Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A better country....

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    However the Attributes I saw in President elect Obama is that he ran a respectable campaign and won, He showed people that they have more in common, over what their minor differences are, and he inspired those who the torched will be passed to next
    Basically what you are saying here is that it's more important to give a good speech than it is to be qualified for the position... That's sad...

I would like a to see Asian governors also. Taxation without Representation is unconstitutional.
    Come to Washington sometime... we had an "Asian" governer for MANY years, or haven't you heard of Gary Loche?? What did we get for it??? WAY higher taxes... A school system in shambles, even though he ran as the "Education Governer"... And, oh ya... one more thing... "Diversity", which is nothing more than Liberal code for SPECIAL RIGHTS for MINORITIES... All the while, leaving the rest of us who are actually a PART of the "Melting Pot" to fight and work and struggle with our own talent, knowledge, and skills, so the government can take our money and give it to these special interest groups...

Taxation without representation... give me a break... If it's so unconstitutional, then WHY do you Dems want to do it so much??? They sure as heck don't represent me when they talk about taking my 401K and then taxing me 5%, for my own good, of course, to put into what amounts to an expansion of Social Security...

Why are you people SOOOOO HUNG UP on Race, Color, Religion, etc., as dividing points for this society??? WHY can't you all just play with the same rules and on a level playing field and compete like the rest of us??? This has become a country SOOOOO divided, and it's NOT because of people like me, who couldn't give a rip what color you are or what religous background you have, but would are more interested in your values, and your actions, and how you treat others, and in YOU as a person. I could give a rip about the "Diverstity" crap... All taking part in that does is DIVIDE us further.

I'll say it again young folks are leaving the twisted views of their parents behind ( you can take 10 children from 10 different backgrounds or nationalities and place them in a playground and they'll all play together with out any discrepancies as to who to play with or who looks like what, with in a few years of their parents indoctrination they'll start to focus more on what is not similar about them, from what they had in common.

You know... this again shows you are simply out of touch... Do you even have kids???

Have you HEARD how kids treat each other on the playgroud??? Do you REALIZE how the Mexican kids completely dislike the Black kids, simply because of the color of thier skin?? Haven't you been listening, just in the last couple of days, to how LIBERAL teachers and students are coming down on kids who happen to be more conservative and may have supported McCain???

I'm sorry, but you seem to have your head in the clouds, and from the looks of things around this nation, you aren't alone...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Giving to charities is easy if you've been robbing the state all along.
    Another product of listening to limited media.... This is a rediculous claim...

I dare you to use a term besides liberals. Who are you refering to? I'm not even sure if anyone knows what a liberal is and/or who they are.
    A Liberal is the opposite of a Conservative... These are general, readily accepted political terms, used by all forms of media... But you know that, and are just trying to pick a fight...

But in case you really don't know what it is, start your research here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    B

Why are you people SOOOOO HUNG UP on Race, Color, Religion, etc., as dividing points for this society??? WHY can't you all just play with the same rules and on a level playing field and compete like the rest of us??? This has become a country SOOOOO divided, and it's NOT because of people like me, who couldn't give a rip what color you are or what religous background you have, but would are more interested in your values, and your actions, and how you treat others, and in YOU as a person. I could give a rip about the "Diverstity" crap... All taking part in that does is DIVIDE us further.
    You know... this again shows you are simply out of touch... Do you even have kids???
    Darin your killing me bruh, seriously First off, Neo better yet old Cons are hung up on all the above, that was their, how does John McCain put it" My friends this is our Fundamental ideology" seriously darin, you really believe those children are pre indoctrination like I mentioned. People are not born racist, classist or sexist, they are taught so by an influential adult.l
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

People are not born racist, classist or sexist, they are taught so by an influential adult.l
    Again... do you HAVE kids??? If you don't, then you don't really know what you are talking about... If you do, then you can believe what you want to believe...

I have two kids, and when they first started encountering "race" as an issue, it was NOT from an "influential adult"... it was a natural, visceral reaction to someone being different from them... It was up to US as PARENTS (influential adults) to help them work through these NATURAL feelings and realize that we were all equal... Birthday parties around here are definately multi-culteral events now, thanks to this guidance...

"Inflential Adults" help kids to NOT be "racist", or to worry about the differences, instead, seeing the person...

"Diversity" Training, however, brings the differences to the forefront and asks us to "celebrate" them... further highlighting how we are NOT the same and NOT equal... Counterproductive, in my opinion... I'd prefer not to focus on the "differences"... That would be more "Fundamental"...

And, for the record... The McCain campaign NEVER brought race up as an issue... but Obama did time and time and time again, and now Spike Lee and the rest of them are carrying on with it...

2 girls, 14 and 15, I also respectfully disagree with you.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

I also respectfully disagree with you.
    GOD Bless AMERICA and all those who have fought, and died, to give you that right! (Even if I respectfully think you are wrong... but I'm willing to consider your viewpoint and change mine if I figure out that mine is wrong... )
    Last edited by Darin Jordan; 11-07-2008 at 12:43 PM.

......People are not born racist, classist or sexist, they are taught so by an influential adult.l
    Being from a country that has less of at least the racist part, I have to agree with this statement. I have two kids they get along with all the kids they meet, of course they have squalls... but over toys, and who gets to ride first on the slide... they really don't care about race, sex or FICO score... they just wanna play. At least that is my experience with my kids and as an ex-kid myself... well almost
    Something you guys have to realize is that we are all in the same boat, each and everyone of you is entitled to take a stand on what you think is right, just remember that your freedom ends where the next ones begins. We all have to paddle on the same direction, the style you do it doesn't really matter.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Darrin is giving a damn reading comprehension course, I've never wrote so much on a forum, but it's all good, all in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    ...Something you guys have to realize is that we are all in the same boat...
    Is this a tunnel? mono? (thinking I may be out on one of those riggers holding the pieces together, LMAO!)

You all are funny

So which country are we moving to again? Do I have to pay corporate taxes for doing business in the US?...........oh crap!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

... I've never wrote so much on a forum, but it's all good, all in love.

I get a little carried away sometimes... But I do think a healthy and spirited debate actually brings us all to a much greater level of understanding, both of the issues and of each other... even if we ultimately disagree...

Of course... I'm right and your wrong... but that's just a given!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RCprince
    ......People are not born racist, classist or sexist, they are taught so by an influential adult.l

Boy, is that ever the truth my dad was the CEO of an armoured car company in the UK. One day an employee ( union manager) approached him on a recent hire and stated I think this person is a catholic as I can smell them from a mile away and he will disrupt the harmony of other employees. My father replied he was hired on his merits not his religion. I worked for my dad at this time and I found a new respect for him with his handling of the matter.

Douggie

BS..racism is learned.....not a natural reaction to someone being "different"

Sweet buddha where do you people get these ideas
    Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofpf1 View Post
    BS..racism is learned.....not a natural reaction to someone being "different"

While I think generally "racism" or "hatred" are sustained and strengthened in the home and by sorroundings, there is plenty of evidence available that there are natural components to the equation that leave a definitive answer open for debate. There is a natural propensity to gravitate toward those more "like ourselves"... and to be "cautious" of those not...

Just a couple of quick examples of various discussions supporting different views:

http://www.aarpmagazine.org/people/A...ag-hatred.html

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1000913

http://www.theforumsite.com/forum/post/3080336

You can't just point to one part of it and think you are "right", you have to deal with the whole picture...

In our home, we have no "racism"... and yet, my kids discovered that there were differences and gravitated away from some of those, until we intervened and explained to them that they were focusing on the wrong things... They now see beyond the skin color or race and there is no issue...

But then, we live without a lot of external family influences that might otherwise introduce ideas into their heads that they didn't originally have, or to reinforce natural concerns before we, as caring parents, have a chance to discuss with them and help point them to look deeper...

Just my experience... Your milage may vary...

fail

I believe you have and are standing up for what you believe. Honestly you think 1675 members post on here? None the less what you said is worthless, you made statements, so did I, difference is you want me to shut up. I just want some moderation.
    I have not told one person to shut up or keep their opinion to themselves?

Why do some people feel the need to lie to get ahead??
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

Avanti needs psychological help, he has a lot of hate built up in side of him, for what reason only he knows. maybe he needs to place some mileage on that passport if he has one, go see the real world. hillsborough County, you can't even find it on a map in comparison to the rest of the world. Thank god we have boats in common, otherwise I'd die from starvation due to the cerebral deficit.
    Yes I do have a lot of hate, but color is not the issue with me, I hate people in general. :shrug:

I don't live in Hillsborough. I have traveled plenty, and when I get my debt taken care of (through MY own hard work, since it was myself that put me in debt) I will travel more.

Yeah boats are cool
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

Even instincts can be tamed, and we have the ability to think rational and act irrational.

Dog can't stop kissing cat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qlyqyWp2yk

Avanti, your boat knowledge is superb. Just cool the jets on the political forum. Also your avatar is not cool.
    Take care

Douggie

In our home, we have no "racism"... and yet, my kids discovered that there were differences and gravitated away from some of those, until we intervened and explained to them that they were focusing on the wrong things... They now see beyond the skin color or race and there is no issue...

But then, we live without a lot of external family influences that might otherwise introduce ideas into their heads that they didn't originally have, or to reinforce natural concerns before we, as caring parents, have a chance to discuss with them and help point them to look deeper...

Just my experience... Your mileage may vary...
    Darin, your kids may be older then mine, I have not seen my kids have that kinda reaction yet... it may still to come... and then I'd do the same thing you did.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    Darin, your kids may be older then mine, I have not seen my kids have that kinda reaction yet... it may still to come... and then I'd do the same thing you did.
    Mine are now 9 and 7... Unfortunately, we still have to remind them from time to time, since their schoolmates can send home undesired ideas now and then... So far, so good, however.

I look forward to the day when people stop focusing on the differences so much, and start focusing on how we are the same. Might be a long time coming, from the sounds of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Avanti, your boat knowledge is superb. Just cool the jets on the political forum. Also your avatar is not cool.
    Take care

Douggie
    I feel like Charlie Brown, whys everybody always picking on me

I already changed my avatar once, I will consider changing it again, but only because your a Scot (my father and grandmother were born in Edinburgh, I have a ton of family there).

Quote Originally Posted by Avanti27offshore View Post
    I feel like Charlie Brown, whys everybody always picking on me

I already changed my avatar once, I will consider changing it again, but only because your a Scot (my father and grandmother were born in Edinburgh, I have a ton of family there).
    Your new avatar is fantastic

Douggie

with policies that the Left proposes that simply WON'T WORK! .
    Sure they do. Just look at the inner city of any major city in the US. Their policies have been working great!!! Wellfare is now a way of life. Let continue the free handout for doing nothing. It's been working so well.
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

If Obama is so great then why do I always feel like I am getting a blank stare when I ask someone why is so great? It seems that the general answer is that they like what he stands for and do not have any reason for it. So far there has been no links that have shown what is so great about Obama. There have been plenty of links that have portrayed him in a negative way. He voted for all the tax increases and against the tax cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Your new avatar is fantastic

Douggie
    I thought you might like it

and dont give me some hippie traitor speak, by best friend is on a special ops mission right now in Iraq and I'd give my life for this country but even he knows he's just doing his job and not winning a damn thing
    OK, so now even Time (left) and Newsweek (not quite as left) are admitting that the buildup was good and effective. How come your buddy isn't winning anything? Are you referring to a lottery, or to the military successes that the Iraqi Army is having (with and without our help)?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Spot Me 2 View Post
    Sure they do. Just look at the inner city of any major city in the US. Their policies have been working great!!! Wellfare is now a way of life. Let continue the free handout for doing nothing. It's been working so well.
    I was a Bus Pastor for my church for the year prior to moving to IL. My route was in the "bad" parts of Bethlehem, PA. I had to deal with racism every day with these kids, and yes, it was taught to them by their parents. The Puerto Ricans and blacks hated each other - but some of them because best friends that year. There were 5-8 whites on the bus, and 40-50 of other backgrounds (yup, I was definitely a minority). Most of the kids' families were pro-Obama because "he's gonna deliver us" or "he's just like us" - because their teachers told them that. A few were anti-Obama because "he's just like us - my parents want somebody who grew up in a stable home, whose mother didn't have a bunch of lovers, who doesn't have to play black against white." But those were the kids whose parents, though imperfect (just like me!), wanted to hold a higher standard up for their kids.

Ex-president Clinton disgusts me. It's not fun to have to tell your kids what a b***-job is, or oral s**. I sure hope we aren't heading in that direction again, but I have a feeling it's going to be something along those lines, maybe worse. Maybe that's what The Muslim Messiah was saying when he was talking about being like JFK.

President Bush has his failings too (just like you and me) but at least he's not known around the world as a philanderer. He's a man that other countries respect, even if they dislike other things about him.

Remember who brought racism into the election. It wasn't a white guy!

Andy

Andy, you are illuminating as usual, but some of your comments in regards to Clinton are off the wall. We are all human...Mea Culpa
    I will always love your point of view...DISCOURSE

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    The Muslim Messiah

Andy
    Where would you like me to start at the crusaders, so I can impose on you the historical facts of Christianity and Islam they both are like democrats and Republicans... Selling people pipe dreams.
    Last edited by RCprince; 11-07-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: typo

Where would you like me to start at the crusaders, so I can impose on you the historical facts of and Christianity and Islam they both are like democrats and Republicans... Selling people pipe dreams.
    Wo wo Master Prince. History was my BA , The Crusaders were a bunch of idiots,

Douggie

As long as we are off on tangents.....did you know that ts estimated more people where slaughtered under the guise of Christianity during the crusades than all wars combined since............interesting facts are funi
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast