Thread: Supervee 27 4s video

Question Supervee 27 4s video

Hey guys here is my little supervee 27 on 4s let me know what u think and what estimate speed so far.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db3e2OPXcqw I found the problem the prop cable stock broke and only about 3inch left that was connected to collet and all the rest shot out back in water somewhere. So i greased it before run but after taking apart its clearly twisted the cable to point its sharp at end like its rolled to a tip where broke, would the upgrade octura work? what do i gotta modify to put the kintec racing flex shaft? Please help me

Speed looks pretty average for that SV27. You need to make sure there is a gap at the drive dog that is the thickness of the cable otherwise the cable gets bound up and gets twisted. The Kintec cable uses thicker wire that is also better quality. You just pull out the old teflon liner, you should inspect that as well for melted areas. Another thing I would check to see is if the motor/collar is aligned correctly to the stuffing tube where the shaft comes out. You don't want it pressing against the stuffing tube, that can cause heat and stress as well causing issues with the shaft.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

thanks tameslesstgr ill check that out and the stuff tube is it hard to replace? Im wondering with dynamite 2000kv motor good for 6s if it would be faster or just pia to handle on 5s or even 6s, not sure if ive got to small prop i was using a 40mm prop 2blade but got a 42-55 grim racer i could use..

Very rare you should have to replace the stuffing tube. There is the plastic teflon liner that is inside the brass stuffing tube that your flex shaft goes inside. Those can get worn out and should be inspected regularly when you are taking the flex cable out for greasing.

5s or 6s is going to be a handful. I don't think you will like how that hull will handle that power. Do you have the stock blue motor in there now? We have tested up to 45mm and 48mm 2 blade props. The 48mm gets the motor pretty hot so I wouldn't recommend it. The grim prop is supposed to be pretty good for a stock boat.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    Very rare you should have to replace the stuffing tube. There is the plastic teflon liner that is inside the brass stuffing tube that your flex shaft goes inside. Those can get worn out and should be inspected regularly when you are taking the flex cable out for greasing.

5s or 6s is going to be a handful. I don't think you will like how that hull will handle that power. Do you have the stock blue motor in there now? We have tested up to 45mm and 48mm 2 blade props. The 48mm gets the motor pretty hot so I wouldn't recommend it. The grim prop is supposed to be pretty good for a stock boat.
    I have a dynamite 2000kv in it now the 6s motor and seaking 120amp esc so it did have stock blue 36/56 1550kv i think before but on video its the dynamite 2000kv, i did use 40mm 2blade prop but got 42-55 grim ive balanced and sharpened. could u tell if im running to flat or just about right? im not sure when times ive wrecked if its causing hull to grab on front when going through water and i need it up in front more. well i found the liners inside but i cant get out yet, i guess since the kinetic flexshaft upgrade made by octura will need the stock liners taken out since it may be a full length liner. Thanks for ur help tamelesstgr

Honestly I think the hull looks pretty good, does not look like the hull is plowing water, you want it riding pretty evenly. 120amp esc is good. Sometimes you can use a tool to push the liner out from the inside of the boat. I think if you try 6s you want to start with the smallest prop you have.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING

Help with question, so on a bad setup for 5s on my supervee 27 with dynamite 2000kv and seaking 120esc the mismatched lipos for just test only ran 43.7mph on 5s and was testing new flexcable and new stuffing new also i used just a stock traxxas 42/59 prop so is this terrible slow for this? could it been that i used smc racing 5000mah 50c/100burst 2s lipo with helion 3600mah 25c 3s lipo with internal resistance showing 2mohm on smc cells and 5 to 6 across cells on helion hurt power alot? thanks for everyones help so far but id like to get around 55 touch 60mph with it,so motor swap again? what kv and type