Quote Originally Posted by Speed810 View Post
Evening meangen.....The total weight came in at just under 20lbs. Actually 19lbs 10oz. Was thinking of going to a bigger power plant (TP 5660 840kv) but then I put myself outside the motor rules in IMPBA to race it. So thinking I'll stick with the 1527 and really start tweaking things to get some better speed. If I can come close to 60 I think it's very competitive at those speeds. There's a lot of talk in the IMPBA rules forum right now looking at the motor rule. Lot of good points from a lot of good 1/8 scale builders and drivers.

I think you'll be fine weight wise with the Squire boat. That appears to be a much lighter hull. I know Doug Smock has that boat and it's is fast. I've actually thought of just picking up an 8255 1/8 kit from Mike and build that in the KISW boat. Mike said that is a fast boat also with the 1527 power plant.

What are your thoughts? Be interesting to hear back.

Mike
hello Mike, I have been in touch with Doug he's been a lot of help with my setup. I'm still in the process of final build stage not sure of total weight I'm running a new 1527 1.5y with a etti 220 esc and 2 5s 5000 mah batteries. I need to get scale to get the weight will keep you posted thanks, geno