Thread: Fisherman

Default Fisherman

what is the protocol on fisherman when using the RC boats? Today i went to go to the lake and some guy was fishing the weeds. I left and went to a different lake, but would it be bad news for me to go there and use my boat in the middle of the lake?

there is only one dock there so it would be the only place i would be able to stand at this particular lake

Quote Originally Posted by rekim View Post
    what is the protocol on fisherman when using the RC boats? Today i went to go to the lake and some guy was fishing the weeds. I left and went to a different lake, but would it be bad news for me to go there and use my boat in the middle of the lake?

there is only one dock there so it would be the only place i would be able to stand at this particular lake
    If the Lake is not off limits to model boats (some are only for gas models)... then you can run but try to be respectful. The fisherman if he was a real fisher wouldn't stand by the boat launch lol, he should know his fishing may not be ideal being he has done zero leg work to actually move to a location where folks wont be in his area... if he wants to be where no one else is he can find another location. Obviously stay away from his area to a point, but you have every right to use the water as they do... some may scoff and call you names, but I'm pretty sure you pay taxes too..

Just last week I went to a local lake that has a big state park which I've spoken the rangers at (they came over to me asking questions about the boat) and they let me know I have every right to be there as much as anyone.. they stated as long as I don't run up close to people or their boats, and use common sense then I I'm A ok... I asked about the guys fishing and they said exactly what I was thinking " if the guys fishing want to be alone, their is plenty of this lake they can be alone on" lol... I've been scoffed at, and looked at in that "get out of here" look... but I don't run that close to the guys fishing, and my recreation is Fe boating, theirs is fishing... If they want to have a whole lake to themselves then they need to buy a lake lol... but in reality use common sense, be reasonable in where you are operating... and if they think your prop ripping through the water is scaring the fish well they just gotta find somewhere else to fish, or deal with it :)