Thread: Black jack 24 seaking 3180kv motor seaking 180 esc balloons cheep lipos 50mphboat

Default Black jack 24 seaking 3180kv motor seaking 180 esc balloons cheep lipos 50mphboat

boat runs real fast on 3s x640 and x642 prop upgrade strut driveshaft motor mount 8mm batt terminals but heats
    Up any battery under 100c why other than that runs AWSOME
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daniel Courtemanche; 07-26-2016 at 01:09 PM.

You just pulling way too many amps with that setup. I'm running a leopard 3660 2550kv, OSE shaft, Turnigy 120amp ESC (same exact ESC as Seaking 120), CNC 45mm 1.6 pitch prop maxamps 150C 6500mah 3S battery, two SMC 70C 7200mah 3S packs and I would guess it does 40-45mph and the only thing that gets hot even after running with no cool down using all three batteries back to back is the wires and connectors going to the ESC. They aren't even all that hot either. Your motor Kv is just too high to run with those props. Give up 5mph and step down to an X542 prop or maybe X442 if needed. I had these 3S batteries for my Axial Yeti already, so this is why I went with a Blackjack24, but now wish I would have just got a Blackjack29 v3. If you really want to run those speeds, your going to have to step up to at least a 4S battery with a lower Kv motor. That way you can run an X440 prop pulling less amps and higher RPMs. Or invest in a true 150C dual core maxamps 6500 3S battery ($170 pack!!!) and never worry about hurting your Lipo. With my setup, even the 70C SMC 7200 batteries only get warm. I don't plan on making my BJ24 any faster and will just keep it as a boat I can let friends run with me while I'm running the Blackjack29. You can make the 24 as fast as ya want, but good luck making it turn a corner fast. Any time I try to run fast while turning, it ends up flipping. I bought the 24 for $80 used, but with only maybe 10 runs on it, to see if I would like running the boats? I've been running RC planes, helicopters, and cars for 28 years and am having a blast with the boats I have :)

I have videos of my 24 running, but I know everyone will burn me for running my boat with me and my daughter standing in the water on the boat ramp while running it. I'll try to get a new video of it over the weekend that no one will have a problem with.

I guess I agree with everything but the max amps
    Packs there really overrated I have one and surprising
    Venom 100c water cooled has way more power the
    Water cool thing I believe is a gimmick but pack runs
    Real good I have a Genesis with a 4082 1600 leopard
    And the. Bj 24 is just easier to take out I will deff try
    Those props I don't have them

And no the Maxamps pack I have is not true dual core
    I was so disgusted with the overpriced battery I never
    Looked at there site again.

I will post a video of mine also I've had it logged at
    57 mph I have the little onboard gps they sell at
    Kinetic raceing I had a leopard 3650 2750kv I was
    Not happy not fast enough. Lol yea your right
    Little unstable in turns I got a good rescue boat
    BRUSHED OLD SCHOOL TRAXXAS VILLIAN pushes good

The SMC 7200 lipos I have are what I would consider a good cheap pack at a little under $70 each. I've tried other cheap packs and they just don't last and the voltage drop sucks compared to the maxamps. I agree that they are overpriced, but to say they aren't better than the cheap packs is so wrong. My maxamps after running out 5,000mah runs like the cheap packs after you run 2,000mah out of them. I just got back from running my boat (was by myself so no, so no vid) and the difference in temp between the maxamp and SMC is massive! Honestly, the maxamp was just above ambient and the SMC was what I would consider hot. The maxamps aren't $100 better than the SMCs and my Venom 50C pack, but they are a better lipo all the way around. The new dual core packs are bad ass and are better than their 100C batteries by a considerable amount. Run that Venom 100C pack without hooking up the cooling lines to see if it is a gimmick.

I love the Venom packs that I have and they are a great balance between price and performance. The Venom 50C 5,000mah pack gets scary hot with my current setup and I won't run it longer than 4 minutes it. To be fair, the other packs are 6,500 and 7,200mah and that allows them to run cooler without being any better.

I personally feel that the Maxamps new dual core lipos are the best battery you can buy. I know people want to argue are they worth it and I'm not saying they are, but if you want the best, then they are.

What brand are the batteries that you were puffing?

Here are some pics of mine.

I had to epoxy the motor mount because the previous owner stripped out the nuts under the plastic that the screws thread into. It's lined up perfectly, shouldn't have to ever be adjusted and is stronger being epoxied into place. I see no reason to buy anything new because it works great. I wouldn't have EVER bought the Maxamps battery for the boat and already had the batteries for my Yeti.

BAtteries I have destroyed #1 lectron pro worst packs ever floureon
    Also awful batteries Dynamite 50c I cant really say much bad about
    Dynamite all I had to do was call horizon no proof no mail back lipo
    Policy and they had new one at my door no questions asked the plastic case
    Cracked.Hyperion G5 70c just nearly makes the cut I just bought a real nice
    Controler with telemetry touch screen voltage temp rpm speed for 133bucks
    What a deal my wife's pissed lol

Just posted a video goes real good
    Put it to floor and cartwheels happen

Nice! That thing rips. Mine will flip if I stab it too. I just don't have the top end your boat does. What kind of run times are you getting? If I turn as sharp as you are, my boat flips most of the time.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgYes it handles real good I noticed a huge difference after installing the
    Kineticraceing.com STRUT and MOTOR MOUNT upgrades the only
    Thing is to install strut upgrade they have you cut stuffing tube 1 1/8th
    Of a inch I wish I cut it less like 1/16th the motor mount stuffs the
    Motor way upfront and the strut has a nice brass bushing in it realy
    Smooths the drive line I GET BETWEEN 6 and 9 min on 5000mah
    My blackjack is way more fun than Genesis to run the genesis
    Loves to torque ROLL
    Last edited by Daniel Courtemanche; 08-02-2016 at 03:33 AM.

Both those parts are really cool. I had no idea they even existed. I did kinda the same thing with the stock strut. I drilled out all but about 4-5mm of the depth of the strut, installed a 3/16" bronze oil lite bronze bushing and cut back the stock stuffing tube so about 5mm of it fits back into the strut. Works awesome! Every time I regrease the fex drive it refills the bushing. Must be working because I don't have any signs of wear out of the bushing yet. I ordered 4 of them when I did the mod because I figured it would. I'm going to order the same motor you have and give it a try with my 42mm prop. Really impressed with how your boat runs brother!! My 24 has torque roll pretty bad with the 45mm prop. I think a smaller prop and higher RPMs should fix that :). Probably order a CNC 1.4P40mm prop too.

I'm thinking the Zelos 36 Twin is gonna be my next boat. No torque roll at all! Has to be a super smooth boat and I love how scale it looks. Expensive, but I already have the batteries to run in it. 4 7200mah 3S batteries should run a while in that thing. I have 2 of them and 2 more would be fairly cheap. I'll get another 6500 dual core maxamps for a rippin' fast battery setup.

IF you purchase that motor be careful with esc I first had it set up on seaking 120
    And it seemed like the esc could.handle it but the capicitors got so hot one on esc
    Poped the top lol.not sure if you add a big block of caps like seaking 180 if it would be fine
    I was running x642 de tounged as long as you prop down you will be ok just letteing
    You know what happened to me I HAVE A SEAKING 120 for sale brand new in box
    Hobbywing sent me a brand new one I have been so close to buying a yeti for the
    Last 6 moths I don't know what's been stoping me I bought a 4S TO RUN IN MY BLAKJACK
    CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW FAST OR WHAT EXPLODES If it does o have a swordfish 220+ ready
    That's never been used .

Crazy that you bring that up, but the only thing that gets hot in my boat is the ESC power wires and the caps. I'm going to swap out the power leads to 10G wire and add a cap bank even if I don't run a higher KV motor.

Make sure you get a vid of your 4S fun with the Blackjack before something lets go! I can't really imagine how stupid fast it's going to be? You'll be pushing over 50,000rpm!

The Yeti has been a slick truck and I love how scale it looks, but I'm giving you a heads up that you have to sink a decent amount of money into it to make it fun and reliable. That picture isn't even the latest pics of it. I have a build thread on it. You can see what it takes to build what I consider the most bad ass Yeti possible. Even have full Boca Ceramic bearings in it.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...er-yeti-2.html

There are better performing trucks out there for sure. I think it's an all around decent truck and looks killer.

I wish Tekin made boat brushless ESCs. My Yeti doesn't have one, but the Tekin R8 is a beast and would be a wicked boat ESC if it were waterproof. Pretty sure they are rated 220amp continuous.

image.jpgMy new remote came in wow I was happy touch screen with telemetry
    Rpm,voltage,tempature,rx voltage ,for 133 bucks I got last
    One at that price the rest are 180 I would have paid 300 no problem came with a lipo in remote also
    Look it up Flysky fs-it4s its a 4 channel unit wow I'm happy I will deff take a vid
    When I run ole blackie on 4s rpms will be less loaded but it will be insane I think if you add a cap
    Pack your speedo wires will cool Down i they help with voltage spike
    Last edited by Daniel Courtemanche; 08-04-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Hello

That's a sweet radio setup brother! I think adding some caps will help too. I put some extra wire loom I had laying around on my water feed lines.

Whatcha think? I like it

I do like the look of the black wire loom. Looks mean.

Daniel, I was looking at the pics of your Kintec strut and it appears you're running the prop shaft quite a bot lower than the bottom of the sponsons. Have you tried raising it closer to even with the sponsons? This is where mine was set when I first installed it and the boat ran too flat.
    2016-08-04 22.10.46.jpg

Then I raised it up so the bottom of the strut was about 1/16" higher than level with the sponsons. The boat runs much closer to the 1/3rd point on the hull and I picked up some speed as well.
    2016-08-11 19.27.55.jpg

Thanks man!

That's the depth I run mine at also. You'll pull less amps the higher you run it too Daniel! Depending on which prop I run, I go 1mm higher or lower, but always close to the strut being level with the bottom of the sponsons.

That loom looks awesome adds a nice touch
    Y didn't I think of that thumbs

Default Black Jack 24INCH Upgrades

@Crazykev;670852 - nice upgrades mate! I just got my blackjack 24 and I am getting ready to do some upgrades myself.
    I just want to get about 45 to 50 mph out of my boat and I think IF I do these upgrades I should be able to obtain that speed with these PARTS BELOW.
    What are your thoughts?

BlkJack24 inch boat
    Leopard 3650 / 2750kv Motor
    Leopard 3640 Motor Water Jacket
    Hobby Wing SeaKing ESC 60a v3
    Last edited by UpliFT-RC; 06-20-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazykev View Post
    Here are some pics of mine.

I had to epoxy the motor mount because the previous owner stripped out the nuts under the plastic that the screws thread into. It's lined up perfectly, shouldn't have to ever be adjusted and is stronger being epoxied into place. I see no reason to buy anything new because it works great. I wouldn't have EVER bought the Maxamps battery for the boat and already had the batteries for my Yeti.

@Crazykev - WHERE AND what size is that prop? I AM getting ready to buy the Octura m440 Sharpened & Balanced Prop from OSE and there upgraded drive shaft for my BJ 24''!
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7