Thread: supervee 27 1600kv?

Question supervee 27 1600kv?

I have supervee 27 but i have the seaking 120amp esc and using dynamite 2000kv 6s motor but im wondering what leopard 1600kv 4082 would do? would it be slower then my current setup on 6s or would it be stronger? Ive seen quick spartans on 6s 4082 1600kv but thats bigger boat so im not sure if i should put leopard motor ive got sitting here with water jacket and all on it or not. what is your suggestions or thoughts on this matter

I have a Leopard 4082 in a 32" deep-v, In my opinion, that might be a bit much for the Supervee 27. I also don't think the 120 amp ESC is going to be enough to handle that 4082, I am going to be running a 180 amp ESC in my boat. There will most likely be more torque produced by that 4082 and can cause handling issues for you. Even a 3674 leopard may cause that hull to misbehave.

What's wrong with the 2000kv motor that is in there, just looking for more speed?
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

The SV can go faster the heavier it is, but it can't tolerate large diameter props very well. That would be the advantage of running the bigger Leopard, a larger more efficient prop being spun more slowly. While the extra weight may help, the larger prop required will not. Since you have the motor already you can try it, but I doubt you will be overly pleased with it, especially with that 120 amp ESC.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Are you running 6s packs in the Supervee currently? any pics or video would be helpful.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

https://youtu.be/5aauChgqeHk this is supervee 27 with dynamite 2000kv on 4s seaking 120amp esc and grim 42-55. Ive tried 6s but seem like it wasnt maybe 10mph faster so it seems that 42-55 has slow plane and if on 4s with traxxas 42x59mm prop it was faster but can use plastic prop on 6s it breaks everytime. So i do have and havent used yet since ive not balanced and sharpened yet a b-220 2blade diameter 1.72"x 2.6"pitch prather i think and the octura x440 but havent touched it and im not good at that stuff either. Thanks for help tamelesstgr and fluid

Lol i should of not bought a leopard motor but honestly was going to put into a rc truck on 8s for speedruns but since ive got brand new 4270 water jacket aluminum i figured it may help but then again what am i looking for considering everything seems slow too me. I think best on 4s ive done was 42mph or so on boat and 50mph on 6s

50 mph is about the max practical speed for the SV, any faster and it creates too much lift and is harder to control. If the OP wants high speed he should upgrade to a larger hull, or one more suited to high speed (like a DF 26).

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

the old aquacraft ul-1 is that good boat and would that be better or worse then mine getting faster?