Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 158

Thread: Swordfish 300

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    54

    Default

    So Michele I have three escs over in you guys repair facility and was wondering when I would be getting those units back estimated?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    Definitely guilty of this also Lol. Just hard to beat the price and reliability (unless over-amping it) of a t-180. Plus they're stupid easy to set up. Only issues Ive ever had with them is blowing up from pushing it to hard. Other than that I've never had a single hiccup out of one
    me too ran a tp 4070 2050kv motor on a 180 no issue for about a year . way over kill for that esc
    Last edited by twonb1; 11-01-2016 at 04:11 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default To All Swordfish users

    Hi All Swordfish users,
    Thank you for supporting Hifei products first.

    We appriciate your comments, and above these I wanna share my thoughts: Hifei, as a professional ESC manufacturer, every ESC has been passed strict quality test. Well,good equipments, good compatibility among these equipments makes RC boat run good. As the application conditions of ESC are very different, complicated and harsh in reality. So every ESC ( Not just sword fish brand ) are more vunerable than motor or battery.

    In addition, we commit to warranty on every ESC and try the best to serve for customers, and we carefully check each returned ESC by customer and verify the possible reason for its problem, which are under warranty conditions.

    If any further issues, don'e hesitate to contact me.

    sales1@hifei.com


    Thank you all in advance.

    Best regards
    Summer
    Last edited by Michlee; 11-02-2016 at 02:41 AM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    la
    Posts
    8,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Hi All Swordfish users,
    Thank you for supporting Hifei products first.

    We appriciate your comments, and above these I wanna share my thoughts: Hifei, as a professional ESC manufacturer, every ESC has been passed strict quality test. Well,good equipments, good compatibility among these equipments makes RC boat run good. As the application conditions of ESC are very different, complicated and harsh in reality. So every ESC ( Not just sword fish brand ) are more vunerable than motor or battery.

    In addition, we commit to warranty on every ESC and try the best to serve for customers, and we carefully check each returned ESC by customer and verify the possible reason for its problem, which are under warranty conditions.

    If any further issues, don'e hesitate to contact me.

    sales1@hifei.com


    Thank you all in advance.

    Best regards
    Summer
    Very good response. I do hope that you are sincere when you say that things are improving and new things are coming. This is the one part of this hobby that has pretty much stalled while everything is moving ahead. Props are getting better. Batteries are getting better. Motors are getting better. But we are stuck with the same old technology speed controls. Heck from what I understand it's almost going backwards. Someone in the esc market needs to step forward and improve things and I assure you that you will sell tons more. Please feel free to contact myself, fluid, ts Davis or any of the other experienced boaters in this forum so we can give you some ideas and insight from a users stand point. I think that we could really help you in making a better controller. It's always better to give the customer what they want rather than to give them what you want or what they are just stick with choosing. I know I have lots of great but meaning ful ideas that ARE still cost effective for you and will keep you rolling in profits....which is what you need and we need for us to move forward. Thx for being so receptive to our complaints. It means a lot.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonb1 View Post
    me too ran a tp 4070 2050kv motor on a 180 no issue for about a year . way over kill for that esc
    Ya I run a 4060 tp 1750kv and it runs pretty warm especially during higher ambient/water temps.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonb1 View Post
    So Michele I have three escs over in you guys repair facility and was wondering when I would be getting those units back estimated?
    Could you send me email about your name, your three esc info and when you shipped back? My colleague who takes charge of repair department is out of office today.
    Thank you in advance.
    Best regards
    Summer

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Wow, nice to see someone on here listening, thanks for taking the time.

    I think a new esc capable of 350a would be fantastic.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    Wow, nice to see someone on here listening, thanks for taking the time.

    I think a new esc capable of 350a would be fantastic.
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

    We wanna know the Volts of 350a ESC you need?

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    I saw the swordfish 300 currently has 4s-15s capability. I think the same capability would be great so 4s-15s.

    I have run the escs up to 13s on several occasions, usually run 8s with lehner 2250, and 12s with lehner 3040. Both are pretty serious 100+ mph boats and the controllers have worked but I suspect a higher amp rating would help when running big props.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    la
    Posts
    8,722

    Default

    I'd really like to see a 300ish app esc that will go down to 2s or at least 3s. I have a boat that I want to put one in but I don't want to run 4s all the time. I like the option of being able to put 3s in it and go 75-80mph or 2s and go 60ish. Having to run 4s all the time makes it not fun because it's too fast to play with. Even propped way down it does 90+. Have 300amps worth of esc on 2s will also open the door to more possibilities.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Co
    Posts
    3,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Hi All Swordfish users,
    Thank you for supporting Hifei products first.

    We appriciate your comments, and above these I wanna share my thoughts: Hifei, as a professional ESC manufacturer, every ESC has been passed strict quality test. Well,good equipments, good compatibility among these equipments makes RC boat run good. As the application conditions of ESC are very different, complicated and harsh in reality. So every ESC ( Not just sword fish brand ) are more vunerable than motor or battery.

    In addition, we commit to warranty on every ESC and try the best to serve for customers, and we carefully check each returned ESC by customer and verify the possible reason for its problem, which are under warranty conditions.

    If any further issues, don'e hesitate to contact me.

    sales1@hifei.com


    Thank you all in advance.

    Best regards
    Summer
    I have a box full of SW 300 Light ESC that were ran one season if that. I came back the next year and the newest one that was bought some time in the summer 2015. Early this year (January) that ESC would not start. I had a conversation with you about the repair of these ESC. We talked back and forth from Feb 15th to March 29th. I asked you for a RMA number. this is your responce.

    Summer Xia <sales1@hifei.com>
    Feb 28

    to me
    Dear, thank you for your reply, I don't know more about after sale service stuff. However my colleague Jess take charge of this things, here is her email address: sales 2@hifei. com!
    I also will tell her contact you tomorrow
    Wish you a good time
    ------------------ Original ------------------
    From: "Randy Naylor"<randyatbby@gmail.com>
    Date: Sun, Feb 28, 2016 01:23 PM

    I never got a response from Jess. I did not send the ESC's becuse of no response from Jess. By this time Race Season was happening. Feeling a bit burned and no time to wait I bought two of the best ESC I could find from another company MGM. I got busy with work and racing hear we are at the end of the year they are out of warranty. Since this never got taken care of and basically I got screwed.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    sh
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Randy (michlee), this is what i have experiense too! lot of talk, but not any really help from hifei/swordfish, told to send it back but then told thay was my wrong because of bad colling. Not to happy whit the Swordfish! Will pay more money on a MGM or Shultze ( if i can find one) than buy one other swordfish.
    Just my -----

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,666

    Unhappy

    It is shocking to me that with all the problems with the Swordfish controllers that folks still buy them or that Steve still sells them.....How do these Swordfish engineers sleep at night?
    Good customer service is very easy for anyone to claim, but actually walking the walk appears to be much more difficult for some....


    .
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for


  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tg
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    I have a SF220 pro+ that lasted 10-12 runs and went dodo. On inspection the fets had all bulged. I would suspect that it was made with below par materials. Due to the number of posts and comments I will not buy another one unless they are proven to be solid esc's. I would not even bother going down the send it back road as so often guys are told it is user error - translation, we don't know why it failed so it must be your fault, we cannot blame our own bad manufacturing,design or QC processes.
    The same boat is running a T-180 v2 without problem since. That esc has been well used for several years now in other boats as well, and with a custom cooling plate on it. It has been dunked a couple of times and had to be dried out but still goes. With the current esc situation, marinising a castle or going all out on an MGM may well be the best option for further builds. Although if any T-180 v2 pop up for sale around here I will grab them. Fluid is right, it is real easy for people to make all sorts of promises, but living up to it is another thing. Maybe HiFei could buy the T-180v2 design and make those with quality, and a 250A HV version?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

    I do agree that It's always better to give the customer what they want rather than to give them what you want or

    what they are just stick with choosing.

    We've listened to your suggestions about our new design, and carefully considered your requirements.

