Thread: 2016 FE Nats - update ? ? ?

Default 2016 FE Nats - update ? ? ?

Is there a site for news, updates, or vids ? Just curious.

Don't be shocked if we get no updates until they're done.

What usually happens at these is the guys running the show go home each night completely baked and are hugg'n pillows asap. It's kinda like being on weekend binder in Vegas. You're not sure what day it is, you're dehydrated, and you can't find your pants.
    Noisy person

Vegas or 16 Nats - Hmmm ?

look on facebook some pics and videos are there

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1459...60589/?fref=nf
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Thanks for the link to the thread Jim. I'm very happy to see Dinogy took 3 first place wins and a 3rd.

Mark

Thanks Jim !!! Looks like a lot of fun to be had! Can"t wait for more vids!

End of Day 2. Offshore tomorrow.

P-LTD at it's finest. ...

20160810_143206.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

That was just the pile that was easily collectible. There were more already in trash cans.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Nice pile o fuses.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Yet another reason that Limited is no longer a "cheap" beginner's class. Not only do you have to keep replacing motors, but you DNF the heat when the motor goes boom.....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Wow you guy's must not be using Dave Newlands hold your thumb on the auqucraft motor tuning guide. Ever since I have started using this I have not burned one up.
    I try and avoid paste eaters.

I will try and post results tomorrow if I remember.. After 3 days of running 3 classes will be nice to only run 1.. I will say this.. It has been without s doubt the best run event I have been to.. Tech included..the results I do know for me are wins in p sport hydro.. P mono.. Q mono..p limited mono..p limited offshore..q offshore..I will get results tomorrow posted

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Yet another reason that Limited is no longer a "cheap" beginner's class. Not only do you have to keep replacing motors, but you DNF the heat when the motor goes boom.....

Then prop down and finish heats.

People need to stop pushing them beyond what they were designed for, plain and simple.
    No matter what motor you decide to "spec", people will continue to abuse them untill the die...its human nature, and then its always the motors (manufactuers) fault.

They were designed to push a UL1 to about 40mph so yeah every race boat on the water is pushing them way beyond their intended design point.

Yes, guys are going to push any motor until it bursts.

Right now if you don't like the 2030 quality or it's inconsistent from one to the next you can.............go the store and buy the same one again. Cross your fingers that it's not just like the last one, or the first one, or the one from mid may, or the one on that pallet from the fall. But the ones from August were stellar. Take care of that one.

If I buy a Turnigy 36mmx60mm or so and the quality sucks or they are inconsistent from motor to motor I can choose not to buy more of them. I can buy a TP or a Leopard or or an SSS or what ever fits the dims.

This potential change isn't just about the quality though. It's about availability and the fact that we are still catering to one or two manufacturers. We got it wrong. It's held up for a while but we got it wrong. Should have been dims from the start. I got it wrong.

Plus, the RTR's are evolving and even vanishing. Brand new boats are showing up but not with motors from our beloved motor list so......no place to race unless the brand new guy changes his boat.

New guy shows up and wants to get into racing. He has basically three legal options. UL1, Lucas, or a Revolt. I don't think PB has a boat with a legal motor at this very moment.

"But I just bought this slick Pursuit from Hobbyking. Look it's beautiful."
    "Oh well their motor is illegal. Rip the motor out and put this cheaper POS in it and it will be legal."
    "mmmmmmkay. Think I'll just play with my boat the way it is."
    Noisy person

Ambient temp was about 100f and motors go pop from overheating. I'm sure water temp was quite high too.

In the north we can get away with certain setups but in those temps, a 442 might cause issues on a gold 2030.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Ambient temp was about 100f and motors go pop from overheating. I'm sure water temp was quite high too.

In the north we can get away with certain setups but in those temps, a 442 might cause issues on a gold 2030.
    Not this summer!

Every race needs a "run what ya brung" class. No-one turned away.

Water temps aren't the only thing.. Water temps here at nats are right around 68-70.. But I can't run the props I run in 110 degree heat in az

More updates from today.. Brian Buass wins p limited hydro.. I won p limited sport hydro..and I forgot who won n2 sport hydro

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Every race needs a "run what ya brung" class. No-one turned away.
    Clubs can do that all they want. This is a National Championship race week. NAMBA classes. Not really the venue for "Show up with your RTR and try it out. "
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Would be entertaining though...kinda like a exhibition class...give all the seasoned racers a heat to catch their breath!
    Last edited by Doby; 08-13-2016 at 01:05 AM.

I have had my UL1 motor in my "P" Spec Sport Hydro for 3 years with NO problems.
    My "P" Spec Mono (DYMN3835) that I also run in "P" Spec Offshore had the same motor in it that I ran at the MI. Cup, at the
    CAN AM (IMPBA) race here in Canada we ran 4 rounds, going into the 4th. round I was in 1st. place in both classes.
    In the first heat of the 4th. round, I picket up fishing line around my prop shaft and burned up my motor, seeing that I only had one heat in-between Offshore and Mono I did not have time to change the motor and had to scratch in the Mono class.
    I ended up second in both classes when I had a good chance at getting two more 1st. places.

So even when you know that your setups are good to go things happen.

THE MOTOT IS THE FUSE

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Results were posted every day on the event website, which has been posted many times over the past year.
    http://namba2016fenats.com/
    There is a link on the NAMBA site. Video and pictures were posted almost every night on Puget Sound Fast Electrics facebook page. I had to work Thursday, and no one took video that day. I had to stay at the event site lastnight and tear down the mile of fencing and driver/official stand, pack 2 boats, a gator and all the other gear a day early and only a few people stayed and helped. Shout out to them! I will start uploading video from the final day, all scale boats, shortly.

Thank You

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

What happened to Sat. race results of 1/10th/ 1/8th scale classes? Don't they matter?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, due to a slight difficulty, we had to break the site down a day early. The same folks that do the results and video were at the site 14 hrs yesterday. There may be a slight delay in posting, but the results and pictures are going up as fast as we can get to it. We had a few people doing a big event and are doing the best we can. Leonard, if you need faster results, I suggest you attend the next event for instant gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by leonard feeback View Post
    What happened to Sat. race results of 1/10th/ 1/8th scale classes? Don't they matter?
    David Newton took both 1/10 scale classes with his usual strategic driving. Rob Bracket Took 1/8 scale with a stunning 1:18.xx heat time.

Got home at midnight last night. Leaving in the morning for a week in SoCal. I'll let others fill in the details. It was a fantastic event from start to finish.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Thanks for the link to the thread Jim. I'm very happy to see Dinogy took 3 first place wins and a 3rd.

Mark
    make that 7 class wins a second and 2 3rds