Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 NAMBA FE Nationals Results and Pictures

Awesome,VERY NICE !!

Well after a great week of racing.. Meeting some great people.. And seriously the best run event I have ever attended.. National or club level.. Hats off the the puget sound guys.. Seriously.. You guys did it right.. I ended up with 7 national titles and few national heat racing records and high point champion.. I couldn't be happier.. Results are on puget sound fast electrics site and should be up in nambas site soon..for those of you that don't know district 19 is hosting the 2017 nationals and will be s combined gas nitro and fe..looking fed to seeing and racing with everyone sokn.. Also winter warmups in Scottsdale Arizona in feb.

wish I could have seen more of the event!! I only had Friday off..

Fe gas and nitro together? I will prob never attend another nats if thats the format, there is no way there will be enough FE classes to pique my interest and the biggest reason I don't run any gas or nitro is I can't stand the sound of gas and nitro engines going non stop for days. I raced 1/8 nitro cars for 15 years and almost went insane from the noise and smell!!! BUh bye Nats!!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

I think the classes will be separated and not mixed up. The electrics will have their set number of days without any noisy boats running in between.

Mark

Our club has run at combined fuel races for over a decade. Yeah, I don't care for the noise but earplugs help. Personally I enjoy my fellow racers more than I don't enjoy the sound. And strange as it may sound I tend to learn things from the gasses and nitro sniffers every time....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Awesome pics!! Great job Darin! My earplugs were in, I didn't hear Pags comment! Come on Mike!!! There's nothing like the smell of nitro in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    Fe gas and nitro together? I will prob never attend another nats if thats the format, there is no way there will be enough FE classes to pique my interest and the biggest reason I don't run any gas or nitro is I can't stand the sound of gas and nitro engines going non stop for days. I raced 1/8 nitro cars for 15 years and almost went insane from the noise and smell!!! BUh bye Nats!!!!!
    I will probably be in Vegas next fall due to representing Thunder Power and the fact that they are located in Vegas.
    My wife and family want to visit Vegas too so it kind of works for us next year.
    I do want to mention that otherwise I pretty much agree with my buddy Mike Pags. The noise is not really my thing and
    I much prefer the stand alone FE Nats. I think many of us are just drawn to Electric for reasons that not all of NAMBA
    really understands. I am not trying to create controversy, but needed to voice my preferences on this.

That being said, we really should not Hi-jack this Thread.
    Can some one move these comments to a new thread as to not disrespect
    the efforts and results of this years 2016 FE Nats.
    Really Really Wish I could have been there.
    Ken
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Default Congrats to All

Not sure that there has been much said or enough congratulations given to the many
    class Podiums and championships.
    I want to congratulate all of you for the results of your hard work and excellent driving.
    We really need to start with this years,
    2016 FE High Points National Champion.....Ray Presnall
    Great work Ray, I can't wait to race with you sometime.....darn those thieves....
    Let me also try to post the other class finishes here for all to view and get some well
    deserved praise for all who raced, attended and excelled in this our biggest event of the year.
    Congrats to All, Ken

P Limited OPC
    1st-Darin Jordan
    2nd-Jordan Enns
    3rd-Mike Kizak

P Catamaran
    1st-Darin Jordan
    2nd-Bill Whitlock
    3rd-Ray Presnall

P Hydro
    1st-Brian Buass
    2nd-Mike Kizak
    3rd-Scott Bickford

P Mono
    1st-Ray Presnall
    2nd-Duncan Blanchard
    3rd-Mike Kizak

Q Mono
    1st-Ray Presnall
    2nd-Darin Jordan
    3rd-Bill Whitlock

P Limited Mono
    1st-Ray Presnall
    2nd-Mike Kizak
    3rd-Jordan Enns

P Limited Catamaran
    1st-Ken Klontz
    2nd-Theron Wofford
    3rd-Ray Prensall

P Sport Hydro
    1st-Ray Presnall
    2nd-Jordan Enns
    3rd-Brian Buass

P Limited Offshore
    1st-Ray Presnall
    2nd-Mike Stancombe
    3rd-Scott Bickford

P Offshore
    1st-Bill Whitlock
    2nd-Ray Presnall
    3rd-Mike Kizak

Q Offshore
    1st-Ray Presnall
    2nd-Darin Jordan
    3rd-Mike Stancombe

N2 Mono
    1st-Darin Jordan
    2nd-Mike Kizak
    3rd-Bill Whitlock

P Limited Hydro
    1st-Brian Buass
    2nd-Mike Kizak Jr.
    3rd-Darin Jordan

P Limited Sport Hydro
    1st-Ray Presnall
    2nd-Mike Kizak
    3rd-Scott Bickford

N2 Sport Hydro
    1st-Tony Klontz
    2nd-Scott Bickford
    3rd-Bill Whitlock

8th Scale Combined
    1st-Rob Brackett
    2nd-David Newton
    3rd-Bob Brackett

10th Scale Classic
    1st-David Newton
    2nd-Mitch Dillard
    3rd-Kenneth Van Wyk

10th Scale Modern
    1st-David Newton
    2nd-Chuck Murray
    3rd-Kenneth Van Wyk
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Hey Gang... I JUST got back from a 10-day Vacation following the Nats, so I'm a little behind. I have more pics and info/stories to post. Give me a bit to get settled back in here at work and I'll try to get some more stuff posted.

Also, I understand that there was a gentleman taking THOUSANDS of high-quality boat pics from the event. He's supposedly putting together a CD with pictures on it. If that actually happens, I'll make sure some of those get posted as well.

I also want to thank Steven and OSE for their WONDERFUL support of this event. Not only of the event itself, but also for providing this page for us to chat on.

I don't think people realize just how IMPORTANT having THIS page is to RC Boating in general, and especially the racing community. Without it, think about what you would NOT know even existed!

THANKS, STEVEN!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

OK, another personal story, since the thread has been kind of quiet...

Q-Mono!

Not too many Q-Monos showed up, but the ones that did were solid. Especially that damned RAY!! :)

I ran my mildly updated Pro Boat Voracity 36 (Darin's Voracity Race Prep Thread ) and ran an M447 2-Blade. The boat was pretty fast with that setup, and I could run it pretty much wide-open for the entire cycle of the course.

Couldn't quite match Ray's speed, or driving, for that matter, but placed well enough to finish 2nd to Ray's clear 1st place!

Later in the week, on Offshore day, I did make a couple of adjustments that would have made a solid difference.

1) BIGGER TURN FINS! I pulled out the spares box and fond some random, much larger, turn fins that made all the difference on Offshore day. The boat, running the speeds that the M447 would provide, could be driving flat out through both left and right hand turns. Here are the make-shift fins I ended up using:

20160811_200755.jpg 20160811_200805.jpg

2) There is WAY more speed there, but my huge 160A Dynamite ESC I was running has a "safe mode" that it enters if you hit 180A, placing the ESC into an un-recoverable "limp-home" mode. I had a prop (X447/3 cut down to 46mm and pitched, cupped, etc.) for the boat that gave it TONS of speed, but kept hitting the amp limit, which caused me to have to complete the last couple laps in Offshore at very slow speeds. Lesson learned. Had I just ran the M447/3 on that I ran in Q-Mono, I'd have likely completed a LOT more laps and placed much higher in Q-Offshore.

Either way, the boat, for a RTR hull, was quite impressive on handling and speed, once I added the larger turn fins. Not sure how it'll hold up over time, but if you race clean and stay out of trouble, I seriously believe that this setup could be a solid podium contender every time! :)

Time for a bigger ESC!!

(NOTE: Yes... I'm missing a couple of ribbons here... I found them later packed away in my backpack... )
    20160809_143307.jpg

Q_MONO.jpg

Mike Haines so great to hear you have recovered most of ur stuff.. And thx for the kudos. It was a great week.. And yes it would've been fun to race you.. I always welcome more competition..

Now for a couple of updates...
    #1 nationals will %100 be a combined event.. What does that mean??
    Well as we are getting more and more into planning it's looking like we will run a couple classes per day of each. Nitro.. Fe.. And gas.. As we all know this is being squeezed into 7-8 days total.. So there is no way we will be able to run all classes of any fuel type.. That being said.. Of course the biggest classes in fe being the p limited classes.. So what it's looking like overall is 10 classes per fuel type.. As of yesterday talking.. Fe will prob be p lim mono.. Cat.. Sport hydro..rigger.and tunnel.. Prob p mono and p sport.. Which would leave a couple classes.. Maybe scsle.. Modern and vintage.. But we are open for suggestions.. Really want to run some bigger classes such as q.. But if you look back at past nats including this years.. Those classes aren't getting the participation..
    This is all gonna be new and a trial for nationals.. Nothing is set in stone yet.. And we are def up for suggestions.. Yes per namba 3 make a class.. But we want the biggest classes to be there.. If we can get 8 plus of bigger class interest.. We can talk about that..feel free to message me on here or at Rayzerdesigns@yahoo.com.. I know that some of you aren't completely going to be happy with the combined fuel types running same time.. Or the lack of every class. But it's the same for every fuel type and what we have for this year.. Just trying to make the best of what we have

And on the other note.. Winter warmups is in development stages now

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    And on the other note.. Winter warmups is in development stages now

NAtionals-- Best way to get interest in the bigger classes is to showcase them at a big event like this. I say Q-Mono and Q-Sport Hydro over the Scale classes.

Just one mans opinion.

Sure we can showcase.. But if only get 3-5 entries not really a showcase.. Would much rather have 10-20 scales over 3-5 q.. Would like every class to have 8-10 entries..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12