    Increase the amp capacity a little. Say 350a nominal and 450 burst ( We will do this, not so hard to us to do )

    Get rid of the double wires. Pain in the neck to wire up. Use a single 6ga for each side instead. Much better. ( Yea ok)

    Get rid of the jumper hose for cooling. Very unreliable. Hook the cooling tubes together with a hard tubing at the end.

    ( Yea good one, prevent boat from water intrusion)


    Power switch not needed. ( We noticed that, water easy to leak in it )

    Please epoxy coat it better. Many spots are missed that I notice upon inspection.(sure)

    Please please update the firmware for smoother throttle operation. This would be a very big plus.

    (We are going to reform it this month)

    Thanks a million for your kindly suggestions. Any others comments, pls let me know.

    Best regards

    Summer
    Summer,

    This all sounds great and I hope it happens but we need one more thing, better cooling.
    Brass tubes running down each side of the 300 amp esc is not going to cut it.
    There has to be a cooling plate or block on the top and bottom. I personally add a cooling block for extra protection but I don't feel I should have to with a $300 controller.
    With a capacity of 350 amps and better cooling these controllers should never even get over 110 degrees.
    Build a better product and your sales will increase.....guaranteed!

    We are all here to Help!

    Michael

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    I have a box full of SW 300 Light ESC that were ran one season if that. I came back the next year and the newest one that was bought some time in the summer 2015. Early this year (January) that ESC would not start. I had a conversation with you about the repair of these ESC. We talked back and forth from Feb 15th to March 29th. I asked you for a RMA number. this is your responce.

    Summer Xia <sales1@hifei.com>
    Feb 28

    to me
    Dear, thank you for your reply, I don't know more about after sale service stuff. However my colleague Jess take charge of this things, here is her email address: sales 2@hifei. com!
    I also will tell her contact you tomorrow
    Wish you a good time
    ------------------ Original ------------------
    From: "Randy Naylor"<randyatbby@gmail.com>
    Date: Sun, Feb 28, 2016 01:23 PM

    I never got a response from Jess. I did not send the ESC's becuse of no response from Jess. By this time Race Season was happening. Feeling a bit burned and no time to wait I bought two of the best ESC I could find from another company MGM. I got busy with work and racing hear we are at the end of the year they are out of warranty. Since this never got taken care of and basically I got screwed.
    Sorry for such inconvenience Randy, we apologize.
    Would you minding sending back to us and verifying the possible reason for its problem?
    Thank you Randy
    Have a good one :)

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lars_01 View Post
    Randy (michlee), this is what i have experiense too! lot of talk, but not any really help from hifei/swordfish, told to send it back but then told thay was my wrong because of bad colling. Not to happy whit the Swordfish! Will pay more money on a MGM or Shultze ( if i can find one) than buy one other swordfish.
    Just my -----
    Sorry for such inconvenience.
    We will do our best to provide you satisfying esc for you in the near future, and better effective customs service for you
    Thanks for your comments.
    Best regards
    Summer.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Good customer service is very easy for anyone to claim, but actually walking the walk appears to be much more difficult for some....


    .
    Thank you for your kindly reminder.
    We will do our best for customers service
    Thank you again
    Best regards
    Summer

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Co
    Posts
    3,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Sorry for such inconvenience Randy, we apologize.
    Would you minding sending back to us and verifying the possible reason for its problem?
    Thank you Randy
    Have a good one :)
    I will send the whole box next week, I am off to the last Points race today. They will have a little note on each one telling what happen, some of these ESC are from my customers and two are mine.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 427srule View Post
    Summer,

    This all sounds great and I hope it happens but we need one more thing, better cooling.
    Brass tubes running down each side of the 300 amp esc is not going to cut it.
    There has to be a cooling plate or block on the top and bottom. I personally add a cooling block for extra protection but I don't feel I should have to with a $300 controller.
    With a capacity of 350 amps and better cooling these controllers should never even get over 110 degrees.
    Build a better product and your sales will increase.....guaranteed!

    We are all here to Help!

    Michael
    Thank you Michael.
    The 300A esc you have is lite version, right?
    Have a happy new week :)
    Best regards
    Summer

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    I will send the whole box next week, I am off to the last Points race today. They will have a little note on each one telling what happen, some of these ESC are from my customers and two are mine.
    Thank you Randy.
    Pls send us the tracking number after you ship back.
    Thanks again
    Have a nice new week.
    Best regards
    Summer

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I'd really like to see a 300ish app esc that will go down to 2s or at least 3s. I have a boat that I want to put one in but I don't want to run 4s all the time. I like the option of being able to put 3s in it and go 75-80mph or 2s and go 60ish. Having to run 4s all the time makes it not fun because it's too fast to play with. Even propped way down it does 90+. Have 300amps worth of esc on 2s will also open the door to more possibilities.
    I will deliver your requirment to our engineer, and get back to you then.
    Thank you.
    Have a nice new week :)
    Best regards
    Summer

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    I saw the swordfish 300 currently has 4s-15s capability. I think the same capability would be great so 4s-15s.

    I have run the escs up to 13s on several occasions, usually run 8s with lehner 2250, and 12s with lehner 3040. Both are pretty serious 100+ mph boats and the controllers have worked but I suspect a higher amp rating would help when running big props.
    Thank you for letting us know.
    Have a nice new week :)
    Best regards
    Summer

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Thank you Michael.
    The 300A esc you have is lite version, right?
    Have a happy new week :)
    Best regards
    Summer
    Summer,

    I have both, the boxed version and lite version.

    We just finished our last race of the season yesterday so
    I will box up the controllers and get them out to you this week.

    Thank you,
    Michael

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 427srule View Post
    Summer,

    I have both, the boxed version and lite version.

    We just finished our last race of the season yesterday so
    I will box up the controllers and get them out to you this week.

    Thank you,
    Michael
    Ok, thank you Michael!
    Could you pls send me the tracking number once you get?
    Last time you mentioned swordfish pro+ 300A lite esc you add cooling plate, about that we would like to let you know the heat dissipation of boat esc mainly depends on cooling tubes, it's ok that you add cooling plate, but the the effect is not very obviouson, cuz esc is painted by waterproof paint.
    Have a good one :)
    Best regards
    Summer

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 427srule View Post
    Summer,

    I have both, the boxed version and lite version.

    We just finished our last race of the season yesterday so
    I will box up the controllers and get them out to you this week.

    Thank you,
    Michael
    Btw, our skill team is working on new design to solve heat dissipation issue etc.
    Thank you Michael.
    Best regards
    Summer

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,895

    Default

    After 2 weeks of back and forth emails, I'm still at the same stance as I first posted. As stated in the first post, it was deamed user error and I was offered a replacement for $176 which I refused. I was asked in post #19 to forward my emails which I did. I got exactly what I expected. I was told "Yea I checked up again on the repair records, Michelle sent you one, after Steve got involved", which I didn't, to "this was about three year ago, you should have asked her for replacement in that time" (seriously? why would I waste my time with forwarding emails if this hadn't already been requested) to "the ending is that you refused to pay the repair fee in that time. So we didn't repair or replace new one for you." I was offered the original $176 for a replacement again, and asked not to tell anyone, but I'm going to spend my money elsewhere. So good luck to those sending in their controllers and buyer beware.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,666

    Cool

    Btw, our skill team is working on new design to solve heat dissipation issue etc....
    I cannot wait for this new, upgraded ESC.........so I can NOT buy it. Pathetic customer service, but lots of talk.




    .
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for


  29. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    la
    Posts
    8,722

    Default

    Dang. Sounds like the hifei team has really upset some customers.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I just melted down a swordfish 220a plus in a twin kbb45. From reading this thread Michlee the representative from Hifei is treating us like a bunch of morons.
    I will tell you what, you don't need to tell us to have a good day because we are not having one since your product crapped out and smoked out the boats.

    Have some respect and provide a real warranty and a decent product, otherwise keep flapping the BS and that way it's very clear your business is not worth our time.
    You don't need to communicate with the engineer, you need to communicate with the boss that the product is unreliable.

    Please don't respond if all you have to say is have a good day or thank you for the information (have some respect that we are not morons like yourself)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •