Thread: IMPBA District 12 Race #2, Centreville, VA - June 4-5, 2016

Default IMPBA District 12 Race #2, Centreville, VA - June 4-5, 2016

The Capitol RC Model Boat Club will be hosting District 12 Race #2 the weekend of June 4-5 at our club pond in Centreville, VA. Gas, Nitro, Electric,Tunnels...we race it all. Last chance to dial in your boats and practice before Gas Nats later in the month and Nitro Nats in July. Open Water Friday June 3 noon to 6 pm. We'll have lunch available both race days. We strive to make our race a little better each year. Over the winter we purchased a bigger retrieval boat with a more powerful motor to get your boats back to the dock quicker and safer. Sign up on RC Racing Events!!

www.rcracingevents.com
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chilli; 04-26-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Okay Folks. Less then three weeks before race weekend and entries are coming in. We've got classes available for all boats. Come and join us!!

Well we've doubled the number of entries in five days. Thank you guys!!! We should end up with over 90. Everyone please double check your entries and let me know if you have any additions, changes or corrections. I'll be printing out heat sheets on Wednesday evening. Turn out will be a little lighter than normal and I know everyone has had a hard time getting test time in this spring so I want everyone to get as much stick time as possible. We will run classes that have two entries. Right now that's only one or two extra classes. Most of the heavy rains from Bonnie have stayed east of RT 95 so we're hoping the grounds will firm up during the week. Weekend weather looks pretty good except for a chance of showers on Friday. Temps should top out in the low to mid 80's.

I want to thank everyone that attended the race this past weekend. Without a doubt It was one of the most enjoyable races I have hosted. The forecast was ominous for the entire weekend but the RC Gods were smiling on us because we got nothing worst than a drip or two of rain on all three days. With Sundays weather looking really bad, I let everyone know on Saturday morning we were going to work through lunch and wouldn't stop until we finished three heats. Everyone was ready for their heats and our new retrieval boat worked flawlessly. We finished heat three by 6:30 pm and all our racers were on their way home by noon on Sunday (before the weather hit...)

Thanks to the Capitol Crew for giving it all they've got. Special thanks to Robin who did most of the retrieval duty this weekend and Mike F who came up with the food truck idea which took allot of extra stress off me. Thanks to all the folks who helped CD for me. Especially Don Ferrette who gave me a couple of hours worth of breaks.Thanks to John Finch and Jim Skelton for fixing the linkage on my son's sport hydro so he could take the win. Thanks to all the folks that generously donated raffle items. Especially Mike at ML Boatworks and Steven at Offshore Electrics.

Our next D12 race is not until late August in Smithfield, VA. They do have club racing there also so check out the Old Dominion Model Boat Association on Facebook.