Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150 amp esc was not enough

Cool

Your setup is all wrong. That strut depth seems way too deep. My 4S Cheetah runs the bottom of the strut 3/8" above the sponson bottoms. The CG is 9.8" ahead of the transom but that depends on the prop and speed. No wonder your ESC overheated, the boat was too tight and the prop loaded too much.

Denatured alcohol works well to remove the smell. Don't be stingy with it!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

thanks fluid..i appreciate

Take it all apart except the hardware and don't forget the inside upper deck. Wear gloves in case of sharp fiberglass bits, they hurt like hell.

3/8" hey Fluid? Wow, I just ran it with the bottom of the strut level with sponson bottoms however my strut is a large Octura stainless strut for 1/4" cable. With the 3/16" needle bearings I'm sure the prop is a good 3/16" up.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Running many props that deep will drive the bow down, and the Cheetah seems to run the bows wet easily. For example, both Tony and I have similar - but not identical - CG and strut settings on our Cheetahs.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

ok..a little more help please. I ordered a sword fish 300 amp esc. what size bec do I need? also; do I need a programmer card also?

Quote Originally Posted by rainfly View Post
    ok..a little more help please. I ordered a sword fish 300 amp esc. what size bec do I need? also; do I need a programmer card also?
    Its good to run a decent BEC like a Castle. Depending on your servo you could need something that puts out 5volts, 6v, etc. Some servos run at higher voltages like 7.2+ and you could just use a small 1500mah lipo with a switch.

A program card or box is recommended since programming by tx is tricky.
    Nortavlag Bulc

thanks for all the info fluid. if you, or anyone else doesn't mind. another question. I am looking through threads and it seems there are different opinions on the term 'transom'. for setting up a new cg. I used the very back of the boat, the flat transom, not the back of the sponsons. is this correct in going to the 9 3/4" mark?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12