Thread: 5.5mm bullets on AQ 60amp esc question

Default 5.5mm bullets on AQ 60amp esc question

hey everyone I was trying to find out how to solder the esc leads to the batts on the UL1 boat with the bullets? do I need a y connector or is there a different way?confused and don't want to fry anything ha.pics would be great thanks.

I am guessing you have 2-2S lipo packs. First, solder the 5.5 MALE bullet connectors on the Negative (Black) side of each lipo pack...the Positive (Red) battery leads each get the 5.5 female bullets. The Esc is just reverse of the battery leads (Male on Positive (Red) and female on Negative (Black). **Here's a tip for you...use electric tape on the unsoldered battery leads while adding the bullets - don't let the open ends of the leads touch each other at all!!**

Instead of using the "Y" lead, you will just be using the red and black wires on the esc (get rid of the jumper wire ("Y").

You will now be connecting one black wire from one pack to the red wire on the other pack...you will be left with one black lead on one pack and one red lead on the other pack...those will plug into the esc (red to red -black to black)...you now have 2 - 2S packs wired in series to make 4S!!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

that's great! thank you for your help Hotwater

You are most welcome! ; )
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738