Thread: Thunder Tiger Olympian

Default Thunder Tiger Olympian

Just opened up this new Thunder Tiger Olympian brushless rc boat and I thought I'd post something on it since theres little to no detailed info I can find anywhere on the web. Retails for $499. Its a 35-inch 1-piece plastic hull with removable electronics tray, aluminum hardware and stainless adjustable trim tabs. Laser etched wood boat stand with TT and Olympian logo, 2.4 ghz ace rc radio, 2 extra props, extra servo horn, pair of extra o-rings for the cooling can, bag of tools, charging adapter, and a pair of extra xt-90 connectors. 1/8 scale electronics including a 4074 2000kv ripper brushless motor and 180A ace rc (SEAKING) esc. Metal gear steering servo and sealed receiver box. Its very spartan-like but certainly not a clone. The hatch uses high powered magnets and the flex shaft is kind of unique in that it can be separated from the props shaft before it exits the hull. Haven't run it yet but it claims 75km/hr on 6s(which seems a little too much voltage for a 2000kv motor in a v-hull) 37,000rpm.... ish? Quick unboxing video and running info to come.....Here are some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by forescott; 06-18-2016 at 10:50 AM.

more pics.....

couple more.

Dialed in the strut on this boat. It was way off. Ran it on 4s with an x447. Turns well, runs smooth. Next I want to try my cnc 1942 on 6s.

I hope it survives.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.