Thread: Forum policy question

Default Forum policy question

Can a person that started a thread request that it be removed from the forum?

I feel like once I post something on this forum that it becomes the property of the forum. To delete or archive something would be only at the discretion of the owner (OSE).

That said, I would also think that any thread/post on the forum (being OSE property at that point) couldn't then be lifted from the forum and placed elsewhere without permission of the owner (OSE).

Splitting hairs? I think we ran into this on the red board years ago. Can't remember the details.
    Noisy person

Rules that need to be agreed upon when signing up for OSE.

"Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click
    here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Offshore Electrics Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Offshore Electrics Forums, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Offshore Electrics Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason."

We try to be very selective in deleting a thread. I always try to enforce this policy with the mods. They have done a good job of following this. There are times when a user will request a thread be deleted. Most times we will close the thread if the thread has gone off topic. But not delete it unless there is fighting or useless info. Some threads like the ProMarine thread just go on and on, twisting and turning. At the end if you read page one, then the last page you would think you are in another thread. Thats the reason it was closed, BUT not deleted.

As to who owns the info, Im not 100% sure. It other cases that Ive read/seen, the copyright is said to protect the forum owner from content being stolen. "Copyright © Offshore Electrics Forums 2002 - 2016"

PS I just found out that there is a spelling error in the above text. Violative.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Me too. I'm not trying to cause trouble for you Steve. I have zero problem with you closing that thread either.
    Noisy person

Which thread?