Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So you think you gotta a fast boat !

Default So you think you gotta a fast boat !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3oTi-...ature=youtu.be
    Lehner motor, 288kph - 179mph on first pass
    I understand the boat has since achieved 185.393 mph in one direction.
    Last edited by martin; 09-24-2016 at 04:06 PM.

That's nothing, my SV-27 goes that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    That's nothing, my SV-27 goes that fast.
    I always thought the SV-27 was under rated.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I always thought the SV-27 was under rated.

Awesome!
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Joerg doing what he does best. Way to go!!!
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Schnell!

Nortavlag Bulc

The previous runs was just the warm up runs, this run is 185.576 mph - 298.656 kph.
    https://youtu.be/dm4iBEsPfko

Had to see video to believe! Hope we will eventually see set up pics up close. Congrats in order!
    Traxxas Spartan, RCBB Zonda-R, Promarine MTR, Proboat IMP 31 v3, PB UL-19, Bonzai FE 47 Skater

The rigger was running on 8s. Not bad.

Anyone have any other details on the setup?

They're obviously doing something or using special here.

It was that impressive to be there in person and watch it. Everything was calculated and triple checked before the boat was launched. Team JAG's waited till the water was near perfect and then pulled the trigger. What was most impressive was the acceleration. When it hooked up it looked like the speed instantly doubled.

Hats off to Joerg, Arne and Gunnar for pushing the limit right up to 300KPH. I have lots more pics, but need to sort and process them. Here is one shot of the boat with Arne and Gunnar before it was launched.

IMG_4131.jpg

Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Tyler, were you there?

What do you think they did different than anyone else?

And also, what kind of hull is that? I was thinking to get an H&M Dr Super Evil rigger but maybe there's better options for SAW riggers.

Tyler can you confirm or not that they used Gens Ace batteries, I had heard some where that's what they used. An out standing performance that must go down in history as one of the best achievements ever from a model boat.

The JAG's team designs and builds their own custom hulls, I saw some of them first in ~2000. In the past they used custom ESCs etc. It wasn't batteries which allowed this performance. It wasn't the motor. It was a systematic process taking many years of hard work and experience. Don't expect much useful, detailed info on the boat, setup, etc.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I have a Dr super Evil, it is definitely not a SAWs hull, it is designed for Naviga Hydro2 racing which is endurance racing with limited power (imagine P offshore on an oval course, but on 1p of battery) so it has a LOT of Aero lift to minimise the wetted area in the 55-60mph range, at 80 it would be a plane not a boat.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Insane!

NativePaul, or anyone else... What hull would you guys recommend to use for a SAW Rigger?

Few commercial riggers are suitable for really high SAW record speeds. AFAIK, all the current record-holding riggers are custom hulls, or modified semi-customs.

The JAE21 can achieve 90s on 4S but above that I doubt it without mods. It isn't power that is the limiting factor. And I doubt it would survive a crash at those speeds without major damage. As as far as GPS "zip-zip" running, 100+ is probably possible.

Cool

Wow, now that is way badass & a hell of an accomplishment

I totally agree with Fluid it's the very hard and long work involved with that project that deserved to the Jag's team this magnificent accomplisment.I've been playing with all sort of riggers for more than 20 years and only with the Fe ones I could be in the 100's club four years ago with my own design and top grade components.Looking to Tyler's pic I can see some french influences in that boat.
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Man, must of been naive for me to think it was easy to do 100mph even 115mph SAW passes with a Rigger since they're so light and fast almost out of the box.

No, it isn't easy to set high speed records. Joerg's 140 mph record stood for about a decade even though plenty tried to beat it - eventually by 3 mph. And that old record was done with old skool round cells! Too, it took several years to go from 110 to 120 mph with a P rigger.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Here is one shot of the boat with Arne and Gunnar before it was launched.

IMG_4131.jpg

Tyler
    Witching-Hour!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    Man, must of been naive for me to think it was easy to do 100mph even 115mph SAW passes with a Rigger since they're so light and fast almost out of the box.
    Show up at Legg Lake in South El Monte, CA, November 11th thru the 13th. You'll get a first hand view. You can then decide for yourself just how "easy" all this is. First hand experience can be enlightening.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Ancient alien explorers visited joerg and gave him a special alien prop. Also a detailed set of plans with all the correct geometries and buildup instructions. I heard there was a miniature nuclear reactor hidden in the battery pack

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    Ancient alien explorers visited joerg and gave him a special alien prop. Also a detailed set of plans with all the correct geometries and buildup instructions. I heard there was a miniature nuclear reactor hidden in the battery pack
    Yeah but at Legg Lake we have some "advantages" of our own :

Top Ten Reasons NAMBA SAWS give Faster Times.doc
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

This is awesome ---- 5. Partial vacuum device at course end-points to suck boats along.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

You cant buy a SAWs rigger that has a shot at a record, you have to design build and develop it yourself. As far as I know there has only ever been one for sale, which was the Graupner SX4000 an L2 rigger that is no longer for sale, and even if you found one it was designed for NiMh cells so wouldn't be optimum for LiPo, maybe L1 rigger with ballast, but still not ideal.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    When I first got into boating I always thought that a rigger was like cheating, easy to make go fast and a cat or mono would be more of a challenge. Yea. I was wrong. You have no room in a rigger so you have to get creative with power plant, esc and battery. Your limited on voltage because of space constraints. It has to be very light also or it won't float very well or handle well. It's a lot more to it than you think. I have a couple of them now and they are really fun and impressive to watch turn like it's on rails.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast