Thread: I miss Trent Haire

Default I miss Trent Haire

Sure wish Trent was still here with us, he would really enjoy all the new stuff....RIP Trent.

Ya guys like him paved the way. It is much appreciated.

I wonder if we'd be running lots of micro boats if Trent was still here leading the way?
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Unhappy

I can't believe it's been over twelve years......seems like only yesterday we were designing, building and running cats at his home.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fluid; 06-16-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Lipoly and BL has really made Micro's amazing.

I would have loved to have met him. I have a feeling he'd have really dug what I've been trying to do with tiny, low-V power systems.

I've always thought we should have a "Micro Boat" "Winter League", where we race in pools, storm ponds, Golf Course ponds, etc. Would be a BLAST! And VERY easy to transport.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I got to meet him and Dan C. at BattleBots in 2001 with Jeff V. All fine people as you know. Trent always had the idea of an RC boat package in a suitcase, easy now day's. Of course we talked many times on phone. Trent was a good friend of Ed Hughey as well, they often discussed ideas on motors and gearboxes before BL arrived.

I hadn't met Trent, but Dan and Randy kept the Trent Haire Classic going for a while. I drove up to SF in (IIRC) 2008, hooked up with Randy at his shop & stayed with Dan. We went to the pond for the Classic but it was only myself, Dan, Randy, Wilmer & one other Ca guy. Not enough to make a class so we did a 2-Lap with me & Dan holding stopwatches. (Wasn't "Official" but lots of good water funtime)
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Was talking about him the other day. We had many conversations about wire drives and small drive stuff. Great guy. Miss him as well.

Wow, it's been years since I heard from you Jeff, hope all is well.