Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: So you think you gotta a fast boat !

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    8,310

    Default

    Outrigger Hydros are the "F1 Cars" of boat racing. You adjust things with feeler gauges. You align things with machinist rulers. You measure angles to the tenths of a degree. Much more to them than just a fuse with boomed sponsons.

    That said... there are some kits out there that make the Heat Racing and Sport side of Riggers pretty easy to manage if you are willing to build. The new ML Boatworks and JAE Hydros comes to mind.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Anybody remember While E. Coyote super genius? The road runner always left him for dead with a burst of speed. Sometimes he just stood in the road in disbelief. "What the heck just happened here?"

    Joerg is the roadrunner. Everyone else that runs SAW are the coyote.
    Noisy person

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    8,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Anybody remember While E. Coyote super genius? The road runner always left him for dead with a burst of speed. Sometimes he just stood in the road in disbelief. "What the heck just happened here?"

    Joerg is the roadrunner. Everyone else that runs SAW are the coyote.
    Well... let's not get carried away here....
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    hahaha There so many zip zippers now I couldn't resist Darin.

    That top spot is un-achievable for most mere mortal.

    How's that N1 hydro coming along? hahaha
    Noisy person

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    8,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    That top spot is un-achievable for most mere mortal.

    How's that N1 hydro coming along? hahaha

    Different levels and type of challenges my friend. That's what keeps people interested.

    Top Spot? BIG power, BIG $$$. Neither a problem or challenge for some. Keeping it all together and on the water. There is the challenge there. We've known for years that the power was there.

    N1-Hydro? Well... NO power, regardless of how much $$$ you spend. Getting every last detail down to the nth degree perfect? That is the challenge there.

    OH, and it's coming along fine and ready to aim for 60mph in November. You going to show up??

    I promised Dan Proulx and Pat McDonald that get them some video of Pat's old M2-Hydro in action again...

    20160924_220607.jpg20160924_220645.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    You going to show up??
    Heck no. You know my NAMBA days are numbered.

    I am headed out to Flint this weekend though. Got some roundy rounds to play with. My son has a shot at bettering his own record. My runs will be just to see how far off I am. We'll see though. Sometimes the right tweak on a prop and you're suddenly real close.
    Noisy person

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    8,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Heck no. You know my NAMBA days are numbered.

    I am headed out to Flint this weekend though. Got some roundy rounds to play with. My son has a shot at bettering his own record. My runs will be just to see how far off I am. We'll see though. Sometimes the right tweak on a prop and you're suddenly real close.

    I see, using child labour again are ya. Steeve Reesor used to do that too.

    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •