Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
Another question; Other than time trials, When was the last time ANYONE set up and followed through a FORMAL tech process at an FE race? Other than Terry checking voltages at the MI Cup 2 years ago (which was very informal), I have never been "TECH'D"
I'm going to ask the question again (at the risk of coming off as kind of an A$$)... CAN IT BE TECH'd??

You can't have a formal Tech Process if the rules aren't tech-able.

Can someone describe to me how you'd accurately tech a present P-LTD motor?? (Rhetorical... I already know the answer).

I'm ready to just leave P-LTD exactly like it is and it WILL die off in 2-3 years, just do to present motor supplies. I suppose my intent would be to keep the class going with a techable set of rules, using an endless supply of motors that automatically refreshes itself without having to revisit the rules, and to keep the power available under a certain maximum standard.

The effect: A LIMITED power (maximum sized motors) 4-Cell ("P) class that provides a reasonable level of parity (you're only going to get SO much power out of this limited size of motor) and isn't beholden to the offerings of any ONE, or two, or ?? motor suppliers. If you find a motor that fits the dimensional limits that will run on 4S, It's legal.