Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: head of the river cat hull thread

Quote Originally Posted by bonewar View Post
    Sorry Showstoppercat i meant the the back of the transom spoonson forward. Once again the fluid response with criticism for those who try to help , Mate why don't you add you 2 cents worth when the question are asked , Do you like to wait on a response so that you can criticize it! dude all i here is fluid is the man when it comes to these cats, And all i see from you is smart ass replys to people that are trying to help other people! We are not all as good as you are ! legend
    I don't see the stated "criticism" in Fuids reply.

Please explain.

Sooo, does this hull look cabable of high speed turns? I know alot depends on the build process but compared to Fluids hulls that he claims are capable, is this one? What should we look for? The only thing I see is the fine step on the inside of the tunnels that I havent seen before.. Would that add or be bad for turns? This is what my comment was about and have yet to see an answer. Fluid stated most cats are able to and I would be thrilled to hear if this hull looks capable. I think I would like one since H&M has some that are similar but you have to order 23 at a time. Thanks

Red face

Sorry Showstoppercat i meant the the back of the transom spoonson forward. Once again the fluid response with criticism for those who try to help , Mate why don't you add you 2 cents worth when the question are asked , Do you like to wait on a response so that you can criticize it! dude all i here is fluid is the man when it comes to these cats, And all i see from you is smart ass replys to people that are trying to help other people! We are not all as good as you are ! legend
    FLUID i am sorry for my rude and misjudged comments to you, I don't know what i was thinking that day. You are right and i was wrong , please accept my apology. It won't happen again. bonewar

Default re :

FLUID i am sorry for my rude and misjudged comments to you, I don't know what i was thinking that day. You are right and i was wrong , please accept my apology. It won't happen again. bonewar
    Bonewar, I probably should mind my own business here, but I just want to say that I respect and commend you for reconsidering your thoughts on Fluid. Mr. Turner is a fine gentleman, amazingly knowledgeble , experienced and yes, a little direct in disseminating his vast compilation of FE stuff. He's definitely " been there, done that " and from his trials and errors clearly and sincerely aspires to help us all avoid some of the pitfalls that we run into trying to obtain that "perfect setup " I cherish the time I get to spend with Jay and his HOTMBC compadres, and consider it a priviledge to be able to consult him with my questions. There, I've gotten that off my chest & I got a VS-1 on the bench staring back at me, so catch 'ya later !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Hi guys, here is my setup for this 32" cat.

9XL Feigao
    125 amp ETTI ESC
    Octura X642 prop

My original plan was using 2x 3s 11.1v 5000mAh in series. But, i also have a BJ26 running on 2x 2s in series as well. Therefore, i've decided to use 2x 2s 7.4v 4000mAh 25C in series for the set up above. What do you guys think?

Default Heads up

I have one of these hull which I'm in the process of sourcing parts to build a twin setup - so i emailed H&M regarding a pair of stingers that might suite a 32" cat .... and they sent me this.

Dear Sir,

this hull is a STOLEN Chinese COPY of our own designed hull AGITATOR. We developed this hull in 2 years of hard work and several tests for best results.

We try to stop this production with our international lawyer. We advise all our customers or model boater worldwide not to buy this poor made polyester hull. We bought one of this hull 1/2 year ago for our accusation.

This hull shrink after 10 days in some areas, so their is no way to buy a real ORIGINAL HYDRO&MARINE hull using a Chinese copy. You will buy just junk, so stay away from this hull. If you wont to order a original hull with original hardware and setup, their is only one way. Please understand that we couldn't give any information for stolen products from china.

Regards,

Oliver Siess
    Hydro&Marine

Anschrift :

Hydro & Marine
    O. Siess
    Gundelshausener Str. 16
    D-93309 Kelheim
    Germany

Tel. 0049-(0)9405-6000
    FAX 0049-(0)9405-6002
    Mailadresse hydromarine@t-online.de

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppercat View Post
    I have one of these hull which I'm in the process of sourcing parts to build a twin setup - so i emailed H&M regarding a pair of stingers that might suite a 32" cat .... and they sent me this.

Dear Sir,

this hull is a STOLEN Chinese COPY of our own designed hull AGITATOR. We developed this hull in 2 years of hard work and several tests for best results.

We try to stop this production with our international lawyer. We advise all our customers or model boater worldwide not to buy this poor made polyester hull. We bought one of this hull 1/2 year ago for our accusation.

This hull shrink after 10 days in some areas, so their is no way to buy a real ORIGINAL HYDRO&MARINE hull using a Chinese copy. You will buy just junk, so stay away from this hull. If you wont to order a original hull with original hardware and setup, their is only one way. Please understand that we couldn't give any information for stolen products from china.

Regards,

Oliver Siess
    Hydro&Marine

Anschrift :

Hydro & Marine
    O. Siess
    Gundelshausener Str. 16
    D-93309 Kelheim
    Germany

Tel. 0049-(0)9405-6000
    FAX 0049-(0)9405-6002
    Mailadresse hydromarine@t-online.de

Very ineresting infos to know. I bought mine from a dealer in Australia since June. The hull is made out of fiber glass, and came preinstalled with hardwares. Also, mine didn't shrink after 10 days either. I guess the Chinese went from polyester to fiber glass hull

The only difference in the china cat and the original H&M cat is ,

The H&M cat is made from fiberglass with epoxy (more expesive then polyester).
    The China cat copy is made from fiberglass with polyester (cheaper to built).

So epoxy and polyester are the glue thats keeping the fiberglass together.

I had one , sold it two weeks ago, and did not find any other differences between the original and a copy besides the the materials used and the hull didnt shrink after 10 days not even after 7 months .

grtz

Michiel.

Im still in the process of installing electronics in my build - but I would like to know if/ will MHZ stingers fit this boat - Powertrim V PX-1 -Twin Pack

Default Shrinkage

I am not the expert that Oliver is, but I have made a number of Polyester fiberglass 36" boat hulls.
    The polyester resin continues to cure for a long time. However most of the curing happens in the first 30 days and there is measurable shrinkage during that time.
    Viking
    That Viking www.How2RC.com PULSO
    Home made 36" DeepVee 50mph

Hello everyone, I just purchased the ARTR version of this Catamaran, has anybody used the stock motor and speedo on this thing? I know there not the greatest but Im just wondering if anyone here has tried it.

Also I am thinking of a 9xl with a Hydra 120 with 2x2s lipos ? Maybe 2x3s lipos, but not sure of the Hydra 120 can handle 6s lipo without overheating something?

Also I need advice on a good prop to start out with?

Thanks for the help guys

CIRCUS depends on the speed reliabilaty you want i would suggest around 8xl (2084kv) motor on 4s with around a x442 prop should see you around the 50mph mark and be reliable. i run a 7xl (2384kv) on 4s 2p with a x442 prop is a bit over the 60mph mark and reliable. only problem with these hulls once you start going over 50mph if you crash the hull can be damaged rather easily, i have had cracks in the sponsons on mine after flipping.
    cheers scott

here is a picture of my twin motor build, just painted it over christmas waiting for the aussie dollar to go back up so i can get motors ect. will be running ammo 2600kv motors on 4s
    cheers scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cat looks awesome Scott Thanks for the information. Reading this thread It just seemed like most people were using the 9xl for power, but Im new at this electric boat thing, all my experience is with nitro, but Im trying to learn all I can about brushless motors,speedos and set-ups. It gets confusing because with Nitro your limited on motor choices, and electric there are hundreds of options you can do

Honetly my first love is Hydroplanes, but I saw this Cat on here and had to have one, it a beautifull boat. Even if I never get here running, she still gets my heart racing everytime I look at here.

thanks circuscircus,yes they are a very nice looking hull. it can be confusing with motor choice as there is so many out there. i know with my 7xl 4s setup with a x440 prop only pulls around 80 amps max and around 100 on a x442 both have been detounged so even tho iam getting over the 60mph mark it is still a mild setup and can run 4-5 minutes and motor esc temps are very good talking of hydroplanes my mate runs a hydro with a blackjack motor on 6s with a pranther 240 prop the thing is insane
    cheers scott

short video of said hydro he was doing some testing in the small pond and it doesnt get to full speed in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n42TXtOCYZo

Hey Ozzie. How's trix.
    I'm slowly catching up to you. the cat hit 50mph yesterday but i still can't get it to go around the corners at any decent speed though. The rudder seems to have very little effect unless I back off & then it just hooks & spins out, even with very little rudder throw.
    If you, or anyone else, can offer any advice on why & how to fix it I would be very greatfull.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

hi paul. as you know i dont race so with the cat it has been more straight line speed and fun. maybe someone like fluid or bonewar can give you an answer. one thing i did find was the rod for the servo bends very easily especially once you get up some decent speed and you loose steering. on mine i put in a high tourqe servo thicker stainless steel rod. once i had done this i regained my steering for about 4 laps and it broke the servo mount (origonal one made from ply) wich flipped the boat threw the air at about 60mph so i made a s/steel one
    scott

Talking Rudder fix

785boats , As these cats are designed to turn at high speeds and will turn at high speeds, you have to set up your steering system very strong, as Ozzie mentioned a high torque metal gear servo around 10kg will do the job.Also make sure your servo mounting is strong . use a very stiff wire for the steering rod.There is another way to fix the problem using a lever effect , you can gear the servo 3:1 so you have 3 times the torque on the rudder as at the servo. set the links into the servo arm at say 6mm from the central pivot.At the rudder put them 18mm out,The 3:1 ratio gives you 30kg effective from a 10kg servo and you will have 30 degree movement at the rudder not that you need that much , 20degrees left,20 degrees right steering is plenty. hope this helps you Paul . Bonewar

Thanks guys.
    I have upgraded the servo & installed a guide to stop any flexing of the control linkage. I've also maximised the linkage ratio (its got about 15 degrees of throw) but the problem is still there. The servo is only 7.5 Kg so I'll get a 10 kg one this week & see how that goes. The original was only 3.5 kg.
    Thanks again.
    Paul.

just a thought paul but awhile back i found a articale on G forces of rc boats and one guy was saying that some boats would see 3-4 gs some people disagreed. one guy said he ran a g meter in his boat and was getting 3.5 gs. there is a formula to work out weight verses speed/radius of circle and work out how much force is actully on the rudder. think it would suprise some people how much force there is on turn fins and rudders.
    cheers scott

I can see your point there Scott.
    I've never had problems with rudders & turning with any of my other boats, but this is the first boat I've run with the rudder blade directly behind the prop so one would assume that the forces on the blade would be considerably higher from the propwash.
    I'll try the higher torque servo & a few different props this weekend. & play around with the COG. If that doesn't fix it I'll make up a bracket & move the rudder to the side of the prop next week.
    Thanks for the info.
    Paul.

paul, are you happy with the jacking plate you installed at the rear? i have shifted the strut right up and am going to try a 6xl in it on sunday to see how it goes? i am also trying tape airdams like the hydro guys are?
    will try till smoke?
    www.slaughtermotorsport.com

Quote Originally Posted by CircusCircus View Post
    Hello everyone, I just purchased the ARTR version of this Catamaran...
    I can only find a link to the bare hull version. Anyone have a link to this 32" cat with hardware??

Hi ben'
    Sorry I didn't see your last post yesterday. But yes, the wedge seems to work fine.
    I've convinced myself that it does create more pressure under the hull & lift it a bit.
    At first I thought that it might be part of the handling problem, but then I realised that the boat had the same problem before I stuck the wedge on.
    I didn't get to upgrade the servo before todays outing so the steering problem remained, even though I tried different props & moved the COG around a bit.
    But it did reach 52mph with an X642 prop. Well you saw that. It was a fun day today. Good luck tomorrow. Wish I could be there. Let us know how you get on.

I guess we can all dream of doing this.http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tIsqjAzkhXI
    Cheers.
    Paul.
    Last edited by 785boats; 01-24-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Nice Video!

OK I have purchased a Hydra 120, a Xpower 8XL 2085Kv motor and a 42mm prop
    now I need to get some Lipos.

Can someone point me in the right direction on a good Lipo set-up? Im rather new to the brushless world and am confused on what to buy. My friend told me to buy a pair of 4s 14.8 volts lipos and run them in paralell? Im not sure he is giving me the right advice. Also whats the Cell Burst rating mean?

I am not out to break any records but want a Lipo set-up that will work, Id like to see 50mph.

A link to some Lipos and how to wire them would be much appreciated

i run these rhino (zippy) batteries and have had a very good run with them http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...2&v=&sortlist=

Theres alot of batteries on the page, which one are you talking about? Model #

Thanks ozzie

if you have the dollars the 4s 4000s would be very nice but may be a tight squeeze in the sponsons and yes run 2 in parallel. the 4s 2350s mite get you threw but dont know what your amp draw is going to be with that setup and with the 2350s you wouldnt want to pull anymore than 80-90 amps max. with the 4000s you could pull about 150amps.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast