Thread: Namba rule proposal - 2016 - please vote!!

Default Namba rule proposal - 2016 - please vote!!

#NAMBANEEDSYOURVOTE

To all my NAMBA friends. Shortly there will be a rule change proposal coming out in the next few days that is very important for NAMBA.

Currently we are using paper voting ballots and there are some inherent shortcomings with this antiquated way of voting such as time get them mailed and received back, counting and transcription errors etc. There are also some inherent inequities that may allow a particular group to dominate the voting process.

As such I have put forward a proposal and District 20 has passed with only one nay, a proposal where all voting must be done online using the NAMBA Membership Portal. This removes the delays and potential for errors of the paper ballots. The data is secure and encrypted during the vote and results are immediately available after the close of voting. It also has some amazing new features such as the ability to post videos of the candidates talking about themselves and what they want to do as well as arguments for and against rule change proposals.

This new voting process will insure that the voting is accurate, fair and easy. For those who cannot vote online Al will assist you.

MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD. It is usually about 4% of the membership that decides who our elected officials are and even less for rule changes. You don't have to fill out a ballot and mail it. Just go online to the portal, click and vote. You will receive and email confirmation of your vote and you can change your vote right up the deadline!

Please contact me or Karl Loveless if you have any questions and we will be glad to answer them! Please help us get the word out and make sure everyone votes for this proposal!

PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE THIS POST SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT!

Than you!
    #nambaneedsyourvote

Go online and VOTE!
    http://member.namba.com/
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

2016-09-28 (8).jpg
    where do i go from here ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    2016-09-28 (8).jpg
    I have no idea... You'll have to ask the NAMBA officials.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    2016-09-28 (8).jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I have no idea... You'll have to ask the NAMBA officials.
    Here is what David just responded to me with:

voting is not open yet, next week and then they will see it. They will automatically get an email also that will give them a link that will take them directly to voting. Thx

Oops, got beat to it ; David S. (NAMBA IT Tech) says :

"Shortly NAMBA members will be asked to vote on a new RULE CHANGE PROPOSAL on the future of voting in NAMBA. The new rule would require that all voting be done online using the new MEMBERSHIP PORTAL and eliminating antiquated paper ballots which are subject to errors."
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I had a feeling it was something like that. I'll check back in a week or so

Im all for the online thing ,, beats me faxing it in LOL

NAMBA ONLINE VOTING is now OPEN...

You are voting online to determine whether you are going to be allowed to vote online....

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    NAMBA ONLINE VOTING is now OPEN...

You are voting online to determine whether you are going to be allowed to vote online....
    We've already been allowed to vote online previously in addition to mail-in ballots. The new proposition is essentially to make online voting the ONLY way to vote, eliminating mail-in ballots.

Now I had to go and steal a computer

DSC07658.JPG
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I just submitted my ballot.It was extremely easy and I imagine it will be much greener not to mention a big time saver.