Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in a graphene battery test?

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    When do you need storage mode actually? I run my boats at least 3 times a week. After each run I fully charge them until another day or two before I run them again, is that bad?
    Not that I in any way know it all on this subject... but I only run my boats once a month, so I put my batteries in storage mode. They are also in storage mode during the long winter in Michigan which causes 4 to 5 months of non-fun.
    Have fun with that....

Well after doing some searching it seems like some people storage charge and some don't. I'm in the storage charge camp myself. Let me explain why.

Well first off I had a gens ace 2s battery I used for my recovery that I cared nothing for, so I left it fully charged at all times. It never puffed. That's just a regular voltage lipo. Now. I've had a few high voltage batteries puff just sitting if I left them fully charged. It doesn't happen if I leave the voltage below 4.2 instead of full voltage...seems like anyway. I must note, I store them in my shop which gets fairly warm during the summer moths and I have a metal roll up door that they were sitting next to. I figure the metal door....sun beaming on it...batteries right next to it....not good. That may have been my problem. I've since moved their location far away from the door and I've had no issues since. The batteries that puffed I just use them in low draw situations (air boat, recovery boat) or toss them.

I make it a point to put my batteries at 3.85 if I'm not going to be using them for a few days. Makes me feel better. They come at 3.85 when I buy them also. I figure the battery manufacturers know a little more than I do about it so I follow their lead.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Maybe I should grow up and start storing. No sarcasm intended. Maybe my junk would hold up longer. Couldn't hurt.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Maybe I should grow up and start storing. No sarcasm intended. Maybe my junk would hold up longer. Couldn't hurt.
    Funny thing is a few of the batteries I never cared for are still going. A couple of cheap 2s batteries for my sons blackjack 9. Never even cared for those and they still going just fine. Just seems like the higher end high stung batteries are the ones that puff if I don't storage them. Or it could just be a coincidence.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Well, you are using your batteries almost every Wednesday and Saturday/Sunday... But, I'd say you should storage mode any you are not using for a week or more and especially through the winter months.
    Research/reading I did says that storage mode and a lower temp storage location is good for a battery's overall life.
    Have fun with that....

I allways put in storage as well. I saw a degradation chart somewhere that showed faster damage over a shorter lenth of time with higher charges. Sleep a lil easier knowing Im not storing c4. I also keep my packs on a 3' x 2' granite slab. Working on a storage cabinet made from a 440 volt service panel that I will put the granite in the bottom of.

Ok, I read a lot of you guys saying store around 3.8 or whatever. How do you guys get it at this level? Is there a setting on ya'lls charger? I'm using a dynamite sport duo charger.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Ok, I read a lot of you guys saying store around 3.8 or whatever. How do you guys get it at this level? Is there a setting on ya'lls charger? I'm using a dynamite sport duo charger.

All my chargers have a storage mode function.

For example, the FMA/Revolectrix Power Lab chargers have a storage level setting. When the battery is plugged in, it will automatically either charge or discharge to 50% charge level. A worthwhile option on any charger that you purchase these days.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

kfxguy, you already received your GO packs right? How are they coming along?

Thinking maybe to get some myself. Have you ever tried running smaller packs in parallel for more power?

Not sure if this was linked yet but..... http://www.revoblends.com/gopacks-faq/4592715030

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    kfxguy, you already received your GO packs right? How are they coming along?

Thinking maybe to get some myself. Have you ever tried running smaller packs in parallel for more power?
    Tracking shows to get here on Wednesday.

Come on Wednesday!!!!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

They sure are taking a while lol

They weren't available yet when I ordered them.

I've been playing with the GP graphenes at our puddle. No real amp data. Just hands on running and playing. Bob asked me to put a hurt on them. I put a pair of 5k's in my P mono and tabbed it wet for 7 laps on a really hot setup. Motor wires were shrink shredding hot. It was 89 degrees outside all day. Surface water was warm. I managed to get the batteries up to 91 on the gun. I still have a lot more abuse to put them through. I'll be trying to hurt them some more this week. So far so good though.

I have a hunch that all these new graphene cells regardless of manufacturer are going to perform better than we're accustomed to. Just better transfer of energy. Sure would be nice to be able to use them at say even 50c without them puffing a charges later.
    Noisy person

I've been playing with the GP graphenes at our puddle. No real amp data. Just hands on running and playing. Bob asked me to put a hurt on them. I put a pair of 5k's in my P mono and tabbed it wet for 7 laps on a really hot setup. Motor wires were shrink shredding hot. It was 89 degrees outside all day. Surface water was warm. I managed to get the batteries up to 91 on the gun. I still have a lot more abuse to put them through. I'll be trying to hurt them some more this week. So far so good though.

I have a hunch that all these new graphene cells regardless of manufacturer are going to perform better than we're accustomed to. Just better transfer of energy. Sure would be nice to be able to use them at say even 50c without them puffing a charges later.

This is such great news to hear! Mine came in today! So I'll be testing some in the next few days and possibly selling off what I have really cheap. I like to rotate fresh batts anyways because I like that last 1mph lol

kfxguy: Which lipos are you planning to sell off? cells and mah :)

I too would like to know. I wouldnt mind a few spares!

I tried some experimental HV cells and they fell off in my limited mono of all things. Power loss was noticeable when I got down under 20%. I was only charging to the legal limit though so I suppose that makes sense. If my EOS is saying 17% I'm actually further down into the charge than it appears. The EOS is looking at 17% of 4.2 instead of 17% of 4.35 which is the max for the cell. My LVC is kept very low so it will run until the cell pukes it's guts out.

The graphene didn't fall off that I noticed. Limited is a pretty tame setup though.

Now that I think about it......does anyone know how the EOS is calculating that % it tells us? Makes sense that it's all voltage based but what range? 3v? 3.3v? I don't have a clue. We all just read 20% and say okay dokay. Even the hyperian chargers tells us a charge percentage as they fill. Based on what? Feeling pretty ignorant.
    Noisy person

Whoohoo! First shipment here!

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post

First impressions. They are a tad thicker than my 435 5000's in the same cell count. Mainly because they now have some sort of plates inside the shrink wrap for protection. Weight, well I didn't weigh them because I don't really care lol. I'm not planning on ripping one apart like that guy did in that YouTube video...from what I've read you would t see any difference anyway lol.

I wasnt gonna say anything but goodness grief Travis! Are those all yours???? Good Lawd!!!!!

First impressions. They are a tad thicker than my 435 5000's in the same cell count. Mainly because they now have some sort of plates inside the shrink wrap for protection. Weight, well I didn't weigh them because I don't really care lol. I'm not planning on ripping one apart like that guy did in that YouTube video...from what I've read you would t see any difference anyway lol.
    So you get to play with yours and mine is in a warehouse in Miami! Nice! By the way dibs on those "old" packs you might be selling.

12 lipos :| you've got issues man lol.

(not in a bad way, of course)

But seriously. 12 lipos geez lol

Lol. That's not all what I have. I have more on the way too! I had already sold some also that aren't shown. But really.....my collection pales in comparison to most of these guys on here that race.

Got C4?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast