Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pro Boat Formula Fastech Jet Drive Project

To be honest, this is the speeds i am aiming for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cClZ4FYc3E

working lights etc...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Nice boat! What is the length? Who makes it? Is it a Graupner boat? Is it fiberglass or ABS plastic? Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm thinking about building a scale boat and I really like the one you have pictured!
    its fiberglass, it is graupner's kit... this is what you start with.

those aren't my pics thats just a idea of what you have to do... looks easy but drilling 1,5mm brass tube with a 1mm drill is a 'tad' frustrating
    Attached Images Attached Images

I gave up on planes long ago. I still like them, so I'm trying to put floats on a plane that will not fly, boat functions only with a spinning plane prop for looks only.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Awesome Project! LOVE the paint! what kind of paint/prep did you use? I am think ing of painting my stock fastech and I am not sure what kind of paint I can use on it.

Nice work!

I sanded the hull with 600 grit wet/dry. I then used Duplicolor Pro Shop lacquer red and then clear shot through a 1.0 detail gun. Buffed the clear with Turtle wax liquid polishing compound using a 6" buffer and a wool pad. Make sure the humidity is low or the clear will blush - learned this the hard way.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Thanks! Sounds like something i can handle, I just need to figure out how to get the deck rails off without breaking the hull.. any tips? I have already ordered new rails incase i have to break them off.

I was doing some research for a project which led me to this thread. It is where Dan (Diegoboy) fit a Graupner jet drive into a Formula Fastech seven or so years ago. In it - with my infinite wisdom I told him that it wasn't going to work. That the intake was too far forward (would suck air at high speeds) and there was a more suitable drive available. He didn't take that well, but was gracious and went on with the build which ended up just fine. In fact, with the motor and intake both being forward like that, it eliminated the hopping that is associated with overdriven jet drives.

Anyways, I must have gotten sidetracked as I don't see where I apologized for being absolutely wrong, I seem to have just left the scene. So for the record Danny, I was wrong (as you well know) and I want to thank you for being a gentleman about it all and for adding to my (not so infinite) knowledge of jet drives.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Holy crap talk about digging up an old thread......LOL
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

I remember that one!! Good stories never die!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789