Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prather Commander / twin TFL P1 drives

Default tie bar setup for TFL p1 drives

[QUOTE=FlogginHarvey;664742]I hear ya and thanks for the reminder. If you look closely at the Apache I am planning to do a tie rod similar just not 100% sure how I want to do it yet. I stumbled on a Youtube video of a bench test with a pair of the same drives on a 30"ish mono and a couple a pretty impressive running videos. He had a tie bar and I thing he mounted them on the top hole of the gear cover. I just need to confirm the size of that button head screw so I can buy some longer ones and get it test fit...the list grows![/

these drives are scale m6 just make a small tongue extension out of aluminum fit to cutout on case top use screw in top of gear case to attach to out drive. I used a 4-40 turnbuckle cut down till I can find nice clevis pins. should work like a champ.
    Chaz

20160830_213637_resized[81172].jpg

Man I love those outdrives looks good.
    +

is there a build thread on the rest of your boat?
    iam about to do a similar build but just the single P1 on a Kyosho Majesty 800S been looking at this outdrive for some time, i refuse to use they're double gear double motor, yet single drive set up. i like what you have done. i wasn't sure about scale looks even though on Steve V's store site says "25-35" and the 800S is 33" i was skeptical at first, and still need to have the boat in hand, i even ordered a handful of parts to convert it either way. when this popped up looking for more info on this Drive my Faith rose tremendously and that i'll give Thanx!
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-19-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwet View Post
    is there a build thread on the rest of your boat?
    iam about to do a similar build but just the single P1 on a Kyosho Majesty 800S been looking at this outdrive for some time, i refuse to use they're double gear double motor, yet single drive set up. i like what you have done. i wasn't sure about scale looks even though on Steve V's store site says "25-35" and the 800S is 33" i was skeptical at first, and still need to have the boat in hand, i even ordered a handful of parts to convert it either way. when this popped up looking for more info on this Drive my Faith rose tremendously and that i'll give Thanx!
    I built a 30" Dumas mono with a single TFL P1 drive, the drive looks almost perfectly scale on the hull! So a 33" hull the drive will look just fine!! I run the boat on 3S, surprisingly quick, handling is so so.

IMG_2373.jpg IMG_2376.jpg IMG_2447.jpg IMG_2446.jpg IMG_2593.jpg

Those TFL P1 drives are nice, I don' t understand the setup because this is a big and large hull.

Do you remember this Cigarette ?

If i remember right that's not a as big of a hull as it looks, i believe 33" or 34". I am in love with that particular boat, i wish that was a production hull that anyone could buy, i know i'd have one in a heart beat!! I say it all the time there just aren't enough scale hulls on the market, most v-bottoms tend to look too toy-ish to me, even if they are state of the art race hulls. I wonder is this boat has seen an water time yet, man i'd love to see how it runs!!!

Thank you Checkmateguy01.
    i just know how Tamiya and Kyosho gears and transmissions are can you say "Melt Down"?
    That Cig. boat picture is a most Handsome Craft. The red drives set that boat off nicely. the P1 i want to use will be Titanium Aluminum color.

Awesome scale builds!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12