Thread: Best batteries for my stock MC?

Default Best batteries for my stock MC?

I ran the grim racer 7.4v 5000 mah packs, I own 4, 2 of the packs got distorted after using them 3 times. What do you guys use or recommend I buy?

Sounds like you ran them down too low

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone – except God.”
    Billy Graham

Im new to electric, raced nitro and gas back in the day, how do I know when to bring it in? Gas seems so much easier. What packs do you recommend? Same ones?

Do you have a decent charger for your batteries? and is low voltage cut off set on the speed controller? What were the cells at on the packs in question? Like Jim said they probably got ran down too low

Run something in a higher C rating any battery I own is atleast a 50c. I like SMC and SPC batteries. I have a few 2s turnigy batteries for my hydro, theyre Ok.

What was the voltage when you brought the boat in?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone – except God.”
    Billy Graham

Welcome! I have the Lucas Oil and Motley Crew, love them both! I run both boats for fun(no racing) and set my phone timer for 4 minutes. This way I'm not killing batts and have packs that are 3-4 years old and still going strong. I run turnigy and revo packs and make sure they're stored at approx 3.85.