sorry for the long post Sooo.... my wife bought me a BJ24 for my birthday in July and I've got the RC bug again bad. I use to own nitrous cars 10 years ago but in that time rc electric boats have come very far.

I almost regret that I am confined to the blackjack 24 in my quest for more speed but seeing as how my wife won't let me get the 29 I am stuck. As a consequence I am making my 24 as fast as possible. I have made a few mistakes along the way but I feel like I am headed in the right direction now. I've learned a lot in the last 2 months but I know there are tons of more knowledgeable guys out there. I would like to share where I've been and where I am headed with the boat in the hope that those Knowledgeable people will come out of the woodwork and save me a lot of time and money.

Of course the stock set up didn't last long, I went to a 3s 45c battery and over propped it and the motor fried in the first week. I ordered a leopard 3650 2450kv, went to 4s, swapped the stock esc for a seaking 120a and added 3 water pick-ups (for a total of 4) and I instantly had an out of control boat. I noticed the water flow still wasn't great for the two lines I had running to the engine so I ordered 9/16 hoses, wider "y connectors" and wider outlets. I even bored out the esc cooling tubes and the water jacket nipples. Replaced everything and it was running super cool. Then I dealt with the instability caused by going to 4s with trim tabs (ose-80069). I know this is unconventional for a cat, but they really allowed me to dial in the boat. The only problem was that I liked it crazy and now it was stable again. There could be only one solution....

I ordered a leo 3660 2750kv and jumped up to 5s 4500mah 25c batteries (this is where the experienced folks are shaking their heads). Now I know this set up is pushing my batteries and esc, but man is it fast. At first it rain too wet and I had to slide the esc and batteries back. Dialing in the strut took time and a lot of flips before I got it right. Once I got it stable the power of my set up began to show...... in the form of several broken props after 2 seconds of full throttle and a completely twisted flex shaft that ripped my stuffing tube in half. After upgrading to an aftermarket strut, bj29 flex shaft and bj29 prop It became reliable. BUT I wanted more so I bought a pulse 5s 4500mah 45c battery. I also upgraded the wiring to 10 guage and the connections from ec3's to some much better connection who's name I can't remember. Now the boat spends all its time bouncing from the last 2 inches of the hull to just the prop in the water. I have no idea how fast the boat is going but I would guess 45-50 mph. I've got this set up nailed so I decided to go a different direction in the quest for more...

I just ordered a leo 4074 motor 1800kv, Rader 150a esc, several octura props 38-42mm (1.5-16. pitch) which I think might be too small??, and a revoelectrix 5s, 70c 5000mah battery. I have no idea what this will do to the boats speed. I think I am stuck with the newbee thinking that higher kv is better, time will tell. And I suspect I will be running 6s in this set up before long. The question is, am I heading in the right direction????