Thread: Shutting down when going wide open.

Default Shutting down when going wide open.

Starting having an issue at wide open throttle only. Feels like the esc shuts down and resets. I lose steering and power for a second. Let off throttle and it comes back to life till I hit wide open again. Tried 3 different sets of batteries and pulled the prop shaft. No drag on the driveline. Using ec5's. Also have plenty of flow though the cooling system. Any ideas? Boats two weeks old all stock.

What packs - exactly what packs? Stock prop, etc?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Think I may have found it. I pulled the reciever and the case was full of wAter. I could of sworn they were waterproof but when I opened it I don't see a coating at all. Cleaned it really good and gonna coat it and see what happens. No idea why it would cut off at wot but I know recievers don't like to take bathes lol

Think I may have found it. I pulled the reciever and the case was full of wAter. I could of sworn they were waterproof but when I opened it I don't see a coating at all. Cleaned it really good and gonna coat it and see what happens. No idea why it would cut off at wot but I know recievers don't like to take be in a bucket of wAter lol

How about water proofing the boat? Maybe you are hitting low voltage cut off? What is your set-up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    How about water proofing the boat? Maybe you are hitting low voltage cut off? What is your set-up?

I allways tape the hatch and also sealed all the hardware on the back .

Update though it was the waterproof reciever that had water in it lol. Aparently they are not waterproof. There was no coating whatsoever. Cleaned it dried it and coated in licquid electrical tape and it's perfect again. I usually coat them from the get go but assumed it was already coated. Lesson learned.
    Thanks guys !!!!

I will be epoxying mine sometime tomorrow. Should be my first run with it after 2 months of troubleshooting and waiting for parts. I also siliconed the hardware at the back but haven't tried it to see if any water was being taken in. Will know tomorrow hopefully.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

I don't understand why anyone gets water in the there boats? Most guys I know do not epoxy receivers. We hunt down leaks and stop them.

Yes however, what happens when u tape the hatch on a brand new boat and it ingest water from an area that was not properly sealed? (Hardware mounts) For me personally I will try whatever I gotta do to protect those receivers as I don't have ship to door benefits with parts.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda