Thread: supervee 27 52.5mph video

Question supervee 27 52.5mph video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3kdmOTlIF4 sorry not great quality my upload. What yall think? is there more for this little boat or should i stop pushing it..

I don't like SV27s, I haven't yet seen one that was stable in race water at speed, I haven' t had one myself so it could be a coincidence that they were all set up badly, but I have seen enough to think that very unlikely.

If you always run in that calm tree sheltered lake, on your own, and are happy tootling about waiting for your own wake to subside between bursts, then there is probably more to come. It looked like it got out of shape a couple of times on its own wash at the start, so for the type of running I like to do I would either prop down to slow it down a little or invest in a more capable hull.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Default Thanks for being honest but no I'd like to do new boat build

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    I don't like SV27s, I haven't yet seen one that was stable in race water at speed, I haven' t had one myself so it could be a coincidence that they were all set up badly, but I have seen enough to think that very unlikely.

If you always run in that calm tree sheltered lake, on your own, and are happy tootling about waiting for your own wake to subside between bursts, then there is probably more to come. It looked like it got out of shape a couple of times on its own wash at the start, so for the type of running I like to do I would either prop down to slow it down a little or invest in a more capable hull.
    I agree and yeh I mess around with boats,im more into Rc car speed runs but I'd like to have new boat.anouther good guy said try dela 26 but I'm not sure yet. What u think would get me 70mph stable..mine has prop walk it seems

Cool

Your biggest speed problem is the tiny pond you run on. Bigger water would let the boat air out and go fast enough to.....no longer be much fun.

The DeltaForce 26 is an awesome boat, if you want max speed in a small mono this is it. I saw one running solid, in the 70s, during a SAW event several years ago.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

native paul and fluid thanks for your help and input , now ill start doing something else and find new spot to run which only bad thing is I know a spot but its a lake so it isnt smooth but if i get boat dialed in then i should be good.

is there any other boats yall reccomend that would be great and isnt v hull style and more like cat?

Stryker F41 and R/C Boatworks R42 are great racing cats that will handle/turn well even at 70 mph. I own a F41 but it is configured w modified 29cc gas, can go 70 mph and turns like its on rails

I have owned and raced both the Stryker and the R-42 cats. The F-41 was slightly faster, but the R-42 is a better overall boat if the water is rough. I placed third in the 2013 Houston Worlds race running the R-42 against almost 30 gas cats and I wasn't even racing the first few heats, just getting the feel of the new boat. Either will work great, but require 8S or 10S to run decently. Good 4S cats include the Aeromarine SprintCat/Avenger 36 and the TFL Cheetah. Both run very well on 4S and 6S. I have raced both and really like them.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for