyhobby.com/vector-s...etCurrencyId=2
    These cheaper abs boats are almost there to get people started, they almost fill the void Proboat and Aquacraft have left for P Ltd-spec monos. With a change of motor,esc and prop they may be ok? Well we can only hope for options to get newbies into racing can't we?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

On these 2 boats I use the inertia of the motor:
    http://speed-mania.de/chucky_evo.html

So they are self-righting with no flood chamber, as long as they are in range and the motor works.
    http://speed-mania.de/ordner/Micro/m...drehung_3s.avi

May I ask what you have against flood chambers, and why you want to avoid using one?

Racing has developed self-righting monos from the high centre of bouyancy (rounded deck and canopy) type, to the flood chamber model, which allows for a decrease in aero drag and a lower centre of gravity (for better handling and a lower likelihood of going upside down in the first place).
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    These cheaper abs boats are almost there to get people started, they almost fill the void Proboat and Aquacraft have left for P Ltd-spec monos. With a change of motor,esc and prop they may be ok? Well we can only hope for options to get newbies into racing can't we?
    Hi Peter.
    I actually race an abs Volantex Vector 80 in our restricted class. It wins races against the more well known hulls. Yes, a motor & ESC change to comply with the class rules. But it is a great hull.
    But you are right. The more people they get started in the hobby the better.

005.jpg
    Last edited by 785boats; 10-21-2019 at 07:13 PM.

I got a Pro boat Recoil and it has a counterweight to help with motor inertia to roll it back over. Maybe you could do something like that with your boat? I was trying to sell my Recoil but had no takers, so I just ordered a new ESC and I'm going to modify it for more speed. It was a lot of fun all stock and works great but everyone always wants more power and speed!! LOL! I purchased it about 3 weeks before the Sonicwake came out and was pissed when I learned about the Sonicwake, but oh well. I will just build up the Recoil for more speed plus it is smaller than the Sonicwake so it is easier to take out with me on the lake in my 1:1 boat.