Thread: need new prop blackjack 24

Default need new prop blackjack 24

I need a new prop for a blackjack 24. Never bought a prop before. Is they're any brand that is better than another? What size? Do I need a metal prop a stainless prop a plastic prop carbon fiber? Any info will help.

Get a hold of Steven at OSE.

Octura x-640 good prop close to the stock plastic one

Quote Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
    I need a new prop for a blackjack 24. Never bought a prop before. Is they're any brand that is better than another? What size? Do I need a metal prop a stainless prop a plastic prop carbon fiber? Any info will help.
    By new do you mean like different model or just new of the same model? I think pro boat has specific props for each of its boats.

After I broke a flexshaft and lost my stock prop, I replaced it with a stainless PRB282006 from Proboat. It's a 1.6"x2.5" prop, with a little more pitch than stock, but I believe the stock prop specs changed somewhere along the production life of the Blackjack 24, so I don't know for sure what you have. My battery and motor runner a littler hotter now after the switch, so I know I gained a little speed from where I started.

3/16" shaft ? I can reduce and mod a X440 for you PM me if interested LMK thanks Chris

I ran an X640 for awhile and now I run an M440 on mine. I think I got a bit more speed with the M440 as it seems to unload the motor a bit more due to having a bit less blade area and pitch.

However, do NOT run an X640 with the stock 30A ESC. It WILL blow!!!

At some point, I would replace your stock flex shaft with the one that OSE sells as an upgrade and grab an Octura oct-ocfhe5mm15s coupler as well. The quality is MUCH better.

I went through 4, yes 4 shafts before I finally bought the OSE upgrade. 2 were lost along with the props and the other 2 stripped the ends out by spinning in the coupler and could no longer be used.

I am however thinking about upgrading the motor at some point. I saw a vid where someone was running one of these with a Leopard 2750kv motor on 3S and it looked like it worked great.
    Current boats
    Aquacraft Cajun Commander, Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours - brushless, ProBoat Blackjack 9, ProBoat Impulse 9, ProBoat Recoil 17, ProBoat Blackjack 24, ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3

Default Looking for a new Prop for my BlackJack 24''

I am also looking for a new Prop for my BlackJack 24'' Pro Boat! I have already ordered the Hot Racing PBP16164MH Aluminum 1.6 X 1.6 4MM Prop and it did not fit my boat which was frustrating since the prop was $55.00 bucks see attachment! Hot Racing Prop.jpg. I know Horizon Hobby recommends that Right Side Propeller, CCW Rotation, 1.4x1.65, 3/16 Shaft (PRB282028)! Anyhow, I am going to try the stock Shockwace Prop that comes on there boats. I just bought the stock prop that comes on the Shockwave 26 Pro Boat, specs being the following - 1.6 x 1.6 for 3/16 Shaft V3 PRB015, see attachment # 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7

Bump.

New BJ24 owner here.

Lost my flex shaft and prop to the bottom of the lake last weekend. I guess I didn't tighten everything up after greasing the shaft.

So need a new shaft and prop. Looking for recs.

Is the upgrade shaft from OSE worth it @ $40?

What about props?

Looking to get max speed but not fry the esc or kill the battery run time.

Running 3s lipo batteries.

I don't know that I would do much with prop upgrades will running the stock 30A ESC. If I remember correctly, it was barely adequate for the stock prop and motor on 3s. As far as a new cable, yes, get the upgraded cable and strut from OSE and you'll solve multiple problems at once. The stock collet will also need to be replaced because the new cable is .150". You'll need a 5mm to .150" (3.8mm) short length collet. Again, another worthwhile upgrade because the stock collets would wobble and cracked easily when tightened down with two wrenches.

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=ose-81502-s
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thank you, sir. Excellent advice. Will pick up the collet.

Sounds good! I am trying to get your item out today for you and adivse with a tracking number.

Looking for a little help here.

I bought the upgraded flex shaft and octura collet.

Tried to mount them today and ran into a problem.

As you can see, the new collet is too long to fit. It hits the stuff tube.

Did I order the wrong collet?

Am I supposed to trim the stuff tube? If I trim, it seems like I'd have to trim back beyond the mounting bracket. Doesn't seem right to me.

Any help?

IMG_7264.jpg

It's been a long time since I owned that boat. I forgot about the stock motor mount limitations. I was using an aluminum mount that Kintec racing made briefly which moved the motor further from the stuffing tube allowing larger collets to be used. You can move the stock motor mount back to create a little more room, and if the existing slots aren't long enough, elongate them with a file or dremel to get another mm or two.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

i cut my stuffing tube with a dremel cut off wheel and slid the mtr all the way back in the mount. the BJ24 is just the right size for fitz all conditions, fast but not too fast, turns on a dime.DSCF2780.jpg
    i use this prop; https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=cnc-4214250 and a 50A turnigy esc