Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordfish 300

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    This isn't mine, but will you pay for shipping back?
    If the product is covered under warranty, the shipping cost from customer to us is paid by you, in return we will pay for the shipping cost for returning the repaired product to you.
    Pls note Oscar
    Thank you :)

I will see if I still have the emails.
    That would be so grateful Oscar
    Thank you in advance :)

Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Thank you for your concern, we are fixing it now, and we are going to release new exciting items for Hifei esc users.
    Thank you for supporting our products :)
    Hopefully you change up the sf300 some. Can I make some suggestions?

Increase the amp capacity a little. Say 350a nominal and 450 burst

Get rid of the double wires. Pain in the neck to wire up. Use a single 6ga for each side instead. Much better.

Get rid of the jumper hose for cooling. Very unreliable. Hook the cooling tubes together with a hard tubing at the end.

Power switch not needed.

Please epoxy coat it better. Many spots are missed that I notice upon inspection.

Please please update the firmware for smoother throttle operation. This would be a very big plus.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    Summer I can send the bad unit to you for sure .Gill
    Ok that's good. the return info as below Gill:
    Summer
    HIFEI Technology Co., Ltd.
    www.hifei.com
    China first one solar energy UAV,`MoZi`, equipped HiFei ESC.

Factory add: 5/F F Building, E Zone of Dawn Urban Industrial Park, GangAn 2 Street, CunTan, JiangBei,Chongqing,400025,China
    Cel: 86-18225009046
    Tel: 86-23-68621580, 68626070

Thanks Michlee will forward your message to my customer and will be looking forward to have this issue solved. Travis input is very helpfull for most of us and not a big problem for the hifei team.
    Thanks
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Thanks Michlee will forward your message to my customer and will be looking forward to have this issue solved. Travis input is very helpfull for most of us and not a big problem for the hifei team.
    Thanks
    Gill
    Thx Gill. Trying to help the swordfish escs evolve a little more. Even tho I'd had a few issues they are my go-to esc on most of my builds. I've never smoked one, just had one stop after a hard flip and a couple minor instances in customers boats likely due to the cooling line being kinked. I used to not check them but I do every time now. It's a little embarrassing when you have a setup tested and proven for you then repeat it in a boat for someone and the esc stops working. I'm glad hifei is a very receptive company and willing to acknowledge and correct these minor oversights. As long as the hose isn't pinched these are great escs. I own a few of them along with some 220's. I'm curious to see what they have in store for us. I can't wait!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

LOVE where this is going. I know this is asking alot but a smaller footprint would be nice too. I totally agree with the quality control. Ive had one out of three Hifei hv ESCs fail the first or second time out. Sad part is most of us write it off as par for the course and say nothing spending another $250 to get moving again. If the earlier requests can be met I see the Swordfish ESCs dominating the hv market.

Michlee, seeing there are a few picture examples of the cooling issue, what's going to be done about it? Why do u need them back if pictures have been provided?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Gill
    So nice,
    Thank you Gill :)

Michlee, seeing there are a few picture examples of the cooling issue, what's going to be done about it? Why do u need them back if pictures have been provided?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Hey Oscar, about cooling issue, we already showed pic in forum to our production manager, let him know what his workers have been done, and what's going to be done about this sort of issue.
    Customers are always first, we wanna make sure their issues get fixed. So we will change them new If we get esc like this.
    Wish you a nice evening :)

Could you pls send back to us?

HIFEI Technology Co., Ltd.
    Factory add: 5/F, F Building, E Zone of Dawn Urban Industrial Park, GangAn 2 Street CunTan Chongqing 400025
    Phone No: 86-18225009046

Summer
    Summer,

Thanks for the reply and I will ship out ASAP.

Which Carrier should I use to send back? US Postal, DHL, Fed Ex ?

I have few controllers that need service
    Do I need an RMS Number to return them all for repair?

Thank you,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by 427srule View Post
    Summer,

Thanks for the reply and I will ship out ASAP.

Which Carrier should I use to send back? US Postal, DHL, Fed Ex ?

I have few controllers that need service
    Do I need an RMS Number to return them all for repair?

Thank you,
    Michael
    About shipping DHL, FEDEX, service with tracking facilities are recommended. Also need Purchase receipt warranty form and an RMS Number to return them all for repair.Thank you

So Michlee, I have a pair of 300 Lites that are intended to power a pair of Lehrer's in my HPR these are new in box and needless to say I do not want any catastrophes with a $$ build like this. Should I just check them out myself or wait to see your changes and go from there? They are not likely to see use till next winter so no rush.

Shawn

Dear Oscar,
    Nice day.
    I would like to introduce myself briefly, I am the sales manager of Hifei. You can talk about issues with me, FW all emails to me between you and Jessie, my email address is sales1@hifei.com. We value your comments Oscar.
    Looking forward to hearing from you
    Thank you in advance!
    Best regards
    Summer
    Summer, the emails I had have been forwarded to sales1@hifei.com

Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    So Michlee, I have a pair of 300 Lites that are intended to power a pair of Lehrer's in my HPR these are new in box and needless to say I do not want any catastrophes with a $$ build like this. Should I just check them out myself or wait to see your changes and go from there? They are not likely to see use till next winter so no rush.

Shawn
    Hi Shawn,
    Could you pls tell me about lehrer motors you used?
    Thank you
    Summer

Hi Shawn,
    Could you pls tell me about lehrer motors you used?
    Thank you

Summer
    I have Lehner 2250/7's at 1690 Kv.

I should add that Lehners are 2pole motors Summer. And capable of pulling lots of amps. I am planning on starting on 6s but then stepping up to 7 and 8s.

Shawn
    Last edited by srislash; 10-31-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Seaking we know does make a quality unit but they don't offer anything high amp wise.
    I tried. They told me that they weren't interested in a higher amp unit and weren't interested in a higher amp HV unit either. I was racing those exclusively because they were pretty solid but with their choice for representation I had no plans to purchase more. Off my menu. Maybe now that they have Ray Presnell he can make them respectable again. Feather in their cap.

I have 4 Swordfish. None of them work. Hard for me to accept that I just don't know what I'm doing. Not my first rodeo.

The Raider works really well but same problem. Limited amps. Great for limited boats though.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I tried. They told me that they weren't interested in a higher amp unit and weren't interested in a higher amp HV unit either. I was racing those exclusively because they were pretty solid but with their choice for representation I had no plans to purchase more. Off my menu. Maybe now that they have Ray Presnell he can make them respectable again. Feather in their cap.

I have 4 Swordfish. None of them work. Hard for me to accept that I just don't know what I'm doing. Not my first rodeo.

The Raider works really well but same problem. Limited amps. Great for limited boats though.
    So Terry,

The swordfish light I saw you running at the CUP is toast?

Yep. Got 3 heats out of it. Got one from Todd in exchange for some work on one of his boats. That one runs about 50% throttle. The 240LV baked on the bench (might be a 220?). Never made it to the water to see how it would run. The 120 gives me 50% throttle too. I'm guessing on those percentages. The boats get on plane but speed is minimal. Maybe I should go back and put the timing on auto? Really frustrating.

Haines had one of these.

http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route...product_id=111

Low amperage again though. Not sure how they've run.
    Noisy person

Thumbs down

It is shocking to me that with all the problems with the Swordfih controllers that folks still buy them or that Steve still sells them. My club has had over a dozen of differeant amp capacities and all but one has failed either immediately of after a few runs. I have also witnessed a number fail on boats built by highly experienced racers.

How do these Swordfish engineers sleep at night?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Well I guess I'm glad I didn't buy a SF after cooking a t-180 earlier this year. Have they always had issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    Well I guess I'm glad I didn't buy a SF after cooking a t-180 earlier this year. Have they always had issues?
    The old 200's were stellar! 240's too! If you run across any but them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post

I'm kind of st a loss right now too. I can't in good conscience buy Hobbywing anything which pretty much leaves me MGM for anything pulling series amps. Great ESC but pricey.

My son is starting to pay for some of his own gear but who are we kidding. His only sponsor is the old man. Hahaha. So multiply my fleet cost by 2.
    Noisy person

Yep. Got 3 heats out of it. Got one from Todd in exchange for some work on one of his boats. That one runs about 50% throttle. The 240LV baked on the bench (might be a 220?). Never made it to the water to see how it would run. The 120 gives me 50% throttle too. I'm guessing on those percentages. The boats get on plane but speed is minimal. Maybe I should go back and put the timing on auto? Really frustrating.

Haines had one of these.

http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route...product_id=111

Low amperage again though. Not sure how they've run.

For some reason I've never had one run right unless it was on auto timing. They even run hotter unless on auto. Not sure why but I could never use timing set at any constant number.

Jay, I think the reason people buy them is because there's really no choice for an affordable high amp/voltage controller. MGM is more complicated (because you can customize it and some people would rather just buy it and get it over with) to buy and the price makes it out of budget for a lot of people. Alien isn't that popular because of the past issues that were had with the company who makes them. They are much better now than they used to be from what I've seen. But still, if swordfish doesn't want a bunch of unsatisfied customs then I think they will get on the ball and get these issues fixed. From what I've seen they have really good customer service but shipping an esc to china isn't easy or cheap.

The last 300 I ran was with a really hot D wind. I dropped the timing down to 2 degrees. That's the unit that barely planed out. We buttoned up our pond last Saturday so I'm not sure if I'll get back out before the water freezes. What was the result of running it with fixed timing? Just the heat issues or was there a power loss?

On the cost thing.......if I have (2) 300's, a 220, and a 120 I've spent $800 plus some shipping. If none of them work.....................how's my budget look'n? This was the argument we used (internally in our heads) to justify paying the money for Schulze back in the day. If it's bullet proof and never lets you down on race day it was worth every penny they charged.

I had only one Alien that I thought ran well. That was a 250 that would go 8s I think. That had a really odd start up though. I was never sure each time I plugged it in if it was going to run. No water proofing proved fatal. I even DP270'd that one.
    Noisy person

The last 300 I ran was with a really hot D wind. I dropped the timing down to 2 degrees. That's the unit that barely planed out. We buttoned up our pond last Saturday so I'm not sure if I'll get back out before the water freezes. What was the result of running it with fixed timing? Just the heat issues or was there a power loss?

On the cost thing.......if I have (2) 300's, a 220, and a 120 I've spent $800 plus some shipping. If none of them work.....................how's my budget look'n? This was the argument we used (internally in our heads) to justify paying the money for Schulze back in the day. If it's bullet proof and never lets you down on race day it was worth every penny they charged.

I had only one Alien that I thought ran well. That was a 250 that would go 8s I think. That had a really odd start up though. I was never sure each time I plugged it in if it was going to run. No water proofing proved fatal. I even DP270'd that one.
    Well your argument definitely makes sense. By the time you by two sf300's you could have bought a MGM (only thing nowadays that's higher quality that I know of) and saved yourself some time and money. But for some of us cheapasses $280 split up feels cheaper than $550 at once lol!

My first experience with a sf240 proved to be a slight ordeal. That's how I found out about the auto timing feature and realized that these escs just won't work (well for what I've experienced and in my stuff) on fixed timing. My Daytona went 39mph with fixed timing on it maiden. Changed that to auto and it went 60 something. I don't remember exactly but I made some strut changes too but the strut wasn't the big issue it was the esc. I think I wasn't getting full throttle either. Testing on the bench on very low voltage and pulling logs showed much lower Rpms with fixed timing and the heat in the motor would build up quickly.

I haven't used an alien yet but I was given one. My buddy had so much faith in them (went through 2 sf300 lites and was tired of spending money) that he bought me one. I epoxy coated and and planned on using in my Rivercat but ended up giving it back to him when his last sf300 went out. He flipped the boat and it just quit. No smoke. Just didn't work anymore. I had one do that to me in my shocker. The cooling hose wasn't linked but I flipped the boat pretty hard and the esc never came back on. I inspected both escs and did see anything disconnected or broken.

I baked one of the Alien 250's at about 65000 rpm. Don't think it was really intended for that. Chunks of FET everywhere on that one.

I have done some things with Seaking180's that shouldn't have worked. To say that I was pushing them doesn't quite cover it. haha But I can't buy those anymore.

Maybe it's time for all of us to accept that amps and inexpensive don't belong in a sentence together.
    Noisy person

I baked one of the Alien 250's at about 65000 rpm. Don't think it was really intended for that. Chunks of FET everywhere on that one.

I have done some things with Seaking180's that shouldn't have worked. To say that I was pushing them doesn't quite cover it. haha But I can't buy those anymore.

Maybe it's time for all of us to accept that amps and inexpensive don't belong in a sentence together.

You still haven't told me why you can't buy the seakings anymore.........

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    You still haven't told me why you can't buy the seakings anymore.........
    "Can't" isn't really the right word. "Won't" is better.

There's an extremely unsavory story that goes along with it but I won't buy products from companies that sponsor ONE particular racer. I don't campaign for others to follow suit. I just won't buy myself. Same problem with Promarine. I won't buy those either. I've never ever suggested a boycott as was claimed by one of their representatives but when asked "what should I get?" I don't recommend them. Not on my menu. I'm a nobody though so no harm to either.
    Noisy person

I have done some things with Seaking180's that shouldn't have worked. To say that I was pushing them doesn't quite cover it. haha
    Definitely guilty of this also Lol. Just hard to beat the price and reliability (unless over-amping it) of a t-180. Plus they're stupid easy to set up. Only issues Ive ever had with them is blowing up from pushing it to hard. Other than that I've never had a single hiccup out of one

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast