Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Trailer

Ken, I am up here in the Seattle area as well, and we were looking forward to seeing you for the Nats. I doubt any of your gear will show up in this neck of the woods, but I will for sure keep an eye out on ebay and the like. I am a member of the host club for the Nats, and have boats I would offer for your use up here, as I will be working the event and not racing. Really hope ya don't throw in the towel on this hobby, but if ya don't make it here it is understood.

Member, Southwest Michigan Model Boat Club.

I can't possibly describe for you what telling Kens son a second time that everything was gone was like for them and for all of us. The toy boats were something they were doing together as a family. I have to tell you this has broken something inside of me. I'm sure it's because it's not difficult for me to imagine as I too race with my son.

Please do anything you can for these guys. Post on your FB pages. Tweet it. Re-tweet it. The trailer itself was found through Facebook. Someone saw it on line and then saw the trailer. Where the gear is we're not sure but someone eventually will want to either sell some or race some. If the boats show up around here at a pond we'll recognize them. If they show up on ebay or Craigslist I think one of us somewhere will notice. Keep your eyes peeled for high end stuff.
    Noisy person

Just can't express how sorry I am for Ken. Opening the trailer and finding it empty had to be absolutely heartbreaking. I was in the hobby store out in Westland today. Flyers were at the register. Everyone is on the hunt. I wonder if we can get photos of Ken's boats distributed to all the DNR postings? Does anyone have any connections? That would cover a lot of ponds, lakes, etc....

Like someone mentioned earlier monitoring popular outlets like Ebay, Craigslist would be a good idea-- but with the "past week" option in Google:
    Think basic queries like "RC boat" or "Toy boat". I'd imagine that the people doing the theft aren't too bright...

Here are some links for site-only searches for 1 week only... change the "time range" and keywords to your liking.

Ebay:
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...=qdr:w&start=0

Craigslist:
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...=qdr:w&start=0

You can do an Image search in google with these filter settings as well... which would be pretty effective for anyone that actually knows what these boats look like:
    Images from past week: https://www.google.com/search?q=rc+b...isch&tbs=qdr:w

Only 1 boat needs to make its way on the 'net. I'm sure they'll probably wait it out though... for things to settle down. Either way, a boat will pop up soon enough.
    Even if the thief doesn't put them up, someone else who buys them will. So just a matter of time now.

I had an IPad (which was stolen from my car more than a year prior) returned back to me...
    Last edited by dmitry100; 06-28-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Default 21 Stolen Boat Update

Hello Friends,
    Not sure where to start.
    We did get the trailer back a little banged up and somewhat ransacked,
    but after a few hours of cleaning up it looks pretty good again. Fede, Veronica, and I
    probably needed to do that for psychological reasons.....just made us feel better to
    see a slight recovery on some level.
    The thieves took all of the 21 boats, the 9 chargers, 3 power supplies, all my tools,
    about 40 lipo packs, 8 life packs, generator, boat stands, parts containers, and
    even my 2011 FE Nationals plaque, not sure why they would want that. pretty
    much left us an empty trailer except for the boat rack and work benches.
    Fede and I are really struggling to hold back the tears which seems to happen a couple
    times a day. We are now on our way to visit my wife's sister's family in Quebec City.
    No delay at the border.... thank you Canadian Border Patrol.
    I will try to sort thru the pictures that I have with me to come up with a good post
    for here the other forums and Facebook. If someone could Please post this to other forums
    to update everyone on the situation to date.
    I want to thank the dozens and dozens of people that have been helping on these posts
    and Facebook sharing. That is what led to making the good Samaritan and his wife aware
    of the stolen trailer. For fear of retaliation they would like to remain anonymous.
    Thanks also to everyone at the Michigan Cup for being so helpful and understanding.
    Thanks also to Terry Davis, Tom Castellani, Todd Fleury and the MMEU club for helping Fede (my son)
    with a donation of a very nice Pursuit that ran very well. He almost placed in the P-ltd Mono class
    except for a flip as I understand from Terry while leading the last heat. Sorry we missed that heat Fede
    We thought we were picking up the trailer and boats and had hoped to returned in time for the trophy presentation
    to huge smiles by all. Unfortunately when we returned it was to console our son after giving him the bad news.
    Thanks also to Fred Siewart for his local information and continued trailer support. I need to thank so many others
    by name hear, but running out of time before we must leave for another 8 hours of driving.
    To Jim Clark and Frank Wayland....thx for the offers to still attend the Nat's and race your boats, but I just
    think it would be too hard emotionally, but do really appreciate the thoughts and support.
    Gotta run....Thanks again to all my friends in the RC Boating Community,
    Ken, Fede, & Veronica Haines
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Well, you're dealing with Detroit city scum. Most probably gang bangers and such who will use the money from the sales to buy illegal weapons and drugs.
    Good luck on getting your boats and equipment back.
    Any town in and around Destroyit are fair game for these subhuman scum and that's all they are.
    I will be watching the online forums and Craigslist for any new boats.
    Ken, if you could it would be helpful to know what those boats were.

Ken, any Ipads, Phones, or Laptops of any kind stolen?

Facebook groups for stolen property is a good start as well... since many more people will be on the look out as well:
    Example: https://www.facebook.com/groups/157630424604407/

I'd imagine pawn shops would be the perfect place to sell things fast... especially for drug fiends:
    Pawnshop database: https://www.leadsonline.com/main/ser...eadsonline.php
    Last edited by dmitry100; 06-28-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Terrible. People suck!

Yeah, post up some pics and we will keep an eye out...
    Pursuit: T-180, TP 4060/1620kv. Genesis: T-180, GoolRC 2000kv. UL-1: Bone stock. MHZ Tsunami: Full tilt SAW project!

This really makes my blood boil. Completely worthless people. I know its probably hard if you can though post any pictures of the boats, I am constantly on craigslist and ebay pretty much every day. Down here in southern WI something could potentially pop up.

Default Update

Some of you already know that we were fortunate Sunday and did recover the trailer.

Today I posted pics of all the missing boats on my facebook....take a look at this link.

https://www.facebook.com/ken.haines.90

Fede and I are trying to hang in there,

Thanks again for all the support,

Ken

Shared on our clubs facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Haines View Post
    Some of you already know that we were fortunate Sunday and did recover the trailer.

Today I posted pics of all the missing boats on my facebook....take a look at this link.

https://www.facebook.com/ken.haines.90

Fede and I are trying to hang in there,

Thanks again for all the support,

Ken

Is that a leaf blower or a motor after run cooler? On your FB page that is.... ;-)
    Nortavlag Bulc

It's pretty sickening this crap has to happen. I shared this on my Facebook page as well as mentioning on the Offshore Electrics Facebook page for the victim to keep a watchful eye on Ebay and for people in the area to check out local pawn shops.

It's not just boats that have disappeared. It was mentioned that last year at IRCHA in Muncie, IN someone had a few high end helis swiped from their trailer.

Any ipads/laptops or phones of any kind that were stolen?

Things like iphones and ipads have anti-theft capabilities (gps)...

Perhaps it might be worth mentioning that the OSE community should make a gofundme fund page and/or a thread to allow people to donate extra hardware that people might want to give away...

this stuff makes me sick. i know what its like to lose a lot of r/cs with sentimental value. i had a cousin go behind my back and sell all the planes me and my dad built and flew together lost it all. Ken ever since someone shared the news story on the RC boaters of Pennsylvania facebook group page ive been keeping an eye out on ebay. looked over the picture you posted on your facebook and im looking hard. i want you to get all your stuff back.

Here is a more direct link to the pics of the stolen boats.
    Now if I can only get this link on Intl Waters....somehow cannot simply paste a link there ?
    And Also Jim's Boat Dock....Have been trying to get full registration renewed there for almost a week.
    I anyone would like to give me a hand in posting this picture link to other boat forums I would be so grateful.

Sincere thanks for everyone's support......probably the only thing keeping me out of full depression.
    Fede and I really appreciate it :)

Thanks also to MMEU for the Donated boat for Fede to compete in this years Cup
    Thanks to Nankin Hobbies for a brand new Vorocity, Charger and Batteries to get me to compete in Q-Offshore
    Thanks to Jim Clark for a Miss Geico Cat for Fede that did return a smile to his face
    Thanks to David Howarth for a"35 Delta Force Custom Boat to get me to return to the Cup Next year.

Here is the Link:
    https://www.facebook.com/ken.haines....6332363&type=3

Ken, PM sent

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Ken, can you state exactly where the trailer was found? Could possibly lead in the direction the boats went. I'm checking CL all around the MI area and OH region as well.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Trailer was stolen in Romulus MI. by the Detroit Airport.
    Was found I believe in MexicanTown South West Detroit.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Trailer was Stolen at:
    Embassy Suites, 8600 Wickham Road, Romulus, Michigan
    Trailer was Found at:
    3511 Clippert St.
    Detroit, Michigan
    (Behind Tommy T's Bar)

I will appreciate anything you could
    figure out on this,
    Thx so much,
    Ken

Just a thought, it may be helpful if those pictures were also somewhere that Facebook challenged people could see them.?
    T.C.

Which one of you guys is the "RC Boat recycler" ? clever i guess...

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tag/5660342303.html

small chance.

LMT 3080 almost new. Did you have one of these in a boat Ken?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEHNER-LMT-3...kAAOSwQNRXMOzN
    Nortavlag Bulc

Atlanta Georgia..unlikely. But, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    small chance.

LMT 3080 almost new. Did you have one of these in a boat Ken?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEHNER-LMT-3...kAAOSwQNRXMOzN

Hi Ray,
    Thanks for keeping a sharp eye.
    I had a spare:
    Lehner 3080-5t
    Lehner 3080-8t
    and an installed 3080-7t (New style w/fan)

The listing is for a 6 turn......please keep an eye open for this stuff.
    Had also about 5 Castle Hydra 120 spares
    I think 3 Castle Hydra 240 spares
    a Schulze 40.100 spare
    Schulze 40.150 spare
    all rather rare items

Also:
    Neu 1515-1y
    Neu 1527-1D
    Neu 1527-1Y
    Meu 1530-.75Y

Thanks for the list as it makes my job easier.

My pleasure buddy.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ken,
    Are the NEU motors you listed all black smooth can? Just asking because they are much more rare as well.

yes....all black smooth can motors

Also all were male either 5.5 or 8mm connectors

Ken, the product I was telling you about last night is called Snagg. Same kind of thing they inject into pets. I didn't read into the details but when we get the boats we need to get these in some of your gear.

http://www.snagg.com/
    Noisy person

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast