Thread: NEW Spektrum DX6R - ***

Default NEW Spektrum DX6R - ***

Let the Beta Testing Begin...

New Android-Based DX6R. Now you can run your vehicle, check your e-mail, and chase Pokemon, all at the same time...

So far, so COOL!

(*NOTE: This is a Beta Test TX, including the body. The finished product will have the more refined "production" finish)

20160721_152044.jpg

20160721_153005.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Looks and sounds cool...
    Have fun with that....

Darin I thought these were out already?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Darin I thought these were out already?
    No... presently in Beta Testing...

Gave the DX6R-Pro a workout this weekend. Not all features are active at this point but it's looking pretty good thus far. Going to take some getting used to, as the Android system has it's quirks, but overall, the features are going to open up all kinds of interesting applications.

One VERY cool feature being the ability to add a picture of the Model you've selected, as opposed to just a name/number.

Pretty complex radio, but once you get it setup, I think it'll be pretty smooth.

20160730_111938.jpg

20160730_133432.jpg

I have been trying to figure this out with no luck. Are you able to link the GPS sensor to the 6R?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot-Werx View Post
    Are you able to link the GPS sensor to the 6R?
    It's not something I've tried.

The DX6R and DX5R will support many of the sensors currently available in the aircraft radios. Things that are common (GPS, capacity) will be supported in the surface radios, but things like altimeter and vario will not because they make no sense.

For those of you familiar with our aircraft radios, the DX5R screens are very similar to them - just rotated 90 degrees. The DX6R is all-new telemetry capability that will be updated and mature as time goes on.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    but things like altimeter will not because they make no sense.
    You must be a better driver than I. I bet I'd use the altimeter data on every run!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

It's setup, not driving, although driving can help. Set up your boat so you can run in second place all day long.

Andy

Hi Andy, has the gps portion changed in the last week or so? I ask because I called tech support and they stated the GPS will only work with aircraft receivers. I believe they also stated that aircraft receivers will not bind with surface radios?

Also, because I am struggling with the Graupner HoTT telemetry, will the Spektrum recognize and provide data from two of the same sensors, like rpm for each motor in a twin?

Aircraft receivers won't bind with Surface transmitters (and vice versa).

The GPS module DOES work with the new surface receiver SR6000T. This receiver has inputs for RPM, temperature, voltage, and X-Bus (our telemetry expansion bus, the same as used on the Aircraft receivers).

I haven't used a DX6, so I don't know if it has GPS support at this time. I know the DX5R does because I did that personally several months ago. I was home for several weeks and updated the air telemetry code to support both air and surface display formats (the air and DX5R share much user interface code, and the DX5R and DX6R share the same channel processing code, which was based on the air code). It's a lot easier to maintain when we have the same source code in both radios. That's what's making it so quick to get the new radio going.

Don't fault Product Support. The DX6R is still a new product for them, and they're learning more and more daily. And by daily, I mean exactly that. They just got a prototype DX5R a day or two ago and this morning I enabled them to be able to follow the beta tester releases. They've had a DX6R since before it came out, but they don't have all the answers either.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot-Werx View Post
    Also, because I am struggling with the Graupner HoTT telemetry, will the Spektrum recognize and provide data from two of the same sensors, like rpm for each motor in a twin?
    It will when I get that finished in the Air radios. The protocol supports multiple sensors, but I don't have multiple sensors supported in the transmitter yet. I've been doing it piecemeal as I have opportunity. We're almost there now - all I need is a sensor that I can have generate data on multiple addresses.

Andy

No fault intended with support. Like with my business, I do not expect others to know what I am working on. The important things with me were GPS and the escs. Personally, I like the spektrum interface more. Just trying to figure out what is going to be the best option....

I appreciate your feedback and help. My inner geek loves this stuff.