Thread: Vintage Wood Dumas Short Stuff Ghetto Build

Default Vintage Wood Dumas Short Stuff Ghetto Build

Hull NOT BUILT BY ME. I got it on ebay empty and un-rigged.
    Hacker B40 6S 7100kv (circa 1999)
    60amp ESC
    2S lipo
    X427 prop

This hull must have been built by a 12 year old and he must have used lead because its heavy. I did the absolute minimal restoration work to get it rigged. If I like how it handles, I'll strip it and do a full restoration. Its heavy so it should stay on the water with the Hacker screamer. Ill let you know next week...

Cool

Had one of those too. Like all Dumas hulls it was very heavy, and the 6 round cells with weak brushed motor it wasn't very fast. Mine had a ghetto steerable outdrive and fully submerged prop. Your surfacing setup and BL should give much better performance. The rocker in the hull didn't help speed or handling, I should have eliminated it when I built the hull...

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Had one of those too. Like all Dumas hulls it was very heavy, and the 6 round cells with weak brushed motor it wasn't very fast. Mine had a ghetto steerable outdrive and fully submerged prop. Your surfacing setup and BL should give much better performance. The rocker in the hull didn't help speed or handling, I should have eliminated it when I built the hull...

I actually looked it over before I set it up and didnt see a rocker. After you said that, I thought I had better actually take a straight edge to it. There's no real discernible rocker. The 12 year old that built it is either a genius or lucky :)