Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: ML Boatworks RSX310 , My 1st Outrigger design ever! 31", P/ P-ltd FE Rigger!

Bear with me Mike. I'm buried in doing a pair of front hubs on my 2002 Monte Carlo. First one spline was seized, it's out now. I'll understand if miss out however, I do plan on purchasing before August first.
    Nortavlag Bulc

No problem Ray. The kits will be here when you are ready! I will honor the current pricing as well, no problem man! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Just an update. Sorry I have not been on here. Busy weekend in the garage doing fiberglass parts and plug/ mold making. I have 6 cowlings done now, so only a few more to go and I am caught up with the current orders. The kits were put on order last week, and should be cut and shipped in the next day or two! I should hear something from Macomb about the fins maybe today as well. So if all goes well, I might be boxing and shipping late this week, or early next! Thanks for the patience, Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Just an update. Sorry I have not been on here. Busy weekend in the garage doing fiberglass parts and plug/ mold making. I have 6 cowlings done now, so only a few more to go and I am caught up with the current orders. The kits were put on order last week, and should be cut and shipped in the next day or two! I should hear something from Macomb about the fins maybe today as well. So if all goes well, I might be boxing and shipping late this week, or early next! Thanks for the patience, Mike
    You have always come thru for me Mike...No worries here!! : )
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Thanks Kent, I got good news on all accounts today. The turn fins were shipped, and will be here Wednesday, and the kits were shipped, and might be here thursday. So, it is possible I start getting kits out late this week, if not, monday of next week!

WooHoo!!!
    I can smell the fresh Birch already.
    I love that smell.

It is probably the laser burn you are actually smelling...hahahahahaha

Mike,
    My hat is off to you. The way you and your buddies crank this stuff out is amazing! Now I really have to get components ordered.
    Bob

Thanks guys!

updated at last post.
    Last edited by cybercrxt; 08-01-2016 at 01:28 PM.

The turn fins and kits arrived today! I will do my best to start packaging these up for shipment!

updated at last post.
    Last edited by cybercrxt; 08-01-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Hey Guys, List updated. I have shipped out the first few orders, but ran low on cowlings. Had a lot going on, and been out of town last weekend. I will be layup up cowls all week, and shipping kits as they come out of the mold. Having one mold is the hold up right now, but I will get the orders out as soon as I can. Thanks everyone! Mike

Count me in. I just put my order in today. I can't let Darin and Greg be the only club members with a new ride.

Nice work Mike.

Jim Stephens
    (and Zip Kits is down to 3 more boom supports in stock)
    Jim Stephens
    Puget Sound Fast Electric Boat Club

Hey Jim, the wood kit is already sent to my laser guy actually, along with some other peoples. I just have to get the cowling laid up, and quarter round pieces together to ship to you separately. Cowling layups are the hold up right now! I only get one done a day, and I am doing them every time I have time! haha. Thanks guys, Mike

Anyone who reads this, go to http://woodrcboatkit...oplane-kit.html and do your order there.

PS, if you reply here, please quote this post, so the next guy will see what is going on and they can PM me too!

Please remember to order your carbon solid 5/16" rods from Zippkits, and if you want to use the aluminum rod end inserts for the sponsons, they have them as well. You guys may buy him out, haha. For a complete list of exactly what hardware, and electrics I used on my build, see post #52,53,58

FE Version:

1) Reed Eagle OSE PAID IN FULL, ships Tuesday
    2) Greg Schweers, website, PAID IN FULL,
    PAID IN FULL, ships Tuesday
    3) Macomb, kit arrived
    4) Ron Wojtasek Paid in full, laser cut kit shipped, Cowling and dowels, and fin will ship
    Tuesday
    5) James Stephens,
    Paid in full, laser cut kit shipped, Cowling and dowels, and fin will ship Tuesday
    6) Paul Renna OSE IW contacted, order soon

Nitro Version, when available:

1)Glenn Quarles wants to test
    2) Rockin Robin Stebbins IW
    3) Shane Bastick IW
    4) Dale Hobbs x 2 kits- Facebook

5) Ray Sametz IW
    Last edited by cybercrxt; 08-01-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Mine has arrived... will sit in the box for a bit, though. Have the Nationals to finish prepping for. :)
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

The 4 kits arrived down here this morning.
    Brilliant.
    I was hoping to get the Keps rigger finished first.

Thanks Mike.
    Well packaged by the way.

Cheers.
    Paul.

Awesome, Glad they made it safe, especially those 4 to you Paul..Lot of wood and glass in there beating around!

Anyone who reads this, go to http://woodrcboatkit...oplane-kit.html and do your order there.

PS, if you reply here, please quote this post, so the next guy will see what is going on and they can PM me too!

Please remember to order your carbon solid 5/16" rods from Zippkits, and if you want to use the aluminum rod end inserts for the sponsons, they have them as well. You guys may buy him out, haha. For a complete list of exactly what hardware, and electrics I used on my build, see post #52,53,58

FE Version:

1) Macomb, kit arrived
    2) Paul Renna OSE IW contacted, order soon

Nitro Version, when available:

1)Glenn Quarles wants to test
    2) Rockin Robin Stebbins IW
    3) Shane Bastick IW
    4) Dale Hobbs x 2 kits- Facebook

5) Ray Sametz IW

Mike.
    A couple of quick questions.
    Is the location & height of the turn fin in the photos in post #160, where you finished up with it or did you move it at all during the testing?
    And where is the CoG on the boat & in relation to the turn fin?
    Thanks.

P.S
    Sorry. One more. Is the sponson width still at 14 - 7/8" ?
    Last edited by 785boats; 08-04-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Paul, The turn fin stayed where it started actually! The leading edge of the fin is mounted at the trailing edge of the sponson, and the CoG is toward the rear of the turn fin, but could go further back. I will have to check it closer and make sure that is correct as I cannot remember off hand. And yep, 14-7/8" inside to inside width on the sponsons.

Thanks Mike.
    All sounds good to me. So that's where I'll keep things to start with. I've got enough wood in the sponson to adjust the fin easily enough. COG towards the rear part of the fin is good.

Cheers.
    Paul

Mike,

My kit arrived safe and sound.

Thanks.

Grumpy Old Reed

Haha, Grumpy Old Reed...Reed, I have never heard you sound anything but happy on the phone! Glad the kit got there safe! Mike

Q: early in the build you have no brass sleeves for the booms however later you do. Will I need to drill these out for the brass or are they ready? If I have to drill them out, which way is best?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Not sure about the holes that are drilled for the brass tubes (have to check mine) but I did have to enlarge the holes in the sponsons for the Zippkits boom tube end supports. I used a lexan body reamer...worked like a champ!!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Ray.
    The holes are already laser cut for the boom tubes.

Thx!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast