Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first construction, mystic 114

20170904_232626.jpg20170904_234131.jpg20170905_000318.jpg20170905_000346.jpg

Welding at flex ends. Lei that there are very different opinions regarding soldering the flex ... I like it more like this.
    I will try to waterproof this 7.2v BEC from HK, it looks robust and well designed.
    And I must learn to balance my propellers. I already have a protective mask for beryllium dust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good golfito. CF everywhere!!! Love it

Thank you very much srislash!!

The propellers were not balanced yet, but I had time to finally test the ship.

20180331_135058.jpg
    20180331_135758.jpg
    20180331_135812.jpg
    20180331_135723.jpg

I could not leave the accelerator pressed at the end, I have no experience and I did not know how the ship would react. I also think the water was not very calm because of the wind. First battery discharges:

Good first outing. Handled the chop well. You are right, it looked a little breezy. Keep the wind at the back when trying to go faster. Across the waves will get you into trouble. It will start to rock the hull back n forth. But it looks good.

I love it Golfito! Very nice build, you should be proud of that boat... Does it have an Opto Board in it?

Thanks to both!
    Srislash thanks for the tips.
    If you finish satisfied after the first battery discharge. Although it was not fast. The GPS only marked 93km / h, something of 57 miles / hour. Remember that it is a hull very overweight.
    Craig if you use the opto for the first time. But use the Ps2501 in this case. A plate with two independent Ps2501. I used the DUAL ESC function of the futaba receiver (not "Y" type connector). It works well. Everything was new and was tested that afternoon ...

Quote Originally Posted by golfito View Post
    Thanks to both!
    Srislash thanks for the tips.
    If you finish satisfied after the first battery discharge. Although it was not fast. The GPS only marked 93km / h, something of 57 miles / hour. Remember that it is a hull very overweight.
    Craig if you use the opto for the first time. But use the Ps2501 in this case. A plate with two independent Ps2501. I used the DUAL ESC function of the futaba receiver (not "Y" type connector). It works well. Everything was new and was tested that afternoon ...
    That would be a dual input, dual out board. My twin hydro uses a single in, dual out. Mine are also two ps2501 on the board. I haven’t ran the hydro, butuse a single in, single out, single ps2501 on all my single engine boats.

Am I seeing things, or is the flex shaft to collet angle way off?

Nice Hernan your project is great and I'm sure there is plenty of speed to take out of it. Are you in Buenos Aires and nice place to play with boats. Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    Nice Hernan your project is great and I'm sure there is plenty of speed to take out of it. Are you in Buenos Aires and nice place to play with boats. Gill

Thank you very much Gill. I was satisfied with the result. It is a boat with many defects and I will try to solve them little by little. New batteries, unbalanced propellers and first put into the water. Quite stenuado ... jajaj
    If I'm in Buenos Aires, and the lake of the video is the only one I've attended. I do not know many places to navigate. We are currently experiencing very cold weather, so I'll probably wait a couple of months to try again.
    Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    Am I seeing things, or is the flex shaft to collet angle way off?
    Excuse me, questions about the excessive curvature of the shaft? If so, if I could have avoided it and modify it.

Hi Hernan I asked you because in the late 70's we use to compete FSR monohulls here in Sao Paulo and I clearly remember that Juan Carlo Arroyo member of the LIMORA ( Liga de montonautica radiocontrolada) was a nice contact I had in Buenos Aires,we traded many e-mails but unfortunetely lost his contact...a very nice guy. Well our winter is also cold ( 6-8C) now and due to the winter holidays our activities will start in august.
    Cheers
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Hi Gill, I do not know Juan Carlos personally, if I have him on my FB contact list.
    He once invited me to know LIMORA very gently. I owe the visit.
    The world is small these days ... haha.
    I appreciate your contact.
    Regards!

I was browsinfg the web and figured out that limora is active and has an offshore class running ,here the link https://youtu.be/nqiKmgMGoG0
    Cheers
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123