Thread: Guys I need some input on the Vac U Pickle Build I have going

Default Guys I need some input on the Vac U Pickle Build I have going

Guys I need your input on this build. I have a newly build Pickle. Currently got the SV 27 motor in it. But I want to make it an insanely fast. I have a Brand New Water cooled Neu 1512 3200kv itching to go in it. Thinking of running either a hextronic 120Amp ESc or CC Hydra 120 going on either 14.8 or 18.5 V's It's running full fuller hardware on it with a octura 645 and going to run it with my Aitronics FHSS 2.4GHz radio saving on glitches hopefully. Is this config going to give me more speed or should I run it on a single 22V lipoly for (More power!!!!! lol) "I love the smell of burning plastic in the morning Lmao!!!!"

Guys some advice please.............

Dave....... NothingButWake
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PACIFIC NORTHWEST LIQUID INSANITY BOYZ!!

I recognize that motor!

I wouldn't personally run that motor on any more than 3S... At that, you'll have about 38,000 RPM...

I'm not sure it'll be controllable in that hull, but you can try... 4S would give you around 51,000RPM and that's just silly... I'm not sure how long it would last at those kind of revs...

That boat should get well into the upper 40s.... maybe even low 50s with the SV27 setup you have in it... and the right tuning, but I'm not sure the hull is going to handle it all that well... It just was not designed for those kind of speeds...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Dave, listen to what Darin is saying. Hulls are designed for a price and speed point, going beyond what they were designed for will result in most cases a hull with stress cracks and a very unstable boat at high speed.

Douggie

Just like you can't take a Cessna 182 to mach 4, or fly an f-22 at 70 mph.

I hear you guys I got it thank you for the advice I appreciate it. I have an H&M Viper with the 1512 's name on it then. I won't run the pickle over 3S then on the SV. But I also have another question though I bought a 32 inch H&M hull off of eyekandy a while back is the 1521 gonna work on that puppy running 5S?
    PACIFIC NORTHWEST LIQUID INSANITY BOYZ!!

Run 4s w/ the SV system.

But w/ your 1512, no more than 3s.

A 1521 is overkill on a 32" hull IMO, unless you are doing SAW racing.

I would run your SV system on 4S... That thing should fly...

With the 1512 1.5D, 3S is almost a Rigger setup... I ran that motor on 8-cells back when we ran O-Mono here... I ran it on 3S at the Nationals in 2007 for P-Mono in a small 26" hull... PLENTY fast...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Yeah. I was about to say that I was running a 3500 Kv 540 in a rigger on 6 cells Nimh, and an switching to 3s lipo.

It might almost be too much for the hull.