Thread: Lego Boat

Default Lego Boat

Okay, so I have wanted to do a lego boat for many years. I got the Lego coast guard cutter that I planned on making RC. She's only 17 inches long, and loaded with LED's but I wanted one bigger. I confiscated all my Daughter's lego (with her permission) and started building. Then I realized that I have nowhere near the amount of Lego I will need. I priced bulk lego by the pound and realized I may be getting in over my head in price here. I downloaded "Lego Digital Designer" which will generate a build instruction manual, keep a list of brick count, and if I upload the design to Lego, they will make it a kit that I can buy for a small fortune.

Anyway, the dream continues, and the search for cheap lego begins. Here is my digital design. (no stern, and 2,222 bricks so far).

Attached Images Attached Images
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

...I forgot to post the 17" coast guard boat

Attached Images Attached Images
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very cool Danny!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Danny try bricklink.com for parts that is where my son gets most of his parts. His room is filled to the rafters with Lego
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Thanks pretty sweet. I thought my wife was tossing a big box of Legos the other day when my sons room got cleaned but she said she's not tossing it. I was gonna send you a big box of em. I tried
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Woo hoo!! ...aw man! Whew what a Rollercoaster ride. Hahaha Thanks for trying Travis

Neat Lego boat , your design is great, i had a Lego city/town with trains it was just too big and took up a lota room,sold it. I love the lil' bricks. been doing Lego forever, still have a few kits left to do i never completed. did you ever get it on water?
    some people were building a livable real home out of these. Lego's are used so many different ways it's so incredible, the art aspect blows me away.

Thank you Eric. Life has been getting in the way of a lot lately. I am still trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Thank you Eric. Life has been getting in the way of a lot lately. I am still trying.
    I know always something or someone arises.
    do you make all those emoji's that pop up on the gallery? they are funny as can be
    well someday you'll get it on water.
    i suppose you have it displayed somewhere for all those lights that's Rad!
    i find lighting is not so hard, it's just the prep and location placements, soldering, shrink tube or whatever connectors and wire looms take forever. after 400 lights and counting on my 1/32 slot car track i just stopped counting, my train sets have that and then some, i spend hours logging and labeling and color code every type of wattage and design of bulb, be it LED, millivolt, those neon signs by Miller Engineering are the cats meow.
    you put a lot of time into that Cutter, now i think i want to build another of Lego's Technics kits.
    How about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdlCQmzUAM&vl=en

That is too cool! I love it.