Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Winter Warmups

Awe that sucks Darin.

When you come to Michigan in June you can stay with me an Ty on site. No cost at all. Just git here. Food's cheap. No car rental needed. We'll pick you up.

Always work'n the angle.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    Ok folks final rule update on p limited motor rules.. we are going to let the size rule play out for this race.. but with a max kv of 2000.. we held our last club race today..I have been talking with Terry Davis.. and he agree to that.. so there ya go..looking fwd to February 17-19.. and some great racing and good times..if any hasn't signed up yet..(darin jordan)..�� Get them in.. I need to get tables and chairs ordered..
    Be sure to thank the gang on our behalf. We're heading in a different direction and would like to test so to speak but we also didn't want to kick over your clubs bucket of fun either. I don't think we'll see much difference in the setups at this stage anyway. We're still learning what's what.

Us roving racers will be looking for shelter and power too.

Mike, I said walkers not hookers. Oh.....wait......I see where your brain is at.
    Noisy person

They will close feb 3 at midnight

How sweet is that!? Tyler's mid winter break starts Feb 17th and he goes back to school the following Tuesday. He only misses one day of school.
    Noisy person

Yea Nina actually is off the 17th to the 20th so she wont miss any!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

no chit chat??????

We're just waiting for you to tell us how fast ur boats we;(����

This year is shaping up to be crazy competitive.. Newland out of retirement.. Pags and his daughter..terry and Tyler.. Ken Haines and his son..Jim Osborne.. yes.. Robert Holland..I want to take the time to thank each and everyone of you guys and gals that are coming this year.. means a lot.. my first year putting on the event..looking forward to seeing everyone.. and thanks to all that stepped up and helped with sponsorship..2 weeks is coming up fast

I'm really struggling to be ready for this event. Hope everything runs right.

Warm weather, good people, that's enough for me.
    Noisy person

We know u are a boat building genius terry.. u can do it

So many crumbs I keep finding undone. Frustrating as hell.

And what's up with the bushings in these TFL struts of late? So tight the shafts wont turn in them. That's frustrating too. ugh!
    Noisy person

Just run a drill bit through them for a minute or two terry with some light oil like 3 in 1 it will loosen it up and the oil will make it smooth, the aeromarine ones used to be like that too, but there's nothing like a speedmaster w/ the replaceable sleeve. I would be in the same "boat" (hahahaha) Terry, but fortunately for me I have Chris and Danny Fine close to me, so I was able to drop my problems off to them and at least I know they know what they're doing.
    Oh by the way Ray my *!***!***!***!** is dialed brother, so fast so crazy efficient, but unfortunately for you guys my daughter Nina will be running those boats!!!!!! My boats SUCK!!!!!

Ray
    What do I need to bring? I have any easy up and tables but what about electricity? Do I need to bring the easy up and tables?

Mark

Hey Ray Ray (or is it re re)??? My crew is 3 people, so we will be needing 3 tables, chairs, power, and sufficient shade. If you need to buy anything to accomodate us let me know I will be glad to pay for anything you might need. I also need to know what you will have there available at the site for drinking and eating? I will be with my daughter so i need to know if I have to grab my own cooler or not. Thanks and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!!!

Yeah, us too. We'll be in Thursday to stake a claim to space. If that makes any sense. If you need help with labor give us a shout.

Really looking forward to this one.
    Noisy person

Steve and my self will be driving down Wednesday. be there bright and early Thursday to check it out and get a better spot than Terry. LOL.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Have fun and take lots of pictures please! More of Ray's DF Pathfinder please. Gots to know all the details!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hey guys and gals.. just catching up.. if you are driving in please bring tables and chairs.. and easy up.. looks like we might have a chance for rain.. also if driving please bring generators if possible.. I will be renting tables and chairs for those of you flying in..lunches will be provided along with water and sodas..

Good luck fellas, and ladies!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Ya know what would be entertaining?

Put Randy and I in the retrieve boat. One will be saying "slow down, I can't pick them up that fast" while the other is saying "I can't, we're taking on water"

Any of you that have raced with either of us regularly will know why that's funny.
    Last edited by T.S.Davis; 02-15-2017 at 09:54 AM.
    Noisy person

Lol

also LOL :-)

Traveling today see ya all tomorrow.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    also LOL :-)

Traveling today see ya all tomorrow.
    Just make sure that you have some pants on at 2AM when you are out testing this time... :)
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Ya know what would be entertaining?

Put Randy and I in the retrieve boat. One will be saying "slow down, I can't pick them up that fast" while the other is saying "I can't, we're taking on water"

Any of you that have raced with either of us regularly will know why that's funny.
    Was that the '05 Nats where Randy was standing in the aluminum retrieve boat, moments before the F2 tornado hit? Dark clouds swirling, lighting strikes, winds picking up, folded/stacked pit tables starting to take flight. It was almost a religious experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Just make sure that you have some pants on at 2AM when you are out testing this time... :)
    Now that is a mental picture that I will never get out of my head.

All you guy's have fun this weekend.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Dave, that was 05. 3500 sqft of tent hanging on to their tethers for dear life.

Randy, my boats are in a crate at FedEx. They're probably taking on water as I type.
    Noisy person

Cool dudes I will enjoy seeing you all again.

Darrin that was a spring fling in the PNW and it was a fire drill at the hotel. I cared more about my boats than pants. I was running around in my jammies with favorit boats ni hand. Thwaits, and every one was there.

Gotto go see ya all soon.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    Cool dudes I will enjoy seeing you all again.

Darrin that was a spring fling in the PNW and it was a fire drill at the hotel. I cared more about my boats than pants. I was running around in my jammies with favorit boats ni hand. Thwaits, and every one was there.

Gotto go see ya all soon.
    Minden Nationals... P-Hydro testing... :)
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

When that storm came up in 05, Randy was so focused on finding a boat that I don't think he even noticed there was weather coming. We had to yell out to him. He got off the water just in time. The rain was so intense that the pond overflowed up onto the sidewalk. A tornado ripped the roof off the nearest Walmart.

It was good time. I think..............some of it I can't remember.
    Noisy person

Well guys and gals.. to say I'm excited and nervous is an understatement.. hopefully our weather forecast clears up.. looking fed to seeing everyone..I hope everyone enjoys themselves.. big shout out to all of our sponsors.. and everyone who has helped with putting this race on.. it's my first time actually organizing it.. mad props to those of you that do it on a regular basis.. we will be setting up drivers stand tomorrow and I think course also..if anyone wants to help.. be there around 1115.. thanks again.. see everyone soon

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast