Thread: ML Boatworks- International Hobbies Seebold Tunnel kit build thread 38" and 50" ver.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ML Boatworks- International Hobbies Seebold Tunnel kit build thread 38" and 50" ver.

I have not posted over here yet on this, but I am getting further along with this project. I am working on kits, and cowlings plugs/ molds to make the early open cockpit Seebold Bud Light O/B Tunnels in 38" and 50" versions. I have the wood kits designed, and I am building on them now. I have the 50" cowling mold done, and pulled the first cowling last night, and I am working on the plug for the 38" version.

The 38" version is set up to run with a KB 7.5 lower, FE power as the center section is designed around FE.

The 50" version is setup up to run a lower like the ArrowShark gas size lower, or the MHZ gas size lower, which I am using. I designed the center section for FE tho, so we can run a big 10s setup in it! I also developed a new large, Evinrude/Johnson F1 cowling to fit these larger lower units.

Both these kits are designed around the International Hobbies/ Amps Seebold 38" tunnel. I collect the Amps stuff, so I had plenty to go by as far as getting this pretty correct! Here are some pics.

First thing is first...here is what the real boat looks like:

And here is the original 38" International Hobbies/ Amps Bud Light Seebold in which I started my designing.

Last edited by cybercrxt; 06-29-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM