Thread: ML Boatworks RSX240 , The little brother to the RSX310, 24", 2s lipo- N FE Rigger!

Default ML Boatworks RSX240 , The little brother to the RSX310, 24", 2s lipo- N FE Rigger!

Finally finished the RSX240, 24" Outrigger kit. It is a little brother to the RSX310, 31" hull some of you may have seen posted here. I have to make the cowl plug and mold, but the kit is complete, and is usable without the cowling as it includes the wood hatches, but you will need a bump up to do so. I will post this on the website, but just know the cowling plug is not available just yet, but will be soon! The tub width is a comfy 3" wide, and internal frames have been moved around to properly fit the 2s lipo and motor. you can see in the pics below the shaded motor and lipo. It is depicting a 2s lipo and a 36x60mm can motor. So as you can see, plenty of room. The top deck sponson skins are 1/32" as well, and enough 1/32" ply is included to sheet the rear sponsons as well. I do not do a precut skin for the rear sponsons as 1/32" is so thin, you can glue it on, and use a razor blade to shape fit the edges with ease. I will not be building one of these any time soon as I don't have the time, but it is based on the 31" which runs wonderful, so there is no reason to say this will not. Should be a blast actually. Anyways, here are some plan pics, and a pic of the RSX240 vs. the RSX310. An RSX380, 38" 6s hull kit is also in the works. Enjoy! Mike Luszcz

24" vs 31"

Here is a pic of the RSX310 for comparison.

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Very nice Mike!
    Nortavlag Bulc

The framing for the RSX240 and RSX380 cowling plugs arrived. So now, I will be starting on them. The 240 is easy as I can cut down the RSX310 cowling pictured, but the RSX380 will need a larger cowling, so I will have to make one up from scratch.

-
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

A little more done on the plug.

I never thought I'd say it but Mike, stop making such cool kits, I'm broke! Lol!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray, there are so many more designs I am working on tho!!!

Noooooo ! Say it ain't so.

I better get back to my brake job...

Keep up the great work!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Lol

I finished making the RSX240 cowling mold today. This kit will be on the website this week! Mike

Cool!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Mold turned out perfect! Just need to trim, and polish! Mike

Mike, you may well be the only guy I know with more design ideas in your head than me. It can be exhausting.
    Noisy person

Oh, its never ending man! It is exhausting, but fun!

If my son says to me one more time "You know what we should do......." I just may have to stab him.

He's basically a good kid.......he'll be missed.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    If my son says to me one more time "You know what we should do......." I just may have to stab him.

He's basically a good kid.......he'll be missed.
    C'mon, let's start N2 back up, you know you waanaaa! Lol... At least that's what Ty is saying no?

Makes me want to do that N3 thing someone suggested.... more classes.... Oy Vey!
    Nortavlag Bulc

I'm the only person I know with N2 sized boats. I have a 27" JAE at the house. That sucker is fast too.
    Noisy person

First RSX240 cowling is out of the mold! The kit is now on the website, and stainless fins are available there for the kit too! Enjoy, Mike