I am continuing a conversation that started in another thread and have a question. I have two motors that I run in 1/10 Scale boats that are on the list of approved motors to run in NAMBA for that class. The rules are specific as to what can be done to a motor as far as connectors and flat spot on the shaft etc. I'm wondering what a guy does about bearings if they are going bad. Is there a specific type of bearing that you can replace them with? Do guys just have to buy a new motor when bearings wear out. Are there bearings that cannot be used? I don't know if there are better bearings out there, but with Nats coming up, I'm sure guys want there stuff running as well as possible within the rules.

There was a guy on the other thread who has made accusations of cheating , I assume against guys he's raced against that changed their bearings in order to gain an advantage, but I'm not sure. Is your only option to buy a new motor or does anyone have any insight as to what is legal and what is not as far as bearings go? I'm sure no one wants to be embarrassed by being called out for using a replacement bearing that's not legal. It's a tech issue, so maybe some of the folks who are familiar with running in NAMBA sanctioned events can help us out here. What do we need to know if we want to maintain our equipment and stay legal? I've got some pretty old motors that still run well. It would be nice to get old bearings out of there and not have to buy new motors if I don't have to. We all want to have our stuff running as well as we can before Nats, but what's legal to do with bearings, or is it just considered regular maintenance to replace them? Up until now, I hadn't thought about it.