Thread: New Motley Crew Stock Build +

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Motley Crew Stock Build +

I recently bought a new Motley Crew (MC) hull and hardware for a great deal and assembled it with new stock electronics for a good friend.
    (Stock electronics were pulled from a Revolt)
    AQ 36x56 1800kV 6pole
    AQ 60amp esc
    2x2s in series for 4s
    Stock Rudd servo

Along the way I applied some awesome mods that I learned from this forum (A Big Thanks! to Tony the Properchopper).

And so it begins....
    I was unsure of the flexyness in the stock canopy and it is a relatively large one at that. I suspect that the new owner may want to upgrade this hull at some point (larger motor, etc.) so I decided to do an inlay to the cano and added some reinforcements.
    The stock ribs on it, while a great idea from Aquacraft, were not adhered to the canopy very well. They popped off with minimal effort. If anyone were running this boat in stock fashion, I would, at least, check that your ribs are glue in securely.

In the last pic you will note some blue painters tape from front to rear. The hull has a curve to it where the canopy attaches and originally the canopy didn't sit perfectly flat. As I was applying an inlay anyway, I am using the tape to add more curve to the hatch for a better fit.
    Last edited by shua; 06-11-2016 at 06:20 PM.