Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ML Boatworks- XCat Catamaran design started. Looking for opinions!

Sounds good, Mike. Looking forward to it!
    Also, is your website down? Can't seem to get on....

Yeah, Todd should have the updates done today. Sorry man! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Mike,
    Are you still planning to do the 55" twin cat?
    I have got 2 MHZ electric bottoms all ready for this one.
    Gilbert

Man I need this 40" kit, looking very much forward to it. Any updates?
    TFL Zonda Leopard 4082 1600kv, ML Boatworks PX335 FE Castle-Neu 1515 2200kv
    VS1 FE Castle-Neu 1515 2200kv, CRC 70" Outerlimits Zenoah 30.5cc

I hope to get back on this by July. To many other projects have spawned and taken off, keeping me really busy. I will try guys, Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Hey Mike I have one almost built that I redesigned after some shocker plans I got almost ten years ago.
    It's in the build section. I'd be happy to share my design with you.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Im very interested in this I have almost all the parts to run the twin Mercs with and assortment of props & a motor upgrade on these Mercs for a Genesis, I just found the setback Jackplate's on OSE last week and got them before they sold out in a day or so
    Im going to run 4S and this design of yours would make a great competition boat for my kids to race against the Genesis

anyone have any suggestions as to running one motor counter clockwise, is it worth the effort and limiting myself in prop selection I dont see as many choices in counter clock wise props? my real boat runs twins but I have never built a model FE with twinsMINI0005.JPGgennytwins.jpg
    Last edited by MadProps; 12-28-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Looks like a sweet boat!
    WIN IT or SEND IT

Just checking in to see how this kit is coming along.

Hey, Not yet. Now that MHZ released the X cat outboards, I am going to be redoing the design to around 45-50" to handle two of those. More on that soon. Sorry for the delay, this one has just been far down the list, but definitely not forgotten!

Well this is an unfortunate update, seeing as the new 1/5 MHZ legs are $400/each WITHOUT MOTORS.

I wish they'd make some of this stuff in multiple scales because most of us don't want to spend $1500 in electronics for a toy boat.

I guess I'd still be interested in a 34" X-Cat hull that I could put a set of $100ish Legs on , but I'm out on a 40" boat that'll cost $2000 to build. Keep us posted if you decide to eventually miniaturize the design.

Thanks for all you do for our hobby!
    -Chad

The problem Chad, is the scale looking small outboards by TFL dont hold up. I am starting to hear a lot of chatter about the gears going bad due to the poor job TFL did on sealing water out. With that happening, not need to have another hull on the market that reliable outboards cannot be used. A 40" would work fine with flex cable outboards like a kb 3.5...where as a 34" version would not be big enough to handle them. It is what it is..if the outboard manufacturers would make outboards that were durable for boats that small, I would do it..but spending tons of time and money for no reason is just not good ya know!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123