Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 151 to 158 of 158

Thread: Swordfish 300

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Thanks. Pretty sure I have had that happen with it set there. But it has never happened with it set very low like, 2.5v. I need more time on the water with it to be sure however. Anyway it usually happens immediately after starting a run so there is never any data logged which sucks. The normal runs there is never any sign of low voltage, not even close actually. Do you think the logger is fast enough to register the super short spikes? I am hoping the LVC is just more sensitive on mine.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Summer,
    The first picture Oscar posted of the 300 plus was mine. The 300 I purchased after the one in original picture that started this thread exploded this weekend. It had seemed to have sufficient flow and made one full race weekend. Well it only finished two heats and is now a burned up mess. No data (evidence) left to collect. You may want to keep looking into your quality program.

    Charles

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cq
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Learner View Post
    Summer,
    The first picture Oscar posted of the 300 plus was mine. The 300 I purchased after the one in original picture that started this thread exploded this weekend. It had seemed to have sufficient flow and made one full race weekend. Well it only finished two heats and is now a burned up mess. No data (evidence) left to collect. You may want to keep looking into your quality program.

    Charles
    Hi Charles,
    Sorry for the late response.
    Pls kindly send it back to us to repair.
    Shipping info: HIFEI Technology Co., Ltd.
    Factory add: 5/F F Building, E Zone of Dawn Urban Industrial Park, GangAn 2 Street, CunTan, JiangBei,Chongqing,400025,China
    Cel: 86-18225009046
    Pls always kindly use services in which having a tracking facility to ship the defective product to us, such as DHL FEDEX UPS OR REGISTERED MAIL SERVICE WITH TRACKING FACILITY are recommended, as soon as you have shipped the products back to us, pls mail us with the tracking number details, so we can follow the delivery.
    Have a good one.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Hi Charles,
    Sorry for the late response.
    Pls kindly send it back to us to repair.
    Shipping info: HIFEI Technology Co., Ltd.
    Factory add: 5/F F Building, E Zone of Dawn Urban Industrial Park, GangAn 2 Street, CunTan, JiangBei,Chongqing,400025,China
    Cel: 86-18225009046
    Pls always kindly use services in which having a tracking facility to ship the defective product to us, such as DHL FEDEX UPS OR REGISTERED MAIL SERVICE WITH TRACKING FACILITY are recommended, as soon as you have shipped the products back to us, pls mail us with the tracking number details, so we can follow the delivery.
    Have a good one.
    Michelle thanks for the input, if the customers purchased the items from Offshore Electrics, it will be a bit longer wait, but much less expensive if they ship them to OffshoreElectrics.
    Shipping is free within the warranty period for our customers.

    If out of the warranty period or the esc was purchased elsewhere we can still send them, but we will charge for the service, but still less than sending it by DHL.

    Anthony Vaccaro
    OSE

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    226

    Default

    I stumbled onto this thread and found it very useful to acknowledge perhaps a design flaw in the cooling lines but what's the verdict? The thread was started back in Aug and a number of you were asked to ship in your failed ESC back in Nov/Dec. Were they replaced and/or repaired? Has Swordfish implemented any improvements to their ESC as they said they would do?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ct
    Posts
    778

    Default

    sad to say, but I'll bet that their sales are up because of people replacing faulty units. everything is about sales, whatever it takes. dont you think they could have fixed that kinked water line when it was being built? pretty sad, huh? I have a 300 lite that I replaced the water line on even though it wasn't kinked. even so, not too hopeful on my shake down run this weekend. even if this unit succeeds, this will be the last one I buy. no confidence in them and angry to see how many people had failures. jmo

  7. #157
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Despite hundreds of thousands of complaints to Ford, Toyota, Pontiac etc.. They still rolled out cars with the same defects. .. .
    Lucky for us only a few inbound batches of these hit the Market before the faults were reported and fixed.
    Time to move on.
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    8,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    sad to say, but I'll bet that their sales are up because of people replacing faulty units. everything is about sales, whatever it takes. dont you think they could have fixed that kinked water line when it was being built? pretty sad, huh? I have a 300 lite that I replaced the water line on even though it wasn't kinked. even so, not too hopeful on my shake down run this weekend. even if this unit succeeds, this will be the last one I buy. no confidence in them and angry to see how many people had failures. jmo
    Sorry John but that's about as crazy a thing as I have ever heard in reference to buying a product. Lets outline this. There was a problem with a select few. The problem was addressed. And now you believe that sales would be up because people will have a failure and buy another one? Why would anyone do that?

    Let me explain you why people still buy Hifei controls from us, first they are great esc's, secondly and probably more important than the first (IMO) is that they stand behind their product when their is an issue. Ive said this before in other places, buying a product is just as much about how a person is treated after the sale. Hifei does a great job of helping to resolve customer issues. If they didnt, I wouldn't be selling the product. Offshore Electrics will only sell items that are quality and backed up by a manufacturer that's willing to stand up for the products they manufacture.

    If someone has an issue with Hifei, Im pretty easily reached. Send me a pm or email and I would gladly help out.
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •