Thread: Tenshock Mini Eco version differences?

Default Tenshock Mini Eco version differences?

There appears to be 3 versions, but aside from one being 3mm wider, and another having a chine up front, I'm hard pressed to tell them apart, let alone which turns better or takes waves better or which is less prone to submarine in a turn
    The drive systems all seem to be the same.

Anyone else have a clue?

The Peter Pan is the original old design. The Swordsman is the same old hull but with a flex or wire drive which will be more stable, but not quite as fast on flat water. The Evo with its anti submarine wedge, deeper V, and more rounded deck looks like it is the one for rougher water. The Volador looks like the peter pan and swordsman hull but without the steps on the wings, I don't know of a disadvantage to having them, but they were contriversial when the first ECOs with them came out as the rules say ECOs can't be stepped, so maybe they are to fit in with the rules of a club or organisation that disallowed them.

Or that might all be BS, the pics aren't great and while I have raced one and seen quite a few, I am not an ECO Expert.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I've been looking at these things for a long time, along with many others... since most water around me is either huge rivers or small neighborhood ponds I'll start with small boats (eco and Mini Sprint).
    Guess I'll go in for the Evo with fingers crossed that its the least prone to diving in tight turns... I'm sort of on a boat buying spree today. :)