Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordfish 300

Default Swordfish 300

Wonder how this got by quality control. This is a friends and it's brand new, he luckily tested the cooling before using it. IF he had used it and it burned up, how would you have been able to determine the fault? I had one of these enclosed ones that burned up on me and it was determined user error because there was a mark on the outside that "could've" grounded.. There's no way this should've been closed up and sold.

IMG_20160809_180115310_HDR[1].jpg

No doubt, I know there has been the odd 'Lite' version with the same issue. WOW!

That is insane that is why I am not a big fan of them.

Cool

Wonder how this got by quality control....
    What quality control?

I'm glad you posted this Oscar, I was about to when I saw your thread. The sad truth is that reliable, high voltage ESCs are rare as hen's teeth. I have a couple old Schulze 40-160s in my 10S boats, don't know what I'd use if I didn't have them...

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

What chaps me is I had one that burned up and it was deemed my fault. Even though I sent in files from it from the previous runs to show I didn't do anything wrong. I've burned up my share of esc's which I"ll admit to when it's my fault. But this one I didn't believe was. This was there reasoning:

Hello Oscar,

The attached are pictures of your 300A ESC when removed the sealant glue. Many MOSFETs were split from the circuit board, which is rare situation but only happen when there is over 200 centigrade. We think there happened short circuit because the battery cables exposure touched the case and caused very high current shortly.

Couldn't the short circuit happen AFTER the esc overheated and the wires started coming off??? Once the one I have quits, I'm done with them.

I have had 100% of my smaller Swordfish ESC's blow in the first run of the boat.

I have a 220 pro plus that has bulged all it's fets and is dodo after less than 12 runs. I put a T-180 v2 in the boat and it doesn't miss a beat, even though it has had 3-4 years use. I don't think much of the SF esc's in comparison. I guess there are good ones though.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

esc.jpg

Here is a 300 amp Lite Version
    I wanted to change the tubing so I cut the shrink off and look what I found

They are killing them selves by doing stupid stuff...smh

Yesterday we had another burnt with this esc due to a water leaking....I agree that they do stupid things like this junky water line so I'm happy to had figured out this problem when I received my unit....Here a quick mode that will save some bucks..at least mine is working good after one year now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

I almost bought one of these as a back up ESC for when I want to beef up my zOnda.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Keagan I would say that this is a good esc once you make this mod.
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    Yesterday we had another burnt with this esc due to a water leaking....I agree that they do stupid things like this junky water line so I'm happy to had figured out this problem when I received my unit....Here a quick mode that will save some bucks..at least mine is working good after one year now.
    I really wish there was a cooling plate on the top and bottom and not just tubing running down each side.
    I've added a cooling block which has helped tremendously but why do I have to modify an almost $300 controller?
    When it's 100 degree's these controllers get hot and it's only a matter of time before they fail.

On a another note, anybody have luck getting an RMA number from the Sales2@hifei.com email ?
    I sent an email May 1st and August 28th and haven't received a response.

Thanks,
    Mike

I cut the shrinknoff of every one. I've found issues on half of them I've checked. Here's a pic of one I happened to take. Another didn't have a zip tie on one side of the cooling tube. What? If that popped off that could sink the boat.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    What chaps me is I had one that burned up and it was deemed my fault. Even though I sent in files from it from the previous runs to show I didn't do anything wrong. I've burned up my share of esc's which I"ll admit to when it's my fault. But this one I didn't believe was. This was there reasoning:

Hello Oscar,

The attached are pictures of your 300A ESC when removed the sealant glue. Many MOSFETs were split from the circuit board, which is rare situation but only happen when there is over 200 centigrade. We think there happened short circuit because the battery cables exposure touched the case and caused very high current shortly.

Couldn't the short circuit happen AFTER the esc overheated and the wires started coming off??? Once the one I have quits, I'm done with them.

What other choice do you have for a high amp esc? Wonder if we could get Steven involved and he could have someone make a quality esc. Seaking we know does make a quality unit but they don't offer anything high amp wise. I know that they "will" make specialized escs for you if you have enough $$$, case in point, proboat dynamite escs are made by them and they have thermal cutting which is a nice feature. I think a 250-280 or even 300 amp Seaking would be the shiznit. If I had the cheese I'd persuade them to make one. I really think there is a market for it at $300 because the sf300 sells like hot cakes and look at the lack of quality control that they have. I haven't seen anything negative with Seaking escs yet.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Spend some coin and go MGM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    What other choice do you have for a high amp esc? Wonder if we could get Steven involved and he could have someone make a quality esc. Seaking we know does make a quality unit but they don't offer anything high amp wise. I know that they "will" make specialized escs for you if you have enough $$$, case in point, proboat dynamite escs are made by them and they have thermal cutting which is a nice feature. I think a 250-280 or even 300 amp Seaking would be the shiznit. If I had the cheese I'd persuade them to make one. I really think there is a market for it at $300 because the sf300 sells like hot cakes and look at the lack of quality control that they have. I haven't seen anything negative with Seaking escs yet.
    I know there's been mixed results, but I've been using an Alien 300 amp 3-12S Boat ESC HV in my T cat and it's worked flawlessly. It's even been submerged and still going. It's not touted as waterproof, but it's sealed and has coolers on both sides. I do have a 350 amp esc that didn't fare quite as well, but it was warrantied and the replacement hasn't been used yet.

20161018_191854.jpg20161018_191904.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    Spend some coin and go MGM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or Schulze IF you can find them..
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Dear Oscar,
    Nice day.
    I would like to introduce myself briefly, I am the sales manager of Hifei. You can talk about issues with me, FW all emails to me between you and Jessie, my email address is sales1@hifei.com. We value your comments Oscar.
    Looking forward to hearing from you
    Thank you in advance!
    Best regards
    Summer

Hello,
    Did you send it back to us?
    Could you pls FW emails to me between you and Jessie?
    My email address: sales1@hifei.com
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Thank you in advance :)
    Best regards
    Summer

I cut the shrinknoff of every one. I've found issues on half of them I've checked. Here's a pic of one I happened to take. Another didn't have a zip tie on one side of the cooling tube. What? If that popped off that could sink the boat.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 26" Shockwave v3 (64.5mph) KBB34 mono (91.2mph) shocker single 99.9mph, proboat zelos twin stock 76.3mph, 27" 4s cat 92mph

Could you pls send back to us?

HIFEI Technology Co., Ltd.
    Factory add: 5/F, F Building, E Zone of Dawn Urban Industrial Park, GangAn 2 Street CunTan Chongqing 400025
    Phone No: 86-18225009046

Summer

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post

Factory add: 5/F, F Building, E Zone of Dawn Urban Industrial Park, GangAn 2 Street CunTan Chongqing 400025

Summer

Quote Originally Posted by 427srule View Post
    esc.jpg

Here is a 300 amp Lite Version
    I wanted to change the tubing so I cut the shrink off and look what I found

Summer

Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Dear Oscar,
    Nice day.
    I would like to introduce myself briefly, I am the sales manager of Hifei. You can talk about issues with me, FW all emails to me between you and Jessie, my email address is sales1@hifei.com. We value your comments Oscar.
    Looking forward to hearing from you
    Thank you in advance!
    Best regards
    Summer
    I will see if I still have the emails.

Summer
    This isn't mine, but will you pay for shipping back?

Summer
    I just ended up correcting the hose issue and using it. I do have a few failed ones that may have been caused by this issue that I didn't check. If you want those I can send those to you. It would be nice to have them replaced but I just figured they were a loss even tho it wasn't my fault as I replaced them with new "checked" units and they haven't failed yet.

Hope those affected gets this sorted out!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Summer I can send the bad unit to you for sure .Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    Summer I can send the bad unit to you for sure .Gill
    Ok, thank you. I will check it with our repairdepartment, get back to you later :)

Last edited by Michlee; 12-01-2016 at 01:36 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast